The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap
radweld with our coolant system? your brave
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 04:46 PM)Kwik Wrote: radweld with our coolant system? your brave

K seal actually, shouldnt clog as badly as RW
Thanks given by:
He's already bunged if full of radweld lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
TBH most of the rad weld had escaped with the rest of the coolant.
Thanks given by:
lol fail
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
tbh as long as it doesnt go bang before he scraps it, it will be fine. So about 4 miles
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 05:34 PM)Niall Wrote: tbh as long as it doesnt go bang before he scraps it, it will be fine. So about 4 miles

Good evening Mr. Optimistic
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 05:37 PM)vlj Wrote: Good evening Mr. Optimistic

Says you whos owned as many cars as me in the last 12 months
Thanks given by:
how straight forward are these to drop in the 306?
Thanks given by:
very straightforward.

1. Open boot (easier if you have an estate)
2. Get help from some mates
3. Lift up the engine between you
4. Place the engine in the boot.
5. Close boot and drive off!

Thanks given by:
PITA till you get a hammer and angle grinder out.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 09:14 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: very straightforward.

1. Open boot (easier if you have an estate)
2. Get help from some mates
3. Lift up the engine between you
4. Place the engine in the boot.
5. Close boot and drive off!

very good answer jonny, have a wine gum.
(06-12-2012, 09:15 PM)KrisB Wrote: PITA till you get a hammer and angle grinder out.

what have you got to do to get the 2.1 to fit?
Thanks given by:
search on this forum and find out!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 09:34 PM)procta Wrote: what have you got to do to get the 2.1 to fit?

Theres a thread stickied in the XUD section mate. Essentially it drops straight in.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 10:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 09:34 PM)procta Wrote: what have you got to do to get the 2.1 to fit?

Theres a thread stickied in the XUD section mate. Essentially it drops straight in.

i thought it was a f*ck on to fit, hence why no one really went 2.1
Thanks given by:
No really did it as most believe the 1.9 is better.

In terms of getting spares.

Would of been interesting to get a standard 1.9 and your car dumdum, test them side by side first. Then mid them side by side. Exactly the same on both cars and just see if the gains are better on the 1.9 or 2.1.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 11:38 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: No really did it as most believe the 1.9 is better.

Would of been interesting to get a standard 1.9 and your car dumdum, test them side by side first. Then mid them side by side. Exactly the same on both cars and just see if the gains are better on the 1.9 or 2.1.

cheers for that pompey, iam not cluded up on pug engine convertions.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 10:40 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: search on this forum and find out!

Kettle calling Pot :p

ninja
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 11:34 PM)procta Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 10:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

i thought it was a f*ck on to fit, hence why no one really went 2.1
Nah, certainly no more work than fitting a XUD9 with a big turbo.

(08-12-2012, 11:38 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: No really did it as most believe the 1.9 is better.

No point doing the same mods side by side as theyer different engines and will respond differently to different mods. the 1.9 likes to rev whereas the 2.1 wont so much and along with the beefier rods the 2.1 might be able to take some serious low down abuse so maybe a 12mm pump and some crazy VNT or compund boost would suit it better than the 1.9 that loves a TD04 and 11mm

(08-12-2012, 11:46 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 10:40 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: search on this forum and find out!

Kettle calling Pot :p

ninja

PMSL
Thanks given by:
No point doing the same mods side by side as theyer different engines and will respond differently to different mods. the 1.9 likes to rev whereas the 2.1 wont so much and along with the beefier rods the 2.1 might be able to take some serious low down abuse so maybe a 12mm pump and some crazy VNT or compund boost would suit it better than the 1.9 that loves a TD04 and 11mm

Now that I would love to see
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Not wanting to be a cat amongst pigeons here, but is this not still on a T2?

If so I find the claimed bhp figures to be highly unlikely, regardless of engine size with the kind of flow needed to feed the 2.1 from a T2 it'll be highly inefficient and just making one hell of a lot of heat.

Torque counts for a lot when it comes to bum dynos. And this is no doubt torquey as f*ck. But I have my doubts over the headline bhp figures people are banding about. Remember the XUD9 usually makes decent power by gov modding it and raising the revs and fuel. A lazier engine, with no increase in revs, I can't see doing anything more than having massive amounts of torque across the rev range...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah chris, it's on an "unspecified" garrett. Looks to be getting towards TD04 kinda size, I'm sure Chris will be along soon to confirm this, or to tell me I'm wrong lol

Thanks given by:
I have a t2 on mine and modded 11mm...so will soon find out!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
T2 even on an 11mm will run 150bhp ish tops, and that's running it at silly boost...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 04:26 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Not wanting to be a cat amongst pigeons here, but is this not still on a T2?

If so I find the claimed bhp figures to be highly unlikely, regardless of engine size with the kind of flow needed to feed the 2.1 from a T2 it'll be highly inefficient and just making one hell of a lot of heat.

Torque counts for a lot when it comes to bum dynos. And this is no doubt torquey as f*ck. But I have my doubts over the headline bhp figures people are banding about. Remember the XUD9 usually makes decent power by gov modding it and raising the revs and fuel. A lazier engine, with no increase in revs, I can't see doing anything more than having massive amounts of torque across the rev range...

Its not a T2 its larger. Dont know what it is, its got a hand written serial number on a turbo maker plaque like you get on a hybrid turbo. Also it feels like its limited by fueling rather than boost as its only hitting 19psi (if my gauge is right) but its holding that almost right up the rev range.

The fact its blowing clean on a maxed standard Bosch suggests 150bhp although as I've said before I dont think its quite clipping 150bhp for the same reason as you but everyone else whos been it and driven it does.

The torque and constant power are epic and as Ive said before Im not building this for a headline power figure.
Thanks given by:
Interesteinggggggg are these 2.1 heads able to flow as much as a 1.9? just curious and IMO if you say this 9mm is maxed then get on an 11mm like im building over xmas period as ive not maxed the 9mm and TD04 yet because I havent got spare block ready yet lol

Can you get this dyno'd soon please! i need mine on RR again as fanimold is help tight with 5 bolts as opposed to 3 on dyno last time and for quite impressive figuires cosidering the smokey engine bay haha

oh and my lda pin had a lovely deep groove stopping that from working too

i may even have to make a very long journey to come and see you soon too bud i wanna see this Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 02:40 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Interesteinggggggg are these 2.1 heads able to flow as much as a 1.9? just curious and IMO if you say this 9mm is maxed then get on an 11mm like im building over xmas period as ive not maxed the 9mm and TD04 yet because I havent got spare block ready yet lol

Can you get this dyno'd soon please! i need mine on RR again as fanimold is help tight with 5 bolts as opposed to 3 on dyno last time and for quite impressive figuires cosidering the smokey engine bay haha

oh and my lda pin had a lovely deep groove stopping that from working too

i may even have to make a very long journey to come and see you soon too bud i wanna see this Smile

I dont think the heads are able to flow alot more, the inlet side yes but the exhaust side is about the same size.

You might well find that your not far off maxing your 9mm. Are you blowing clean on boost?

I really need to build myself a pump but its finding the time/inclination and money. Also really should sort wheels suspension and brakes first to make proper use of the power that I have before adding more.

Im not getting it dynoed for a while as im pretty confident in the ball park figure its putting out and I know exactly how fast she is. This project Isnt about a power figure really. I might do it if i find myself with some spare money in January.

Your LDA pin is your own fault for not hardening it.

And yes feel feel free to come to a meet this way some time to have a look if you wanna see it before PPCITP.
Thanks given by:
So erm, I think i has clutch slip, just a tiny bit in 4th gear B)

Also Trent / Silver ZX asked how much it cost.
Im not gonna lie, it hurts to add up but
£300 engine
£50 HDi box
£100 new Clutch
£150 Other new parts and consumables
£200 FMIC and silicones
£300 2 days of Kris labour

Ouch

If i had got the engine as cheap as some people here (sub £100) and a crane I could of done it myself for about half the money but such is life.
Thanks given by:
I guess the only question that really matters.. is it worth it in the end though?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ps that's my point.
They are different engines so will react differently to the same tuning.

It will allow people to see how the differ in the real time rather than everyone making claims based on their own opinions. If you did it correctly with dyno's and side by side road tests you could see for sure which one responses better to what.

My old t2 and part modded Bosch could easily keep up with fooby's 6 two years at Coventry, even with a massive weight disadvantage and only running 25psi.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 306 project PH2 Sedan XLDT! DougalDT 31 5,384 24-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: DougalDT
  Bianca Sedan was Dragoon DTurbo Lolben91 55 12,320 24-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Orta
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,733 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum