306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: RR day results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(03-02-2013, 07:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]This always happens on dyno days lol...........no-ones ever happy afterwards! lol

Also I thought they were strapped oddly....wtf did they use door hinges for? I barely trust the hinge to hold the door! Confused I guess some of you were too low to get round the subframe but still a crap place to strap them.

I was happy and I got three runs , but very disappointed for other people Sad
I was pretty shocked with how they were strapping them down. for a start, them straps were only the 150kg ones you can buy for strapping small things down and they were just using the small metal hook to hold them in.
If a car did decide it was going to make a bid for freedom, it would of snapped them straps straight away.

Also, they were treating the cars like shit. I was sitting in my car in the carpark and when they reversed ozones car out of the workshop down the hill, i genuinely thought he was going to hit my car which would of been interesting seeing as that short cocky guy wasnt even old enough to drive!

Shocking if you ask me!
(03-02-2013, 06:57 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't my dyno figure I was disappointed with, although in the real world it should be a little higher. Just the lack of care for my car, and being tight with the fan, obviously cutting it off early and starting it late to save electric cost I suppose.

You would like to think that they would know any turbo engined car shouldn't be just turned off especially after being on the rollers
What did Jonny's estate get?
As bad or good as what people think it is, it was good to see everyone again. Which if I'm honest is what I look forward to most when attending a meet.

We had a good day together chatting, having a munch out at Pizza Hut and penalising Dums car!

Love you guys <3
He didnt run it.
He knew it'd be embarrassing otherwise? lol
(03-02-2013, 07:09 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]What did Jonny's estate get?
He didnt run, was too scared of it being less powerful than when i had it.

(03-02-2013, 07:10 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]As bad or good as what people think it is, it was good to see everyone again. Which if I'm honest is what I look forward to most when attending a meet.

We had a good day together chatting, having a munch out at Pizza Hut and penalising Dums car!

Love you guys <3

Oh yeah, awesome meet bar the dyno operators being dicks. love you too babe
(03-02-2013, 07:06 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]I was pretty shocked with how they were strapping them down. for a start, them straps were only the 150kg ones you can buy for strapping small things down and they were just using the small metal hook to hold them in.
If a car did decide it was going to make a bid for freedom, it would of snapped them straps straight away.

Also, they were treating the cars like shit. I was sitting in my car in the carpark and when they reversed ozones car out of the workshop down the hill, i genuinely thought he was going to hit my car which would of been interesting seeing as that short cocky guy wasnt even old enough to drive!

Shocking if you ask me!

what!!!!!!!!! i didnt see them reversing my car out, was busy talking to scott.

oooh now im angry, that and the fact he switched it off when the temp was at 90 Angry
(03-02-2013, 10:33 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 07:06 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]I was pretty shocked with how they were strapping them down. for a start, them straps were only the 150kg ones you can buy for strapping small things down and they were just using the small metal hook to hold them in.

Shocking if you ask me!

oooh now im angry, that and the fact he switched it off when the temp was at 90 Angry

Yeah he flew down the ramp in yours. How did you not know he took it haha
(03-02-2013, 10:33 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]

Shocking if you ask me!

Yeah yours wasnt the only one but i remembered yours the most seeing how close he got to my car and how quick he was going. Had no respect for others cars at all. Even when everyone finished running and they started putting some of the cars back in the workshop, he was driving one of the Porsche like a cock. was quite amusing though seeing as he couldnt even see over the wheel lol
Why does it matter about temp? I know you cant rev/spool the turbo and shut off as it runs down with no oil and breaks the bearings, but surely if its idling when you shut off it doesn't matter about temp?

I would be annoyed about someone else ragging my car though, so I agree there lol.
Tom, i didnt see it my self but apparently with someones car, they just turned it off straight away after it dropping revs after the run. Not cool.
Just their general attitude was shit as well. You could tell they just wanted to go home!
That was a genuine question btw, not a dig or anything as I've seen people mention it before but not understood why.

I will say though, on another note, the weekend is the time they want to be out having 'fun' (i think that's correct, not experienced it myself lol) just as much as you do so I'm not surprised they were eager to get finished. Obviously they should keep professional but unfortunately that's not always the case.
No i know it wasnt. That wasnt supposed to sound blunt.

If thats the case, they shouldnt open on saturdays!
Tom... That's what people are paying for so your argument is invalid!
(03-02-2013, 11:02 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]Tom... That's what people are paying for so your argument is invalid!

Not really, ever worked in a garage on a Saturday when one or two techs are 'roped in' on a rota? They're getting paid for it, but its extremely obvious they don't want to be there by the amount and standard of work....
Still. They agreed to do it. They should bloody well do it.
Sorry Tom but a lot of people work Saturdays, including me who had work that evening starting at 10PM.
I don't rush pouring pints for someone by throwing it in their face hoping they have their mouth open.

They had a job to do and they should have done it properly, Like most hard working normal people would

That short little cocky f*cking wanker had a face you just wanted to slap.

"Ohh look at me, I work at thruxton and I look like I'm 10 years old yet I get to drive this ridiculously low Porsche around the yard"

/Rant
(03-02-2013, 11:30 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]"Ohh look at me, I work at thruxton and I look like I'm 10 years old yet I get to drive this ridiculously low Porsche around the yard"

Errr your not far off. I heard someone mention he wasn't old enough to drive so at oldest, was 16.
I just remembered, on my second run they had it set as chris's gti! Tats why the second run of mine was so so sh*t
(03-02-2013, 11:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 11:02 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]Tom... That's what people are paying for so your argument is invalid!

Not really, ever worked in a garage on a Saturday when one or two techs are 'roped in' on a rota? They're getting paid for it, but its extremely obvious they don't want to be there by the amount and standard of work....

But that's the same as any job surely? Just because you've been called in doesn't mean the standard of work should drop. If a paramedic was called in last minute but didn't want to be there, they wouldn't treat you with less care than they would on a normal day, that should apply anywhere.
(04-02-2013, 09:20 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 11:30 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]"Ohh look at me, I work at thruxton and I look like I'm 10 years old yet I get to drive this ridiculously low Porsche around the yard"

Errr your not far off. I heard someone mention he wasn't old enough to drive so at oldest, was 16.

Really? Iv seen him driving round my way in a lowered bora quite abit!
(04-02-2013, 09:25 AM)David Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2013, 09:20 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

Really? Iv seen him driving round my way in a lowered bora quite abit!

Fair enough. Just what I had heard.

Tom, even if they had been rota'd In to do it, you still give your full. I'm rota'd to be on call from Friday this week. Do I want to? Not really but if I get a callout, I'm not going to just turn up and switch the thing off and not do my job.
Exactly. They had a job to do, they should have done it properly.

I mean that's why you go to a RR day isn't it? You know... For accurate results.
Sounds like a complete lash, thought you weren't making this Andy?
His amazing friend took hum
"Amazing friend"? Tongue
Special friend more like...
I have no friends!
think a android RR app be as good as these monkeys...

as said, you go to a RR to get an accurate figure, not a guess. We can all guess and assume and if we were happy with that we wouldnt open our wallets and drive to a RR for the hell of it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8