205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11
Interesting day today;

Spent the day early with Max aiming to - 1) change the rear beam, 2)sort the non-working brake lights and 3) replace the leaky rad

1) went to the scrap yard and got hold of a rear beam which according to the dash had only done 55k; happy days! So got that up on a stand and got this, also got the rad off this car (gti spec rad)...slight mayo as it drained, so flushed it all out.

2) got back and checked the working order of the switch behind the pedal; that worked, checked the connection at the back, that worked, put it all back together and it voila! it worked /standardfrench

3) drained the old rad, fitted the new one to find there was another leak and pretty ruined metal pipe... gah!
So a bit of bodging later we were set!

[Image: IMG_2499_zps3edfdbdb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2500_zpsd7f47cd5.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2502_zps910840d1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2501_zpsfbb6fe74.jpg]

As for the rear beam, we started taking apart nipples (giggedy), lines and hoses to see what would move freely and what was stubborn and find the easiest parts to use etc. Bad news; all the lines were just cheesing and grinding themselves OR spinning the line also. FML.
One nipple snapped in the cylinder and gah, just a f*cking nightmare. So, going to order new cylinders the drums, speak to KrisB and see if he's able to knock some lines up have another crack at it next week..

On the plus side, had a tweek with the fueling and got some interesting results; 'nice' power and epic coaling.

[Image: IMG_2505_zps02098962.jpg]

And a video from today

http://s1071.beta.photobucket.com/user/g...5.mp4.html

Removed the hub caps as they were annoying me and i think i'll keep this as a sleeper throughout it's build... keeping the steelies, perhaps in a simple and budget black.

[Image: IMG_2512_zps5b44219a.jpg]

Future plan is to get an entire GTI suspension and subframe setup to get rid of the shot TRE and f*cked front bearing, and introduce a T2 we have ready to bolt on (just need to find an oil feed)
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
looking good mate, i love 205's Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Take not in that last picture Stephen, checking bolts are tight, something you seem to forget to do...Dodgy
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Max and myself managed to get the rear beam changed; quite a long day, seeing as we had the wrong cylinders for the drums, so another trip to Krisb to get them swapped (legend as he is..) with some interesting results on the old beam - f*cked is an understatement.

But all is well, all went without too many hickups which is nice

Old beam out in about 30minutes, massive difference with 2 people working on it

[Image: vSTiu.jpg]

Issue 1 - seized dampers

[Image: g2F4A.jpg]

Issue 2 - servicebox calls it a "PLUG TOWBALL" ? The rubber between the trailing arm and the bearing i believe?

Anyway, Good beam:
[Image: Pgu96.jpg]

f*cked beam
[Image: u00U9.jpg]

Issue 3 - f*cked mounts
[Image: hwPPV.jpg]

And finally the replacement beam going on
[Image: dXBol.jpg]

Overall, bearing whine has gone what i initially thought was the front (bonus) and handles, sits adn generally feels much safer. Pumped up the originial cambered and rubbing tyre as it was at 3psi Doh

Oh and finally, a sticker i found on my car from Max - troll gotta be trolling..

[Image: dY1Gg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Should of bought mine TongueP

Loving it though. 205s are awesome
Thanks given by:
The damper were'nt seized it was the beam!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
So max is the sticker troll!!!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2012, 05:13 PM)Niall Wrote: So max is the sticker troll!!!!

ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
i had one of these beasts as my first car, definitely would have been boosted if i still had it. tidy example you have there! not many around now
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 12:18 PM)mr_fish Wrote: i had one of these beasts as my first car, definitely would have been boosted if i still had it. tidy example you have there! not many around now

Yeah, it's a little beaut! I drove it yesterday as Ginge drove my gti.... It was sooo much fun! COALLL! The lack of power steering was a nause though when it came to parking.
Thanks given by:
205s are great to work on, so simple. What beam did you fit just a normal base model one?
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 02:47 PM)DaveW Wrote: 205s are great to work on, so simple. What beam did you fit just a normal base model one?

yeh it was literally anything i could get my hands on - come off another diesel i believe... just a newer phase.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 04:40 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 02:47 PM)DaveW Wrote: 205s are great to work on, so simple. What beam did you fit just a normal base model one?

yeh it was literally anything i could get my hands on -EDIT came of a auto 54k petrol.

EDIT for you Stephanie.

(08-11-2012, 04:40 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

yeh it was literally anything i could get my hands on -EDIT came of a auto 54k petrol, the one Max got his amazing bonnet from.

EDIT for you Stephanie.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Love this little beast Smile some great progress im looking for one TBH as got my engine from my blaze in garage to drop in one and a TD04 knockin about Smile

Want to go euro as my mate tagged me on fb in this and always loved it and want to build on exactly like this

[Image: Screenshot_2012-11-20-14-25-37-1.png]

keeping my eye on this Smile

but with steerin wheel on correct side
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Flol at max correcting Tongue not bad work, still shame it's a fail door
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
im going for the complete opposite; sleeper look... probably some old steelies on, lowered with GTI front setup and 1.9dt setup

people won't know what hit em' lol
Thanks given by:
Id love a sleeper too but like to be noticed lol will be funny as fcuk when you pulling away from someone haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Love the project!

Someone buy mine!!! http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5030.html

Sorry for advertising in your thread its not that I want/need the money just want to save it from being scrapped!
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 03:25 PM)stephenraymond606 Wrote: Love the project!

Someone buy mine!!! http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5030.html

Sorry for advertising in your thread its not that I want/need the money just want to save it from being scrapped!

Would it get from shropshire to bucks bud?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Maybe if you topped up the water every two miles yeah :p
Thanks given by:
Hhhmm maybe not what Iam after then
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So Max and I fitted a turbo on your 205 today...

We started off with a twin turbo

But it was too much power
So we opted for the one turbo

Then fitted a boost gauge

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Leaves mine standing Sad
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Hahahahaha!!! This is amazing!
Thanks given by:
Small update; got my front 'driving lights' sorted out the other day, an absoloute PITA; the car had a cracked bumper and had been replaced by a garage by the previous owner, whoever wired this up made an absoloute hash job, so we had to make an entire new, seperate loom and swtich for them... all in all, happy with them now.

[Image: 309266_10152285275380632_437497926_n.jpg]

The plan now for this; got hold of a XUD9 DHY block from a local dealership i used to live near, this needs a nw mechanical bosch fitted, so i'll do the cambelt at the same time. Going to run whatever turbo is on there to start and then (with strictlyderv) get working on a VNT setup. Keeping this fairly on the hush, but we've got about 2 or 3 ideas between us on manually controlling this.. but yeh... hopefullly we should both have something up and running soon Smile
Thanks given by:
Little bit of work done this week, after a fair bit of research, needed to find a way of stiffening the front end up, without changing driveshafts and so, the 1.9 setup proves too wide, but the 1.6 proved to be a perfect fit.

So, obtained springs and lowering springs (not on), struts, hubs, subframe, wishbones, ARB, and droplinks and fitted it all in £50.

Also ordered soem droplinks, arrived, but somehow they were different... absoloute f*ck up by the seller. Worked with max (strictly_derv) all day and had it all done within 4 hours.

Only picture i got from the day;

[Image: fRFtn.jpg?1]
Thanks given by:
NAAAD

[Image: ebu2epyq.jpg]

FFS.
I'm a bloody retard -_-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Driving with fogs on for no reason.....faggot!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 08:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Driving with fogs on for no reason.....faggot!

Please click this link to be enlightened

Popcorn

Also i think you'll find if you look into the statistics, less people crash with their lights on, as they are more visibe to other road users. lallalaalalalalala....

Popcorn
Thanks given by:
Still not really supposed to drive with driving lights on on general roads. They still cause glare. Thats why quite often they are wired with the high beams. Great for country roads and blinding your typical bmw driver with broken shitty HIDs
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,013 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,098 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,114 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb