306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: RR day results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
You can see the gradient increase noticeably around 2600 as it spools and if you follow the power line up past where it drops off I reckon youd be good for 170hp @ ~4500rpm. Useless dyno drivers

Timing problem my balls lol

Yeah but you would probably make peak power around 4.5k mate, turbo starts going out of its efficiency range past there and fuelling is getting a bit low too
5k is the start of my red line.
what clocks you have in it?
(02-02-2013, 09:48 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]You can see the gradient increase noticeably around 2600 as it spools and if you follow the power line up past where it drops off I reckon youd be good for 170hp @ ~4500rpm. Useless dyno drivers

Yeah but you would probably make peak power around 4.5k mate, turbo starts going out of its efficiency range past there and fuelling is getting a bit low too

When jinny and samass turned up they went to work on my pump (thanks guys) and took it out for a drive and felt well better the drive but with the revs like you said there was a full 1.2k range still left to go.

(02-02-2013, 09:50 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]what clocks you have in it?

Dt
hmmmm sure my old clocks ran out of puff at 5k and started red box at 4k Confused
An mate mine start at 5 and bottom out at 6. Here is a pic on my build thread
sure there not hdi dials?
my rev counter redlines from 5-6 k same as davids
No coz HDI have the oil temp on them
(02-02-2013, 09:48 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]You can see the gradient increase noticeably around 2600 as it spools and if you follow the power line up past where it drops off I reckon youd be good for 170hp @ ~4500rpm. Useless dyno drivers

what do you reckon of my curve dan? everyone expected alot more out of mine with such a big turbo. do you think 151.7bhp was a case of letting off too early? i havnt got a gov mod but i know from driving it that it does carry on pulling past 4.5k
[Image: img007_zpsbcb45764.jpg]
hmmmmm Confused i dunno then im sure mine was 4-5k but i could be wrong its been a while since ive seen it Sad
(02-02-2013, 10:03 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]hmmmmm Confused i dunno then im sure mine was 4-5k but i could be wrong its been a while since ive seen it Sad

Just put a thread on the xud section to be 100% sure
Every graph looks shit, scales are awful.

Dan hit the nail on the head, did they not know you had a bigger turbo?
(02-02-2013, 10:05 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Every graph looks shit, scales are awful.

Dan hit the nail on the head, did they not know you had a bigger turbo?

Yeah he said I had a turbo problem as its spools really late but I told him I had a td04 which spools higher up the rev range, so yeah he knew.
Ozone yours is the gov, starts cutting fuel around 3.8-4k afaik.
Any photos yet guys?
(02-02-2013, 10:07 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Ozone yours is the gov, starts cutting fuel around 3.8-4k afaik.

Ah cool, just checking.
Il get a new pump on and have it set up properly on a decent dyno.
Theres 200bhp in there, only another 50hp to gain
Not happy that they turned the cars off straight away
ewwww just letting them boil in heat soak!!
Not going back there again!
(02-02-2013, 10:16 PM)David Wrote: [ -> ]Not happy that they turned the cars off straight away

Exactly this, especially with the amount of heat my turbo produces :/
must say the one in sheffield was a good day! apart from i nearly got flattened off a charged 6 that decided that 2 guys sat on the front wasnt enough and it wanted to be free like the wind!!
Which was your car?
[/quote]

It was a local plymouth meet chap loads of different cars and it was in my gold hdi
(02-02-2013, 09:41 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see my reply about not revving it far enough? Im sure that will be the problem, nothing else adds up.

Thing is, from my point of view it seemed like it didn't want to rev any further. Started popping before he let off.
sure its defo been modded the pump then?
It's weird, he floored it, it coaled until it spooled then the smoked cleared, but it sounded really hesitant to rev any higher, so he let off, although the graph doesn't show anything like that. Also loped on idle a lot. Guessing Dan modded his pump so would have thought it's shimmed up enough.
Dan didn't gov mod it though
sure its been modded?
I'm just going from what the last owner said and when you move the arm on the pump it feels like it has
worth a strip down and look if you ask me
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8