Phase 1 GTI interior
Blue carpet
6 brake set up with braided lines
Lowered on some cheap coilovers about 50mm or so
Polybushes front wishbones
Straight through exhaust
Boost, EGT, oil pressure and temp gauges
Some other stuff i cant think off the top of my head

Nothing done to the engine as its a DHY and with everything iv read i just dont trust it, so ill build another engine and boost the life out of that with a TD04

Thought id get a project thread going on here and meet you all!
Went to pugfest this year with .net and met maybe a couple of you. Loved Zak's 2.1 sedan which i had to ask him to open his hood at the services Big Grin

Read a lot of the project threads on here and wow, some awesome stuff!
Thanks given by:
DHY is a myth! Engines are cheap if it goes bang drop another in! My old dhy engine did 40k at 30psi of boost on a t25 that had to be top end rev range and it never went bang
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Not completely a myth. My understanding was "some" DHY engines were fitted with n/a rods but not all? Look of the draw? Then again I've had a DHY throw one at 140k and a DHW throw one at 46k so f*ck knows
Thanks given by:
Percentages is where it's all at most 306s had dhy blocks than d8a so more dhy engines would seem to fail than d8a just because there's more of them. just luck of the draw more than anything start pushing past stock levels and there's always that risk. Heck even dhx with there suposidily ceramic coated bits kill themselves

Thanks given by:
I agree its a myth, but it has to have come from somewhere right? Id feel much more confident if i either hadnt read those posts or when i stick some HDI rods into a 1.9 block anyway Tongue
Thanks given by:
So another lol member has joined...

This forum aint big enough for the both of us

Very nice btw, just need's ph3'ing and its set
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 11:43 PM)Lolben91 Wrote: I agree its a myth, but it has to have come from somewhere right? Id feel much more confident if i either hadnt read those posts or when i stick some HDI rods into a 1.9 block anyway Tongue

Even hdi rods aren't safe
Thanks given by:
Just crack on with the tuneing you'll soon wonder why you hadn't! If you decide to go down the tdo4 route I've been doing the oil feeds for them. I've now stopped and there's only a couple left so be quick if your interested

Thanks given by:
Should also mention its on a lucas...
Id love to crack up the tune but if it did go bang id be pretty stuffed, going to or coming home from work id be livid. So id rather do an engine up to the point id at least feel confident i could put my foot down without the constant "its gonna go bang" ringing in the back of my head! And if the done up engine did go bang, well at least iv got the first engine gathering dust in the garage!

And yeah i know HDI rods arnt fail proof, but they look a bit beefier Tongue

Plans are TD04 (waiting to be delivered), hdi box, rods (waiting to be delivered), massive intercooler for the lols (waiting to be delivered) non egr xantia inlet (got), go mental with the bosch pump mods iv read about, iv still got a few more bits to get, inc another engine! Not like id be on boost all the time anyway, i drive very eco and its very uncommon for me to go past 3 psi on a normal drive

The cars a phase 2.5? boot lid hasnt got a black strip but has got the rubber. Have a phase 3 front bumper in the garden in diablo, so i either need to find a phase 3 dragoon getting broken, in which case ill have the skirts, boot lid and both bumpers or get some parts painted up. Most likely end up getting the parts painted as astor seems more common than dragoon in the last gens of 306 Sad

Thanks for your input guys! Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Colour looks familiar Wink My old car was Dragoon and for a long time I was the only one about with one.

Mine was a 98 and seemed to be a parts bin special as like yours it didn't have the strip on the boot. You'll be lucky to find a ph3 dragoon being broken as there aren't many in existence in this colour, let alone in ph3. Think I've seen maybe 2 in ph3 and most Dragoon's I see when out are in a state.
Thanks given by:
Iv seen your breaking thread, almost like twins Wink

Yeah iv been looking for phase 3 parts for almost a year now since i got the car, i can only find phase 2 parts. Often find breakers on Ebay who post a paint code, colour looks very similar so i google the code (that very few actually put up) and it often turns out to be admiral or china Sad

After having a phase 2 pov spec diablo that i scored phase 3 bumpers for i totally fell in love with that look once i got the crystal fronts on!
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 04:35 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Welcome. Colour looks familiar Wink My old car was Dragoon and for a long time I was the only one about with one.

The 1st person i thought of when i seen this Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 06:41 PM)Lolben91 Wrote: Iv seen your breaking thread, almost like twins Wink

Yeah iv been looking for phase 3 parts for almost a year now since i got the car, i can only find phase 2 parts. Often find breakers on Ebay who post a paint code, colour looks very similar so i google the code (that very few actually put up) and it often turns out to be admiral or china Sad

After having a phase 2 pov spec diablo that i scored phase 3 bumpers for i totally fell in love with that look once i got the crystal fronts on!

Your looks to be in a bit better condition than mine was though. Could never get mine quite that shiny.

(29-08-2013, 07:37 PM)puglove Wrote:
(29-08-2013, 04:35 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Welcome. Colour looks familiar Wink My old car was Dragoon and for a long time I was the only one about with one.

The 1st person i thought of when i seen this Big Grin

Big Grin It's nice to know that it's still remembered.
Thanks given by:
There's dents all down the sides as you'd expect for its age, stone chips the front all that good stuff, just a decent picture iv put up because I thought the one your breaking looked very smart!
Thanks given by:
Are you the guy that had the carpet off me?
Thanks given by:
Sure am mate Smile
Thanks given by:
got hdi rods packaged ready to go if you interested!!

get that pump wound up pal!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Iv had the rods out of Toms306's HDI hes just broke, but cheers mate!

Jenkosowls id be very interested in an oil line but im planning on relocating the turbo to where the battery is as i dont like the idea of sledge hammer to firewall, also it just looks awesome!
If who ever made those lines could do one that would stretch a length like that i would be very interested mate Smile

The cooler turned up today, its soo tempting to get it on the car, but theres no way i can justify giving my insurance company more money to declare it Sad
Also in saying that, turning the pump and turbo up id also have to declare, money money money!

300 x 600 mm Big Grin
[Image: 1170855_10153135888155062_1874438130_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks like similar size to mine
Thanks given by:
Only problem I'v heard with people and the tdo4 is the actuator and most just get rid off that thinks its more down to how worn the lower engine mount is. I used to supply custom lines to but prices varied widely and I lost out on a few do ended up just stopping all together!

Thanks given by:
I think it is the same size as your's Frosty

Iv not read about the actuator and the lower mount? I guess the lower mount gets boned pretty quick? I was looking at group N engine mounts but i cant find any thing on people using them with diesel engines, iv only read about the powerflex black series lower mount on a DT and it rattled the car half to bits!
Id try a manual boost controller before i just lop off the actuator anyway, unless theres some kind of problem with the actuator im not aware of?

Well the way i see it mate, as long as its worth someones while doing and i dont get my trousers pulled down then its all good. I wouldnt want to work for a loss and i wouldnt want someone to work/supply me at a loss. Ill have to message you around the time i come to actually getting this engine together though, its still quite a way off before i actually start building, unless i can find a block for cheap Tongue
Thanks given by:
The actuator is the problem when mounting the tdo4 where it naturally sits it wants to hit the bulkhead. I'v fitted a few tdo4 and there is some room there for it. But this is where the lower engine mount comes to play. If its knackered the engine naturally leans back pushing the turbo closer to the bulkhead. I had a T25 on mine and its physically bigger and never caught. Also you need the actuator to make the mbc work

As for engine mounts I had a solid engine mount. Was ok till the gearbox bolts came lose and spun the box! Killing the clutch. I did fix the problem by thread locking the bolts but a week later the bridge clutch went so removed and never but back thread lock on the bolts killed it within a week lol!

Thanks given by:
Yeah iv read about problems with certain turbos hitting the bulk head, i want to put the turbo where the battery is about, im either going to have to make a custom branch mani or make some kind of pipe to bolt to the standard exhaust mani leading to where i want the turbo mounted. Its just about making sure it flows good else its going to be rather rubbish.

I know some bin the actuator and weld the wastegate, i dont want to do that though.
So a solid lower mount was fine? Wonder why this lads powerflex black one sent his car mad then. Guess group N mounts will do me fine then Tongue
Thanks given by:
So not done much to the car as of late, got some DTM mirrors which iv painted and put on the car, though the paint isnt a very good match. Lead me to putting some standard looking tweeters where the manual mirrors adjusters were, cant believe how much difference they have made to the audio! The mirrors will take some getting used to, they are soo much smaller than the standard ones.
Also got some black masks, which really need adjusting as they just light up the floor...

But heres how she sits for now. Aero wipers will probably be the last thing i do to the car this year, should be starting a new job soonish so this space will be a bit more active Big Grin

[Image: 1269738_10153278762925062_2137348112_o.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dont the twin optic ph3 lights have auto adjusters on them? I suspect thats why they are on the floor!

just lower the rear beam...that'll sort it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looking shiny, why not chuck the tdo4 on now and run low boost for a bit?

Might just be the zx, but can fit td04 with actuator no problem - and if there isn't, just get happy with the lump hammer.

I'm running a genuine peugeot bottom mount turned 90 degrees + baker bm top and gearbox mounts - pretty solid and the cabin isn't being vibrated to bits.
Thanks given by:
Didnt have any issues with the crystals i took off before, but now the drivers side looks almost directly at the floor, the passenger side isnt much better, Will check the bulbs again when it stops raining

I would like to stick it all together now, but i just dont have the money and with tax being due the end of November and insurance right after christmas, plus i dont want to have to declare what would probably be considered the biggest mod on the car and have to put a few hundred into a policy that iv got about 2 months left on. Bad timing really, got most of the stuff to do it, just not the funds really Sad

Iv got my eye on this: http://www.peugeot-tuning-parts.co.uk/30...t-kit.html
If im replacing the engine might aswell replace the mounts and these seem to be good?

I cant really lower the beam anymore, if i do i wont be able to get along the road the missus lives on Tongue

[Image: 1382317_10153266718075062_1979225974_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Always had a thing for Dragoons!

Looks good keep up the project Smile
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I like that bud.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
There's manual adjusters on the back of the light clusters, easy enough to fix. Can tell if the bulbs are in wrong because there's just no pattern to the beam, there should be a horizontal line with a flick up on the nearside.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca phase 1 Dturbo Curt 76 24,065 15-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: partybish
  Bianca white ph2 sedan. might be for sale soon... Jamieh2013 52 9,329 09-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,212 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum