306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where did you get the rebuild kit and how much was it? I can hear and feel that I've got a brake binding so I need to get it done really.

I agree to all the conditions. Especially the second one Wink
(29-09-2012, 05:33 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you get the rebuild kit and how much was it? I can hear and feel that I've got a brake binding so I need to get it done really.

I agree to all the conditions. Especially the second one Wink

I havent actually used a rebuild kit. Could of done with new seals and what have you but just didnt have the time before mot. There nice and free now and no leaks or anything but might buy a kit as i dont have any dust covers on the pistons (probably why they seized in the first place.
Big red brakes sell a kit for the rear brakes for £28. If you wanted to rebuild them, id suggest sending them off and getting them done by the likes of big red. Come back nice and shiny then!
I use the car pretty much every day, and I don't have a spare set to take off the car and get them done. I guess Vaughan needs to hurry up and break his 6 so I can have his fronts and rears lol
Right update time again. As per usual im useless with taking photos during but still got a few.

[Image: 209771CB-92ED-442B-AF3F-07EE9983AC42-348...F6E73F.jpg]
new Meyle HD lower arms, new alarm siren and single piece bottom pulley.

Fitting the arms was an absolute ball ache due to having the lower brace fitted and not having a bigger range of tools to get the driver side undone (very close to sump so not much room to work) and fitting the drivers side arm was such a bastard. eventually got it all back together and it handles so much better now. Well worth the money!
alarm siren fitted and works and f*ck me its loud. made the mistake of locking the car and immediately setting it off even though theres a 10 second delay after locking. Walked round to see why it wasnt working and the bastard almost deafened me!

luckily i got a extra week on my mot than i thought so getting it done saturday morning. Wish me luck!

also, got a small amount more work done on the carputer.

[Image: 5B3037A9-F7AB-4BA1-A73A-C47DCF0B1B84-348...8CCA21.jpg]

all the boards mounted. Need to add a plate on top to mount the screen power inverter and usb hub.

[Image: 9B5F77AC-3411-49E5-A3BD-0F15CDC6B955-348...5ED22D.jpg]

nice and slim which is pretty essential to fit in the centre console without having to move the SRS module which i really dont want to do.

[Image: DF826AD9-87E0-4EF7-B123-B144C856E4D4-348...E5F121.jpg]

7" screen which will just fit in the centre console!

got a list of adaptors, cables and mounts ive got to buy before i can consider breaking out the fibreglass!
I've got a spare dash we can work with Wink
nice nice! saves me buying one. you and adam will have to come over soon to help me geek it up with the RPi. Ill supply the rum and curry!
Rather intrigued by your carputer... Want to make myself one that'll work as a built-in diagnostics/media/gauges plus thingymabobwotsitmajigga, be a useful tuning tool.
Right well the car passed its mot first time with out a single advisory. Well impressed with that!

[Image: A07EE7DA-A9F4-40FB-8B96-E31002B0FB58-889...616382.jpg]

got a strut brace from scott off of vaughns old 6. Havent driven it yet but being omp, its probably floppy and shite!

also, ed in his car. the tapping has finally tapped the shell away!

[Image: BDF10DD6-F8D8-443B-AADC-FFEA7D1F6F9F-889...185DFF.jpg]
lol

what a spastic
You go the code for those lower arms?
(17-10-2012, 07:48 PM)MarkTD Wrote: [ -> ]You go the code for those lower arms?

no sorry mate. I just got them through KrisB. One of his parts suppliers gets them
[Image: 9CC9921A-89B3-45B5-BEEA-FADFBC0DD514-666...8502BA.jpg]

Decided i needed a arm rest. Unfortunately its from a VAG but its a perfect fit!

[Image: BECA5D7C-75D5-454F-8E14-A837128FE376-666...515176.jpg]
Nice! Glad to see it fitted well. Was it easy to do? I may have to do the same ninja
Very easy. As you can see there is 4 bolts in the bottom of it but these can be covered up with some alacantara. The back overhangs the rear of the centre console but it leaves a perfect place for some switches in the rear for ninjaness ninja
OOOOhhh very nice, very rep mobil Tongue
(27-10-2012, 05:19 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]OOOOhhh very nice, very rep mobil Tongue

Damn straight. Its so i can be crusing in comfort........into kerbs sideways!
Yes aswell as comfort it doubles as somwhere to keep your cell phone, note pad and pen Big Grin

UUUUMMM what car did that come from? im asking for a friend honest!
I'll leave it up to Niall to say but I was pretty surprised when we found it! We'd been looking around all sorts of cars at various bits and Niall just happened to take a look at it and it's seemed to be the right fit. Glad to see that it worked!
(27-10-2012, 05:36 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Yes aswell as comfort it doubles as somwhere to keep your cell phone, note pad and pen Big Grin

UUUUMMM what car did that come from? im asking for a friend honest!

Im getting a car phone installed. True rep style!!!

Its from a seat ibiza but i think its the same as the one a3 as well.

It really is a perfect fit width wise. Ill get a pic to show the rear over hang tomorrow. It did come with a arm but when i fitted that. It was far too high. Could do with coming up about 5cm for it to be perfect height for me but im like mr tickle! might space it out somehow tomorrow.
Needs some cup holders off the back of it though Big Grin
(27-10-2012, 05:41 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Needs some cup holders off the back of it though Big Grin

Did think about a completely new centre console. Looked perfect fit until we realised the handbrake was offset slightly!
Going to look into this, for the DT that is who f*ck would put one in a gti? lol

The hight issue shouldnt be so bad with the shorter Dt gear stick Big Grin, Will also have to get on the bay and see what cup holders can be bodged .... i mean adjusted to fit on the back for when im at mcy Ds every night Blud
Maybe it's just me, but it looks like it doesn't belong, it's too square and blocky when everything else in the 306 is curves... Still, smart fit and does what you want it to i guess.
Drivers seat a different colour to passenger?
(28-10-2012, 09:34 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Drivers seat a different colour to passenger?

No it's just the way the Alecantra looks
What car is that from then? Can you do a guide on how it's fitted?

I really need somewhere to mount/hide my iPod and it's currently directly under that position...
(28-10-2012, 12:32 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]What car is that from then? Can you do a guide on how it's fitted?

I really need somewhere to mount/hide my iPod and it's currently directly under that position...

Havent got any pics from today but ive now raised it up and put my ipod cable in there. Will do a guide when i get some better pics.
Its out of a 2000 seat Ibiza and is a perfect fit down to the mm!
More pics needed Niall! Smile

They don't seem very common. How did you attach it?
[Image: %24(KGrHqF,!lMF!iFJh4nmBQT8jO8pYg~~60_12.JPG]

ninja
(12-11-2012, 09:02 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ][Image: %24(KGrHqF,!lMF!iFJh4nmBQT8jO8pYg~~60_12.JPG]

ninja

Oh so thats where my seats are
Paisley freight will be there around 10 to pick em up? Lol

Seriously tho they look nice and any more updates about your rasp pi?