306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haha yeah exactly. I paid some guys to do it for me at the Christmas meet so I don't think I've done it my self since fcs lol

Might get my self some Koni adjustables for the back. Heard good things about them!
Rofl that's bad man! The car needs some love! Tongue

Noice on the Koni's. That'll be good fun actually setting those up in the summer. Adjustable and fiddlings ftw Tongue

When I was trying to decide whether to go for B8s or Gaz's, it was Mazz who ended up making the decision saying "you'll never be happy unless you're fiddling with something on the car, so you might as well get the adjustable ones so you can piss about with it!" LOL
I always thought mazz was a bloke till last monday!
Gaz ones are only about 100 delivered from eBay niall, they're pretty good
(21-02-2013, 01:14 PM)Just Sean Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought mazz was a bloke till last monday!

lol NICE!

(21-02-2013, 01:15 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Gaz ones are only about 100 delivered from eBay niall, they're pretty good

They are, but Niall is a MASSIVE suspension snob, and wont look at Gaz because they 'corrode when you look at them' Tongue
(21-02-2013, 01:18 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-02-2013, 01:14 PM)Just Sean Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought mazz was a bloke till last monday!

lol NICE!

He says wearing a dress lol
(21-02-2013, 01:18 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]They are, but Niall is a MASSIVE suspension snob, and wont look at Gaz because they 'corrode when you look at them' Tongue

They used to do that, but not anymore. They changed the coating on the shock bodies to prevent it happening so much Smile

I can get a small discount on Gaz products but not enough to warrant doing a group buy...
Of the gaz don't corrode as fast any more, I will buy a set but I'm not buying them only to have to paint them in a years time to stop them rotting away!
Yeah there was a bad thread over on Pistonheads after someone fitted them to a TVR iirc. But this was about 2006, so they have had plenty of time to improve!

I believe they are now zinc coated to minimise corrosion and it's standard practice to grease coilovers anyway when fitting, so the collars don't seize up!

MeisterR also make good quality units but they don't have much motorsports presence - only drifting from what I've seen, which isn't that much of a test of suspension IMO! (dons flame suit). GAZ are decent mid-range coilovers, if you want better then it's time to look at KW...then when you've picked yourself back up off the floor go back to GAZ for a quotation lol
Mine after a year or so

[Image: ety7y7un.jpg]

Still look the same as when I put em on
Mine have a bit of road grime, but that's cause I actually use my car unlike some *cough* Old man *cough* Rolleyes

That said, the grime wipes off and they're just as shiny as the day I put them on. And they've done a whole winter under the car now....
Ha ha mine gets used daily byach!!!
(21-02-2013, 01:12 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]Adjustable and fiddlings ftw Tongue

Not easily adjustable though lol you gotta take them off to adjust them.

They also only have 3 settings:

1. Better than standard, but I'm a wimp mode.
2. Half way house, why bother.
3. Epic. Very well matched with the 23.5mm bars.

Max them out and fit them.
well in which case, i may get some. I had seen quite a few sets of GAZ shocks that have badly corroded in the space of a year/18 months!

Right, today i have mostly been playing with this.

[Image: IMG_1079_zps99d64970.jpg]

'can you guess what its for yet?'
I know! Ha ha just reminded me what a fucktard Iam lol
(21-02-2013, 05:39 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Not easily adjustable though lol you gotta take them off to adjust them.

They also only have 3 settings:

1. Better than standard, but I'm a wimp mode.
2. Half way house, why bother.
3. Epic. Very well matched with the 23.5mm bars.

Max them out and fit them.

Not really? You just twist the knob on the bottom for rebound adjustment...
Can be done on car in seconds Smile

I agree with the settings though lmao With the turinis on though it is a bit crashy on max!! Having them on a softer setting actually improves grip....
Ed, if Niall's using the same koni's as I have, then what I said above stands lol

If not, I'll get my coat Tongue
(21-02-2013, 05:50 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]I know! Ha ha just reminded me what a fucktard Iam lol

Jonny, i dont think you will have to worry now mate. It arrived today and it actually works differently to how i thought it would so i dont think my previous problem will matter any more. Will find out tomorrow after work when i get it wired up to test.

Ed, i think Nano-Jonny is talking about the Koni ones. You adjust them by twisting the body.
Ah ok bud! You need to remind me of this shit lol!! How's the PC?
(21-02-2013, 06:14 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok bud! You need to remind me of this shit lol!! How's the PC?

Lol i dont like to hassle. Youve already done me loads of favours!
To be honest mate, its still sitting in the car. I need to order the cable for the touch screen to usb as i lost the old one Sad
(21-02-2013, 05:41 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]well in which case, i may get some. I had seen quite a few sets of GAZ shocks that have badly corroded in the space of a year/18 months!

Right, today i have mostly been playing with this.

[Image: IMG_1079_zps99d64970.jpg]

'can you guess what its for yet?'

Looks like some sort of timer interface type thing.
Something to do with rasp pi?
(21-02-2013, 06:25 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: [ -> ]Something to do with rasp pi?

nope...
Timer for some sort of lights?
I know what it is ninja

Nice one mate!
Trip computer?
Turbo timer? Please be a turbo timer. Shy
(21-02-2013, 07:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Turbo timer? Please be a turbo timer. Shy

Well done that man!*

*For just making me want a turbo 1.8/gti hybrid even more
(21-02-2013, 07:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Turbo timer? Please be a turbo timer. Shy

He needs a turbo first!!!
(21-02-2013, 07:26 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]

He needs to learn to tell the time first!!!

/troll