306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
So I bought this back on the 28th of last month, well, I say "I" bought her but being unable to do anything Poodle bought her on my behalf and looked after her for me till I picked her up yesterday. Shes an '02' plate bianca HDi estate in meridian SE spec. Some history but desperately needs a cam belt change as it was last done at 80k and is now on 232k. Shes not perfect but thats to be expected considering the mileage and I got it for a bargain considering the 02/52 estates tend to command a £500ish premium over other estates. Anyway £500 and shes sitting on my drive now, even had a months tax and about half a tank of fuel.

How she was when I picked her up. I had already fitted my 16" steels and mapped her with the stage 1 off my old estate. Sadly the map is causing the car to cut out at full chat with code p0230 so I'm gonna swap to the lift pump I have in the shed and see if that cures her.

[attachment=8961]
[attachment=8962]
[attachment=8963]

Anyway I started cleaning her today and already have sore fingers and shoulder, think its been semi looked after as the clay wasn't picking up a stupid amount (less than Fooby's car). Managed to t-cut out a few marks too but its too hot to do any more now so I removed the roof rails as they were in a terrible condition. 1 appeared to of been sprayed by Stevie Wonder and the other was battered. I sanded them down and started spraying them but now I'm not sure if want to put them back on.

[attachment=8964]
[attachment=8965]
[attachment=8966]
[attachment=8967]

I've also been doing a terrible job of painting some bits for the engine bay.

[attachment=8968]
[attachment=8969]

Longer term plans are keep it till at least 250k and make it very fast. Within the next few days I hope to manage to fit my 302mm brakes and 60mm lowering kit as I've been out an measured today and although the back looks awesome with the arches just at the top of the tyres the front is about 60mm higher. In the medium term I'm gonna have to rebuild the beam or get a new one as it's cambered and sort out the bodywork.
So fitted my white bits to the bay this morning, really liking it TBH.
[attachment=8993]

Then went and took a few pics quickly. Decided that the roof rails are definitely staying off for now. Never liked it on other peoples cars but its grown on me now.
[attachment=8994]
[attachment=8995]

And now I have a sig. (till it gets lowered and a few bits turn up in the post and it looks different)
[attachment=8992]
Looked good Saturday mate, didn't realise that was the mileage!

Here's one from the weekend:

[Image: 9345464882_1855af1ea9.jpg]
36 by TBK Shinobi, on Flickr
So today's mod is wind deflectors. Genuine Team Heko ones at that. I hate fitting them, its that impossible bend in the top section you have to make to get it in that makes me wince every time.

[attachment=9047]
[attachment=9048]
[attachment=9049]
Anyway got it lowered (the front has gone about -80mm) and my 302mm brakes fitted. Also de badged her. Had to remove the arch liners and get busy with the hammers to get full lock both ways without rubbing.

[attachment=9116]
[attachment=9117]
[attachment=9119]
Well after a 10 hour round trip to Wigan (should only of been 6 f*cking traffic) I now have a hydraulic BE4 gearbox to go with the helix cable clutch I have from Sean.

Some peoples photos of my car at the weekend.
[Image: IMG_5140_zpsea7b32d1.jpg]
[Image: LQSWwE0.jpg]
[Image: null_zpsad0bd41d.jpg]

Still cant quite believe how low my car is, looks so epic
BE4 hydraulic box eh.. is that a 6 speed one?
(29-07-2013, 03:42 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]BE4 hydraulic box eh.. is that a 6 speed one?
Nope, 5 speed.
So the BE4 is here ninja

[attachment=9281]
Whats so much better on that box than the stock HDi one then?
(31-07-2013, 12:33 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Whats so much better on that box than the stock HDi one then?

If you thought about it you'd work it out. Taken me almost 3 years to get hold of this.
Better selection of ratios from other boxes?
Nope the ratios aren't specific to this box.
hdi 'eco' box then i'm guessing
^^^^in the bag!

get it on mate and tell us all about it!
(31-07-2013, 01:15 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]hdi 'eco' box then i'm guessing
Correct, told you it was pretty obvious if you thought about it.

(31-07-2013, 01:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]^^^^in the bag!

get it on mate and tell us all about it!
Its not going on this engine, shes too high mileage, its gonna be ready for when this engine snaps her belt and the new one goes in.

Also I cant bolt it on, the release bearing is all wrong and you cant retrofit the 306 system. I'm waiting for Puglove to give me his dead box so I can see if my thoughts are right and the BE3 bell housing will bolt up to the BE4 box.
Here's one from the weekend that I had a play around with:

[Image: 9409988704_3154aab43e.jpg]
Dum-Dum by Curtis Footman, on Flickr

Smile
Well I now have a GTi6 beam (to replace my cambered standard one) and a GTi6 box.

Considering buying the engine this month
I need to beat myself with a hammer, looks like its beans on toast till I get paid again as I've just put down a deposit on an engine Smile Got a blinding price mind and a load of ancillaries to sell off to hopefully make my money back. Just need a FMIC and a couple of bits of pipe and I'll be grinning like a lunatic.

I've now got a huge project of make and modify sadly for the engine, the turbo and the box
Intrigued to see where your going with this.. A 16v HDi motor is going to be my guess
(20-08-2013, 03:07 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Intrigued to see where your going with this.. A 16v HDi motor is going to be my guess
You know me too well Smile
So decided that I could finally be bothered to fix the cutting out issue.

Decided I'd try cleaning the FPR first then found that all of my TX30 bits are missing so decided to swap the lift pump as I had a lower mileage spare (180k compered to the current 230k) and low and behold it has cured the cutting out.

Then decided I'd better change the fuel filter to get rid of any filings and there wasn't alot in there although there was a couple of large chunks of brass. Anyway the old filter was nearly black so obviously hasn't been changed in a long long time. Hopefully this will help cure my less than brilliant fuel economy.

[attachment=9799]
Large chunks of brass? Flol that pump's gonna be soooo f*cked when you take it apart. (You are going to take it apart, right...?) Changing the filter should have made a world of difference too. I should have taken a photo of what came out of the 205 one - half an inch of grey sludge in the bottom of the canister, similar amount of water too, was pretty worrying tbh lol. :S
(21-08-2013, 07:20 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Large chunks of brass? Flol that pump's gonna be soooo f*cked when you take it apart. (You are going to take it apart, right...?) Changing the filter should have made a world of difference too. I should have taken a photo of what came out of the 205 one - half an inch of grey sludge in the bottom of the canister, similar amount of water too, was pretty worrying tbh lol. :S

Yeah I will take it apart at some point as I want to rebuild it with a higher flow pump.

The filter did make the world of difference, it started cutting out again, possibly even worse than before but I don't see how thats possible as if its not so restricted then it shouldn't have to pump as hard to flow the fuel so maybe I've somehow f*cked up fitting but I don't see how as I cant see a leak.
So some pics of her at the height I want. I cant wait to get my beam on, that is gonna be my next job as soon as I've fixed the cutting out.

[attachment=9869]
[attachment=9870]
[attachment=9871]

And the reason for the nice low height.

[attachment=9872]

Yep, 2.2 HDi 16v complete with turbo, starter, fuel system and all the other ancillaries for £200. I need to get some bits sold off it to fund the rest of the conversion but I reckon I could almost make my money back.
Found the engine weights for complete engines

DW10TD (1997cc 8v diesel) = 150kg
XU10J4RS (1998cc 16v iron block injection) = 143kg
DW12TED4 (2179cc 16v diesel) = 182kg

I knew the 2.2 was heavy trying to get it into the car but didn't realise it was that much heavier. No wonder I snapped my engine trolley and my arms are aching now. 35kg is a fair extra weight. Good thing like piggys project its gonna be GT spec so weight is largely irrelevant.
Soooooo, finally bothered to clean the FPR and there was a few bits in the gauze in the end although nothing serious. Put it back together and went for a blast and couldnt get it to cut out even with 7+ seconds continuous at 98/99% load

Brilliant I thought, problem solved went home.

An hour or 2 later popped out to go to Tesco, and as soon as i got anywhere near full throttle it was cutting out again.

I really don't get how it goes from being fixed one minute to being stupid again an hour after fixing it.

I have a funny feeling its to do with temperature as both times I've thought its fixed I've probably not driven long enough to have it properly and certainly not long enough to have all the fuel hot so its possibly something to do with that. Gonna boost it on the way to work tomorrow and see what happens.
So had a look at mounting the turbo up today and I'm gonna need to make an adapter plate sadly. That said it looks kinda cool on the manifold.
So, been getting round to fitting some of the parts in my garage to the car finally

Dash went from this

[attachment=10214]

To this. It now has a GTi6 steering wheel, GTi6 brushed silver dash trim and my Sony stereo as the OEM one had stopped reading CDs properly. Already miss the stereo remote so will probably get the kit to convert it.

[attachment=10215]
So Hoovered the interior today while finally getting round to swapping the front seats (I've had them off piggy for what must be over a month now). Also took out the center console to hoover under it as the car has obviously had a window broken at some point. Anyway because of this today has seen me £3.24 richer

Before
[attachment=10236]

After
[attachment=10237]

Anyway the bit your interested in, Things to do to fit 2.2:
Clock turbo
Convert to a boost actuator
Make plate to fit manifold
Fit EGR blanking plates
Get V band down pipe welded up
Buy oil line (OEM one will fit)
Remove swirl flaps