306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its a small workshop. One of them really old places, 3 old blokes working there who do everything for cash but always happy to do little jobs here and there Smile
Im always reading this thread with interest and never comment for some reason. I do really love this motor. Its good to see the BOV has helped with some running issues as well. Also all pug dealerships can skim discs on cars. The bit of equipment is required when you become a dealer. Used to do hundreds at ours. Of course this may have changed its been two years since I worked for them.
So this weekend was great and the car performed faultlessly up the hill at Pugfest

Oh wait, that didnt happen.  Dodgy
So, new callipers arrived Saturday morning. Got them fitted, started bleeding them and......ones pissing out fluid! You've got to be joking right!? They are brand new! Anyway, it was about 2pm at this point and i wanted to get to pugfest so i accepted the fact that the 306 wasnt going, had a tantrum and left the car in pieces. I cheered my self up knowing that i had air con (was 30 degrees when we left here!) and used £15 of diesel to get there and back. So bollocks to all of you and your french POS! lol

Anyway, got home today and decided to whip the leaky piston out of the calliper. I think its pretty clear why it was leaking....

[Image: IMG_3968_zpsj1zrmycd.jpg]

So new seal In, all back together and ready to bleed tomorrow. Oh and shiny parts!

[Image: IMG_3959_zpsbvqxevun.jpg]

Anyway, Pugfest was awesome as always and glad i managed to speak to most. If i didnt speak to you (probably lucky you tbh!) then apologies! I had to leave early on the Sunday because of work commitments which was probably a good thing as i was knackered and clearly so was my co pilot...

[Image: IMG_3965_zpsztoicqie.jpg]
bugger about the brakes. epic mpgs there!
should of given grant a cheeky teabag.
How do you know I didn't?
Well car has been off the road since before pugfest now. Ive been deciding what to do with brakes seeing as I've had no luck at all recently! Decided in the end that i was going to change the bells and rotors for single piece discs. Whilst it might look good and may serve a purpose for a track orientated car to have this set up, Its more financially viable for me to have a single piece disc.
Anyway, much searching later and i have found a disc that fits. Well i say fits, its the right dimensions other than its 305mm diameter rather than 310mm and the centre bore needs opening up to the correct size for Peugeots, 65.1mm. Not an issue at all.
The fact they are 305mm really is a god send as i literally would struggle to squeeze a rizla paper inbetween the calliper and wheel currently. the fact i can pull the calliper in by 2.5mm will make a big difference!

Anyway, after much searching, i found a brand new pair of Brembo discs on eBay for the grand sum of £110 quid delivered Smile

[Image: IMG_3999_zpsxz56jhdh.jpg]

These are off to the machine shop tomorrow to have the centre bore opened out slightly then will be fitted at some point this week when i have time! 
In other news, pipework for the new Tial BOV is with bridge craft engineering being welded up. Currently its bodged on and whilst its working, i now have a stupid amount of silicone joins in my pipework which i want to do away with! After that, I've got a bit more fettling to do and then it will be going back for mapping in the winter. The plan then is to take it off the road over winter to deal with the underside then it will be ready to go for next show and track season Big Grin
They off an ST170 or something? I'm not surprised you've gone to a single piece disc, the downside of the two piece is the great expense of a simple disc change.

When I finally fitted my bells/rotors second hand I was worried that I seemed to have a bit of wheel wobble. Having removed the drivers side again for a driveshaft seal change, I must've seated it that bit better as it seems to have gone. Smile

Lovely car, would like to see it in the metal sometime. I miss my China.
(26-07-2015, 03:10 PM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]They off an ST170 or something? I'm not surprised you've gone to a single piece disc, the downside of the two piece is the great expense of a simple disc change.

When I finally fitted my bells/rotors second hand I was worried that I seemed to have a bit of wheel wobble. Having removed the drivers side again for a driveshaft seal change, I must've seated it that bit better as it seems to have gone. Smile

Lovely car, would like to see it in the metal sometime. I miss my China.

Fiat Grande Punto Abarth Smile
Closest i could find to the "standard" size on these kits and you can pick a pair up from £70 for cheapies. 
I think the bells for mine are slightly warped but the new owner of them is aware of that so hopefully he will do them justice and get it all sorted out Smile
http://www.brakebook.com/bb/textar/en_DE...heet.xhtml

ERMAGHERD how much do those weigh lol (8.3 kg :o )

being able to shift the caliper in is good though, there's 77.5mm of friction surface there I think, 150mm bell, they'll fit under a 15" MO at 310mm, TD pro race 1.2 not quite but that 2.5mm might just do it.

here's a nicely details drawing of the 406 305mm disc.

[Image: c8afe99e-f25b-4f7a-93f2-c224afc60252V1-1000F1000.jpg]

and here's those behemoths you've picked up

[Image: d717df41-8d47-42b9-b536-50d17f21f7e6V1-1000F1000.jpg]
Thanks for the diagram Mei but i already had that hence how i found it was the most suitable Tongue
Its a 56mm pad contact area on the Abarth disc which works fine as the calliper is 55mm. Yeah they are heavy but only just heavier than the two piece ones unfortunately!
So regretfully, this is now for sale. The car hasn't been used in the past 3 months at all. Not because i don't want to but because i just do not have the time any more due to a career change. I would rather see it used and enjoyed by someone rather than sit on my driveway looking sorry for its self.
I will do a proper advert for it later but for now, a lot of you know the spec and can look at this thread for its history. Im after £2750 ONO but would consider a part ex for a decent 205 GTi Wink
Shame mate Sad loved that little blast we had in the new forest at pugrun!
(31-08-2015, 12:07 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Shame mate Sad loved that little blast we had in the new forest at pugrun!

Well buy it then haha
Nah, if i could find somewhere to dry store it for a year or so just until I've got my self sorted then i would do and keep it but i just can't find anywhere and can't be keeping it on the drive any more really Sad
Damn if i was closer i would happily say chuck it under a sheet in the mancave lol wish i had the money or i would be snapping your arm off!
You pussy
FFS he'S buying a renault megane
Doesn't need to buy cars, gets them free from work lol... Tongue

Seriously though, this might be a daft question, but if you can't use or store the '6 , how is PX'ing for a 205 going to be any different? Confused
I'd leave it on the drive an use it every now and then tbh, that's all I do with the zx when it pisses me off and I use the BMW instead Big Grin
(31-08-2015, 02:28 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]FFS he'S buying a renault megane

Not buying one but i do have one on order to replace the Kia with Tongue
what a twat... id have the charger kit off you if you break.
Second dibs on charger.

/vulture.

Seriously please don't sell. I still don't think I've seen it with the charger in the flesh Sad
Seen a few bigger projects sold up recently due to "work" but surely your job is what you use to fund your hobbies, if it eliminates them it must be time for a different job  Confused
Feel sad Sad
Stick it in the corner and come back to It in a few months,I'd wished I'd had done than with the rallye instead of breaking it.
(31-08-2015, 10:38 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]Seen a few bigger projects sold up recently due to "work" but surely your job is what you use to fund your hobbies, if it eliminates them it must be time for a different job  Confused

I thought it was used to fund moving on in life, buying a house, marriage, kids, whatever he wants.... Rather than just throwing money at cars that you don't have time to use. Itwasntme
Pretty sure it's just the standard pure mincing:

"don't have the time to appreciate it"
"would like a 205 gti"

Anyone else smell that..?

Wink
(01-09-2015, 10:41 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-08-2015, 10:38 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]Seen a few bigger projects sold up recently due to "work" but surely your job is what you use to fund your hobbies, if it eliminates them it must be time for a different job  Confused

I thought it was used to fund moving on in life, buying a house, marriage, kids, whatever he wants....  Rather than just throwing money at cars that you don't have time to use.  Itwasntme

What kinda weirdo are you?  Confused
(01-09-2015, 12:35 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2015, 10:41 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought it was used to fund moving on in life, buying a house, marriage, kids, whatever he wants....  Rather than just throwing money at cars that you don't have time to use.  Itwasntme

What kinda weirdo are you?  Confused

Tom is THE worst kind of weirdo... He can use the internet and forums lol
I thought the worst kind were the ones that go out and sit on park benches in trench coats... Confused Tongue