306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
epic gauge...

careful, looks like you may have caught dumdumlashitup disease!

mapping still on for friday?
(05-03-2014, 09:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]epic gauge...

careful, looks like you may have caught dumdumlashitup disease!

mapping still on for friday?

Yeah the gauge is lashed up. It just runs through the door shut lol but i will be fitting a proper one in a few weeks.
Good job Niall, bet you can't wait for a brown pants moment post Friday now lol

What's it like on fuel with the boost, much difference or not?
(05-03-2014, 09:41 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]Good job Niall, bet you can't wait for a brown pants moment post Friday now lol

What's it like on fuel with the boost, much difference or not?

Don't know mate. It hasn't been driven boosted yet and won't be until Friday. I would imagine it will be slightly worse but on casual driving, it should be about the same.
How much casual driving do you expect when you have the option of boost? Tongue

Good luck for the mapping though, should be good!
Very very interested in this, should be great....
Looking good mate....... Apart from the sump repair that is........
(06-03-2014, 09:00 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good mate....... Apart from the sump repair that is........

Yeah hardly ideal Sad. Its only a seep though so that should stop it until i pick up my new sump
it's f-f-f-f friiiiday!
.......lots of expectation here
[attachment=14133]

It's on it's way ninja
Are you driving it back after being mapped? Mount a cam inside if you do...
Yes and yes I will be!

[attachment=14135]
(07-03-2014, 11:23 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and yes I will be!

Yes mate! Waiting in anticipation for this....
Is it broken yet Niall lol
Hope it hasn't gone bang!

Seriously though, looks epic. Will have to take me out for a spin in it.
Popcorn

Smile
Well it's on the dyno. Idle done and he's just starting on the low rpm stuff. Currently making 40hp :lol

Many a go pro video taken which will be loaded up tonight.
Excited to see this, hope it goes well.
(07-03-2014, 01:42 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Currently making 40hp lol

lmao

at least theres only one way from there!!

PS what are the predictions.... 200bhp 220? 230? 240?
Depends what boost it's at.

If it's a stock pulley, I'd say 220hp.
Fingers crossed Niall you get the figure you'd like Smile
Tell us!!
Keeeeeen
Well theres good and bad news. Just uploading the videos then ill do a nice long essay :p

So, as you've seen through my silly little updates today, i got the car there safe and sound this morning to meet Steve and Steve at Track n Road. They fell about in fits of laughter at some of the bodges and generally slated it for a bit then got on with it.
He started with doing all the cold idle and idle which took a fair bit of time to get right then got onto the actual driving stuff (meanwhile, i was demoted to tea boy for everyone Tongue ). Doing one run, i generally thought the car had gone bang when a boost hose popped off lol

Anyway, 2pm came along and the car should of been done by now but still no so me and Sam went off to find somewhere for food and drink. Pissed off a BMW driver at the Tescos then buggered off back to TnR to be greeted with bad news.
Firstly, at 70% injector duty cycle, the pump just couldn't provide any more fuel which is odd but is pointing towards a dodgy pump which makes sense as sometimes when it was standard, it did have days of being rather sluggish.
Secondly, it was only making 3 psi of boost which was odd because he was expecting 6-7 psi. At first, i didn't know why this was until i stopped at the services on the way home and found my rather home brew boost take off plate is chronically leaking boost.

The outcome of this......189bhp Sad

Good news is though, the graph is great with a lovely smooth curve (will scan and upload later) and the car has loads more torque. Drove the 40 mile drive home messing about and its brilliant to drive.

So overall, not the result i wanted but a good result none the less. The car didn't go bang and they both commented on how smooth the engine is which is nice.
Next job is a new pump and rising rate fuel pressure regulator and a new charger plate then back for remapping. I was after 210bhp but he reckons if the pump was fine and it made the correct boost, it would of easily of made 230bhp
To be fair though; those couple of fixes aren't huge and make a significant difference! awesome news to have it on the road and running though!!! Big Grin top work!
(07-03-2014, 07:08 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair though; those couple of fixes aren't huge and make a significant difference! awesome news to have it on the road and running though!!! Big Grin top work!

Exactly. Im a little disappointed but overall, I'm happy as to how its all gone. No failures and I'm really happy that they were happy with the engine.
Im taking a break from it for a while now (just sorting the bodges and what not) and just going to have some fun in it making chavvy "tssh" noises lol
Before FCS, it will go back for mapping.
Meh always have issues with this sort of thing, its boosted, thats a result in its self. Fix the issues get the map tweaked and it'll be epic!
(07-03-2014, 07:13 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Meh always have issues with this sort of thing, its boosted, thats a result in its self. Fix the issues get the map tweaked and it'll be epic!

Should be. Im glad I've found the boost leak as i was starting to wonder if i had a buggered charger again but considering its pissing air out at all directions, i think thats a good place to start lol
Atleast you have a gauge so you can see if your making progress! Would like to see a picture of le leak lol!