Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
(18-11-2013, 06:51 PM)sam Wrote: Youve probably answered this already but how you gking to mount the sc?

Blue tack, string and messy sex tissues
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 07:08 PM)Niall Wrote:
(18-11-2013, 06:51 PM)sam Wrote: Youve probably answered this already but how you gking to mount the sc?

Blue tack, string and messy sex tissues

I would of that you would be using surplus electrical cable tracking from work Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
You forgot cable ties and duck tape..
Thanks given by:
Loving it Inlove
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 07:08 PM)Niall Wrote: Blue tack, string and messy sex tissues

Lmfao. Epic thread
Thanks given by:
Not read the whole thread are you going high boost? Wouldn't it be worth while putting forged low comp pistols in if not ready for high boost?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 11:07 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Not read the whole thread are you going high boost? Wouldn't it be worth while putting forged low comp pistols in if not ready for high boost?

Nope low boost otherwise it would still be in pieces awaiting forged shines! I did consider buying some forged parts but i couldn't justify the cost seeing as they aren't needed unless your going high boost which realistically, i never will.

Update! (ish)
Running out of parts to fit to this engine now so progress is going to start to slow down now. I picked up a welder yesterday so payday, i can order some metal and get the charger bracket made up then its just a case of getting the small bits together. Biggest job now is building the engine loom but this will be done in the new year as christmas is going to eat up most of my available money!
So today, cleaned up my 440cc injectors, replaced the seals and micro filters and got them fitted along with my nice purple fuel rail :p

Got that loosely fitted to the engine so i could move some stuff about and work out hose lengths etc. Also got a few more bits painted and fitted so now the engine is ready to go in except for the coils which i haven't quite decided what I'm going to do there. The Omex 600 is semi sequential so i would have to run a wasted spark coil pack which i was going to do but Cully put an idea in my head yesterday to wire the original coils in a wasted spark formation. This would be easier and save some money but i need to look into how well (if at all) it would work.

Ive also made a bit of a chronic f*ck up. Seeing as I'm running the throttle body on the inlet, i haven't allowed anywhere for a ICV Sad. I need to look into the easiest way to deal with this but also if one is even needed! Suggestions welcome.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
you might be able to run jacked open throttle if you ECU and mapper is good enough Wink
Thanks given by:
Possible. Ive spent the afternoon reading the manual and it seems it can be done providing they aren't amplified.
Only thing thats odd is the wiring diagram. There is the 12v, ECU signal and an earth. There is only 2 pins on the coils so am i correct in assuming that the earth is the coils/plugs earthing through the block?

Have a read for me Cully please Heart

Attached Files
.pdf   600 ECU Installation Manual 2v01.pdf (Size: 1.17 MB / Downloads: 4)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
have you bought the omex as you cant run the gti6 Coil-per-plug ignition coils unless the omex is modded

Quote:Coil-per-plug
Coil-per-plug ignition coils can be controlled but only with wasted-spark ignition and will require
amplification and the ECU hardware modified.

i suggest running a XSI coil pack or Ford or Vauxhall

XSI coil pack
pin 1 ign1
pin 2 ign2
pin 3 12v+

do get it checked before commiting i have been known to be wrong
Thanks given by:
Yep Might use a xsi one then. Will be easier. Just means I've got to cut bits off of my cam carriers.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looking good babe
Thanks given by:
Looks really nice! so how is this charger being mounted?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Looks tidy!
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 05:40 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Looks really nice! so how is this charger being mounted?

The charger is going to be mounted to a flat plate on standoffs and then on the back of the plate is going to be 2 bits of metal which will bolt on to the aux bracket where the PAS pump used to be. I was going to maintain the original PAS pump mounting points and bolt it on here for ease but that will leave me with about 5-6cm between the rad and charger making it quite difficult to get a plate on the front of the charger to get the outlet pipe on and also get the air filter on.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Good luck with the belt tensioners when you get there, gave me a right headache!!
Looking good though matey!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 06:19 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Good luck with the belt tensioners when you get there, gave me a right headache!!

Why what was up? Just struggling to get enough tension?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 06:13 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-11-2013, 05:40 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Looks really nice! so how is this charger being mounted?

The charger is going to be mounted to a flat plate on standoffs and then on the back of the plate is going to be 2 bits of metal which will bolt on to the aux bracket where the PAS pump used to be. I was going to maintain the original PAS pump mounting points and bolt it on here for ease but that will leave me with about 5-6cm between the rad and charger making it quite difficult to get a plate on the front of the charger to get the outlet pipe on and also get the air filter on.

Sounds familier lol.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 06:20 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(24-11-2013, 06:13 PM)Niall Wrote:

Sounds familier lol.

What can i say? It seemed to work well enough! Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 02:51 PM)Niall Wrote: I picked up a welder yesterday...

Did you now?

Lucky that....

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Niall iirc the super high boost lynx kits run with a hole in the standard butterfly, might be worth seeing if something similar could be done here.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 06:19 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-11-2013, 06:19 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Good luck with the belt tensioners when you get there, gave me a right headache!!

It was just getting space for the tensioners, idlers, sorting belt routing, etc. And then there was getting the belt tensioned once the engine was in the car, bloody chassis leg was right in the way!! Look forward to seeing what you come up with, may borrow some ideas!! lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Didnt you have all the bits you needed for it to just bolt up dan ^^??
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yea, I had everything from your setup, just trying to keep the stock power steering setup as iirc you used a saxo??? I've still got all the bits so that will have to be done at somepoint (if I can find room in the bay for it!!!)

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Incorrect Chris. Super high boost kits run with a recirculation valve welded into the charger body, and with the throttle body on the end of the manifold where it should be, rather than pre-charger. This means they can use the oem ecu as it doesn't see boost.
Niall why don't you cut a hole on top of the inlet and mount an icv there? Should be straightforward from the install point of view, but I dunno how you'd go about mapping it on the omex, or if you'd even need to?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 09:11 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(24-11-2013, 06:19 PM)Niall Wrote:

It was just getting space for the tensioners, idlers, sorting belt routing, etc. And then there was getting the belt tensioned once the engine was in the car, bloody chassis leg was right in the way!! Look forward to seeing what you come up with, may borrow some ideas!! lol

Belt routing seems to be fairly straight forward so far. It will be identical to the rally setup as far as i can see just with a small charger pulley in place of the PAS pulley. Im sure yours must be different as your charge sits in front of the fuel pump doesn't it? And therefore in a completely different location to mine?
Ive mounted my Saxo PAS pump down on the front cross member in front of the gearbox. Stacks of room there for it but now I'm just hoping there is enough room to get a boost pipe past it lol.
Ed, That was my idea but if i can get away with chopping up the inlet, i would rather tbh. Mapping it on the Omex is straight forward and if i did, i would do away with the pug one and use a different one which doesn't suffer from sticking as with the Omex, i can basically use any ICV i want.
I could just not bother with an ICV at all and control idle when cold with spark scattering but this isn't always successful when its a cold morning.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
im sure you can fit an ICV on that manafold as there is a takeoff point next to the 4 bolt inlet flange
Thanks given by:
Ed, I'm fully aware of how the shb setup is layed out. the recirc valve on the charger is just to relieve pressure build up with the throttle closed same as any dump valve, which could be used if so desired.
Niall has the shb manifold here, and from what I recall they run a hole in the butterfly on the lynx kit as said for airflow at idle doing away with the need for a icv.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 09:58 PM)cully Wrote: im sure you can fit an ICV on that manafold as there is a takeoff point next to the 4 bolt inlet flange

There is. Its for there brake vacuum (why the hell this was designed into this manifold i don't know!). Its an M12 thread so I'm not sure if i will get enough air flow through it on idle. I did consider using that and just remote mounting the ICV.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 10:04 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-11-2013, 09:58 PM)cully Wrote: im sure you can fit an ICV on that manafold as there is a takeoff point next to the 4 bolt inlet flange

There is. Its for there brake vacuum (why the hell this was designed into this manifold i don't know!). Its an M12 thread so I'm not sure if i will get enough air flow through it on idle. I did consider using that and just remote mounting the ICV.

m12 will be plenty go look at the gti6 ICV plastic elbow its well less inside
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,758 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,414 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,632 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese