Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
Didnt know that, makes it even better!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2014, 05:09 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: It had a custom hybrid turbo???

No no, he said big blower.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
De-cat is on Big Grin

No pics as my phone was in the house charging and its raining now.
Thanks given by:
Still waiting on pics of your IC pipes Wink
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 11:20 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Still waiting on pics of your IC pipes Wink

They still aren't finished Smile
Thanks given by:
Get on ittt! Decat made it much better? Whats the rest of the exhaust, straight pipe & center box?
Thanks given by:
The car is still on stands mate where she has been for the past week, I dont drive alot these days so I can take my time fitting stuff between work, rain and darkness. Hoping to have it finished tomorrow if it's dry and I'll let you know how it is.
Thanks given by:
I think a video should be in order chris! Smile
Thanks given by:
FMIC is now fully piped up and running Smile

I'll get some pics up in a couple of days when I'm off work and even write a FMIC fitting guide.

Got a couple of issues to sort, need a new front bumper with fog lights and need to properly tie up my lower boost pipe and pas pipe.
Thanks given by:
Awesome dude, nice one! Now, vids on boost! Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Will do mate but remind me I didn't plumb in my EBC (that is also a digital boost gauge) as it was getting dark. I just put a loop of boost pipe on a y piece over the nipple i drilled into the inlet.
Thanks given by:
Don't forget...you havent plumbed in the EBC yet! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
Which ebc is it bud? Been looking one myself, the list of wants/needs is too damn big for my liking lol
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2014, 08:12 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Which ebc is it bud? Been looking one myself, the list of wants/needs is too damn big for my liking lol

It's an R-Spec one but I'm not really gonna largely control the boost by adjusting the wastegate actuator.
Thanks given by:
With some sort of ball and spring, or electronic controller, the turbo will spool up slower than it can..

Also, adjusting the actuator arm can mess up when the turbo spools, it's facility to hold a steady peak boost etc....
JP
Thanks given by:
Ajusting the actuator arm for more boost shouldnt effect when the turbo spools. I'm really only running it as an expensive digital boost gauge
Thanks given by:
It can do... If you adjust the arm, depending on which way it can adjust the boost or give creep at full boost.

Obviously, adjusting for MORE boost will hold the gate closed for longer... if the spring in the actuator isn't strong enough it won't open far enough and the turbo can potentially gain more and more speed - giving more boost than you want.
JP
Thanks given by:
You got a rear ns sidelight out mate by the way.
Saw it when you left Ace.
Not stalking you Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 07:27 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: You got a rear ns sidelight out mate by the way.
Saw it when you left Ace.
Not stalking you Big Grin

Brake light to that fact too!

I actually am stalking you though ninja
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
You just have to give it a love tap and it works again Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads, repped for that.
Thanks given by:
So in the last month I have done precisely f*ck all with the car and definitely haven't been amassing parts ready for fitting the a bigger capacity engine Smile

Oh I did hit 240k last night on the motorway. Probably 9-12 months till I hit the magic quarter million. Car is definitely f*cked though, over a 400 mile 70mph cruise I only averaged 53mpg.
[attachment=13720]
Thanks given by:
she's getting tired Chris!

Best sort the fresh engine for the Spring fitting?
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 11:19 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Car is definitely f*cked though, over a 400 mile 70mph cruise I only averaged 53mpg.

Surely that's not too bad particularly as it's winter? Or atleast, I've barely bettered that on any 2.0 HDi I've driven long distance - I think the best was my 306 hatch at 55mpg ish driving over to Munich.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
My last estate managed 50mpg sitting at 80mph, this one when I got it was doing 56mpg at 70mph and my 2.1TD has seen over 60mpg as did my first HDi hatch.
Thanks given by:
She has done 240k chris, give the poor girl a break!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Only just worn in, bet it's all fresh as a daisy in there
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Not got the 2.2 in yet? lol
I'll have an estate and XUD'd before you 2.2 it Tongue
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 02:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: She has done 240k chris, give the poor girl a break!
I do, she hardly gets driven these days and certainly not hard as I cant afford for my 160k cam belt to let go as I've spent my money on a cam belt for the new engine, not this one.

(21-02-2014, 03:38 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Only just worn in, bet it's all fresh as a daisy in there
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it still had hone marks on the bores.

(21-02-2014, 06:31 PM)Dean Wrote: Not got the 2.2 in yet? lol
I'll have an estate and XUD'd before you 2.2 it Tongue
You will indeed have an XUD estate before mine has a 2.2 fitted ninja
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,480 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,754 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,127 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum