205 GLD Sleeper :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 GLD Sleeper :)
So thought i would get a new project thread up on this forgetting the the crap that happened in the past with it.

So will let the pictures do the talking Wink

Cleaning/polishing
[Image: DSC_0268_zpsjvjvsa4j.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0269_zpsflm1j9rp.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0274_zpsx3cty2ol.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0275_zpsphdxvcoj.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0271_zpsmfc6rcni.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0273_zps2gn7b76h.jpg]

New engine stripping down
[Image: DSC_0336_zpshit6g9wh.jpg]

ARP Headstuds
[Image: DSC_0339_zpshtunncit.jpg]

Rust removal
[Image: DSC_0340_zpsc9omnzwv.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0341_zpsquv52mew.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0342_zpsvpu6y5f6.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0344_zpshvcegi6i.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0355_zpsvpi6p9ju.jpg]

Gt20 mocking up
[Image: DSC_0360_zpstqufd6wd.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0372_zpsrakvnng2.jpg]

Rebuild 11mm from jenks Big Grin
[Image: DSC_0366_zpsqripiys5.jpg]

FMIC mounting (will be painted matt black)
[Image: DSC_0369_zpsmgx1rsr1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0370_zpskywkknfe.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0371_zpsuvirxsyi.jpg]

HDI conrods next to standard dturbo ones can you tell the difference? cos i carnt lol
[Image: DSC_0371_zpsuvirxsyi.jpg]

So that's all for now engine has hdi rods in just waiting for my torque wrench to arrive then i can make sure they torqued up right put oil pump on and sump on and i can put other stuff on like pipes etc.

Waiting on valve spring compressor so i can strip the head get it sent off skimmed and tested then can get that on Smile

So slowly getting there wont be getting done for my dead line end of feb, looking at end of april maybe but as long as its done for pugfest im happy

Comments welcome (only nice ones no bitching Wink lol )

Thanks given by:
Woah, you have been cracking on! Good lad! You won't be disappointed with the 20, can't imagine how well it'll go in a 205. Be prepared for torque steer lol.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
paint looks mint now. good effort!
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good Chris, once you get it going you will love it, there is no better feeling than tanking along and lighting up 3rd gear, makes you look like a boss Wink Be interesting to compare my revver to your newer mid range thing! I think a few hill runs will be in order? Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tom you have no chance on a hill run Wink
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 10:13 AM)Anton Wrote: Woah, you have been cracking on! Good lad! You won't be disappointed with the 20, can't imagine how well it'll go in a 205. Be prepared for torque steer lol.

Yer been trying to get it done for my deadline end of feb but realizing that isnt realistic now, so setting it for when insurance runs out now, i hope i like it bit worried i wont like the instant boost but will see how i get on, if i dont like it getting a gt2252s as a back up anyway Wink

(23-01-2014, 10:16 AM)Craigus Wrote: paint looks mint now. good effort!

Thanks Big Grin

(23-01-2014, 10:17 AM)Tom Wrote: Looks good Chris, once you get it going you will love it, there is no better feeling than tanking along and lighting up 3rd gear, makes you look like a boss Wink Be interesting to compare my revver to your newer mid range thing! I think a few hill runs will be in order? Wink

Thats what im hoping to take it up the hill just worried if i crash it will be mega depressed and gotta get home to lol so will decided closer to time.

Thanks given by:
6k xud for the win! Will make sure i have aa cover to take me home on that day lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Paint looks mint on it now

Should be a great little car when finished Smile
Thanks given by:
Cant see a pic of hdi rods...but they are fatter than xud ones
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 10:27 AM)Tom Wrote: 6k xud for the win! Will make sure i have aa cover to take me home on that day lol!

With rac so will just make sure its still in date before i do it Wink

(23-01-2014, 10:29 AM)Jamieh2013 Wrote: Paint looks mint on it now

Should be a great little car when finished Smile

Thanks was only front i polished all rest needs the same treatment Wink

(23-01-2014, 10:33 AM)Piggy Wrote: Cant see a pic of hdi rods...but they are fatter than xud ones

Oh yer wont let me edit it as keeps saying ive put to many pics in it so heres the pic

[Image: DSC_0379_zps1wazgu6v.jpg]

Only slightly bigger at the top not exactly a massive difference

Thanks given by:
Makes a difference though...also a later casting...more updated way of producing them which is likely to get rid of more manufaturing flaws
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They always snap up there at the wrist so that being fatter is what makes them better, that and what piggy says better made with newer materials and techniques and shit.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
some progress kicking off here chris. Glad you've stuck with it. that red is shining with a polish!

crying out for some grey 205 speedlines IMHO
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 11:38 AM)mr_fish Wrote: some progress kicking off here chris. Glad you've stuck with it. that red is shining with a polish!

crying out for some grey 205 speedlines IMHO

But speedlines would go against the sleeper look would really like 15inch steels with 195/50 tyres tbh thats the plan once its on road as want to fill the arch gap and up the gearing abit so its not revving its tits off lol

Anyway bored this morning decided not to go to gym seen as im struggling to walk from leg day lol

So cracked the welder out and sorted the last bit of rust (that i no of not looked under it yet)

[Image: DSC_0380_zpsdatwk61f.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0381_zpsa3kkbqmt.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0382_zps5sdnebbb.jpg]

and other side
[Image: DSC_0383_zpscbsqwgm8.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0384_zps2vudswpt.jpg]

Awaiting filler and paint not gonna be perfect but better than rust holes Smile

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Stupid idea but, thought about matt blacking it or rat look or something?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Amazng that they rust up there...random weirdrustness
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 12:35 PM)Tom Wrote: Stupid idea but, thought about matt blacking it or rat look or something?

No i hate matt black cars with a passion lol want to keep the clean standard look tbh and then open bonnet and have a nice clean engine bay, well thats the plan not sure if my patience's will last that long painting every thing Wink

(23-01-2014, 12:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: Amazng that they rust up there...random weirdrustness

I though was strange no idea how it did it maybe not painted right at some point maybe.... not to sure tbh

Thanks given by:
As said, strange place for it to rust on the roof line like that.

3dr models are increasingly rusting above the rear quarter window where the sealant always cracks and allows moisture in, but I've never seen a 5dr model rust in that area.

You've done the inner wing and front panel, both common enough areas, but what's the shell like in the usual 205 problem areas? Under the rear seats, boot floor, under the brake servo, rear side bumper mountings, and the sill/arch in front of the rear wheel (not sure if these go on 5dr's but they do on 3dr's certainly) for example.

Should be good when finished though - definitately keep standard looking steel wheels on it for the full sleeper effect Big Grin
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Boot floor is good rear archs are good to not a spec of rust to say shell has done 220,000miles it's in pretty good nick all tho as said not looked under it yet, will look under back seat when I can be bothered to move all the Parts off the seat lol

Thanks given by:
get the carpets out and have a proper look mate, easier to see that way as the underseal hides most of it
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 01:24 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: get the carpets out and have a proper look mate, easier to see that way as the underseal hides most of it

Sod that not going that far in to it only need it to get though it's mot then it's ok cos doubt I will have it for another year, unless I fall in love with it lol

Thanks given by:
ahh fair enough Smile. dreading taking my car off the road and having a poke about lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
good lad chris! another retro sleeper been built! so that's about 4 sleepers on here now, 2 205s, 206 and a metro.
also you want to get some of this
[Image: DSCF1243.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1242.jpg]
use the mesh to hid the intercooler, that's plus it protects it too, I have it to protect my 200 quid recored rad and also hides my front fan too.
Thanks given by:
Might look in to that, see what it looks like when it's painted black if it still stands out might get some of it Smile

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update

torqued the con rod bolts up, re-fitted oil pump, and put the sump on

[Image: DSC_0395_zps90yws8ge.jpg]

Then looked at waste gate for turbo not quite sure if this is gonna work used the t2 actuator at the min need to get a pump on it see if it will open low enough down on the psi.

[Image: DSC_0397_zpslpq3rz9i.jpg]

Thats all ive done so far, got plenty of parts on order. Oil cooler, egt gauge, metal 205 water pipe, 3 inch v band kit and what ever else ive forgot.

Any one got any advice on the waste gate/actuator please pipe up Wink

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
are you ebaying 205 bits?
Thanks given by:
You sure have been busy Smile

Get some flap discs on your grinder to flat back the welds on your body panels Wink work a treat.

Are you going to hide the intercooler at the front?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 04:07 PM)procta Wrote: are you ebaying 205 bits?

What you mean? Not selling any 205 bits if you mean that

(28-01-2014, 05:31 PM)Grant Wrote: You sure have been busy Smile

Get some flap discs on your grinder to flat back the welds on your body panels Wink work a treat.

Used grinding disc on the body work bits didn't bother on the other bits tho as won't be seen hopefully. And gonna paint the cooler Matt black and see what it's like if it still sticks out will look at some meshing for bumper.

Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 06:19 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(28-01-2014, 04:07 PM)procta Wrote: are you ebaying 205 bits?

What you mean? Not selling any 205 bits if you mean that

(28-01-2014, 05:31 PM)Grant Wrote: You sure have been busy Smile

Used grinding disc on the body work bits didn't bother on the other bits tho as won't be seen hopefully. And gonna paint the cooler Matt black and see what it's like if it still sticks out will look at some meshing for bumper.

no, I ment are you on the look out on the bay of e
Thanks given by:
Some times look not very often tbh, never got much money as keep buying shinys of forum members lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,013 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11 ginge191 466 261,250 29-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,114 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb