Stallion burgers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stallion burgers.
I'm friendly with a few farmers and my dads a butcher so I only buy from decent places!

As Darren said, £1 for six what did anyone expect
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Breaking News!
Traces of zebras found in Tesco barcodes.
Thanks given by:
Bare in mind we are talking about the same supermarkets that can't even get the ingredients in haggis right. Next time your at the supermarket have a look at the ingredients in a haggis and see if you can spot what's wrong.
Thanks given by:
8 chicken burgers at asda 97p ,Student lifestyle yo ;D

I'd love to try a proper butchers, not the ones round here though
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
If you look at the packaging Chris posted on the previous page it advertises the fact that it's "8% More Beef". It doesn't say anywhere that they are 100% beef.

Like Darren says, if you want pukka burgers without all the crap in them, buy them from somewhere reputable. Unfortunately not a lot of people can afford to do this often, though Sad

I once saw written on a box of sausages outside a greasy spoon "up to 20% meat", which gets you wondering what the feck else is in there!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2013, 10:25 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Like Darren says, if you want pukka burgers without all the crap in them, buy them from somewhere reputable. Unfortunately not a lot of people can afford to do this often, though Sad

Have you ever tried going to a butchers and shopping there? It's really not as expensive as everyone thinks unless of course your living off of tescos value sausages in which case, you need to re assess your life because that stuff is just really shocking. Well anything that comes from tescos is but stil.....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I personally would like to try using our local butchers. In the whole of Stevenage I can only think of one, but I might try them next week. I'm put off doing that mainly cos I don't know what I'm looking at, which is mainly my fault, but I reckon it's probably a wide-spread thing because our generation don't typically shop at butchers or on markets etc...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
The mistake people make is going to their local market town high-street butchers, who are there purely to reap the rewards from the bored housewives in their chelsea tractors. Go to a proper butchers and most will match or beat supermarket prices, especially when you consider the actual relative meat content in the products. I won't use supermarkets for meat because they're such a massive rip-off.

Chris, you've got nothing to worry about, tell the butcher you're new to the gig and he/she'll help you work out what you need. Any decent ones should be able to give you a brief education in the various cuts and suggestions on how to cook them.

The only excuses left for not using independent butchers are ignorance or laziness.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well I'm gonna head here on Saturday (if the weather permits!) http://www.brookfield-farm.co.uk/

I'll see how I get on. Suffering from a bit of January skint-ness so not sure how much money to take...
Thanks given by:
The problem lies when you start looking and find that there's fillet on offer, you say 'enough for 4 people' and he gives you a foot long piece of fillet worth 80 quid and you shit yourself... Even the 'cheaper' cuts from a butcher's are better than the expensive cuts from shitty supermarkets...

If we want our countries economy to start regrowing were going to have to put some money into it... Not spending it at Asda , Lidl or Tescos and pumping into someone else's economy...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just shop by weight Ruan, 4 people so ask how much for 32oz before he cuts it Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong in eating horse meat imo. Its highly hypocritical saying its wrong because you have horses yourself... Ill assume you eat cows, what's the difference? Yes its wrong what they did, but only because it was being sold as something it wasn't
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2013, 06:43 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Like every farmer will have told you for last 10 years...

If you dont want to buy crap....DONT BUY f*cking BURGERS FOR A QUID FOR SIX, what the hell do you think your buying?? What kinda farmer can rear livestock for that kinda money, given tescos will begetting 90p of that as profit!!

Just another reason to go to your LOCAL BUTCHER and support british farmers not chain supermarkets who are here to destroy LOCAL FARMERS and everything in there path!!

This is absolutely bang on. There are people left, right and centre saying it's disgusting but f*ck me what do you expect for the money?!

Will always go to the butchers because it's supporting local farmers, it's not funding the disgusting shite they produce and you always know what you're getting!!!
Thanks given by:
Isn't most of the 'bulk' in cheaper shop meat just water and rusk mainly anyway? It's not gonna be sawdust is it lol.... Confused
Thanks given by:
Watch the documentary that was on TV showing the making of those burgers...

They literally PRESSURE WASH the carcus's to get every last inch of grizzle / fat etc, then all goes into a huge sloppy lagoon, water is removed, and bingo theres your burger, if you watch the program , you wont eat another cheap burger from tescos!

Like CAR said, I think alot of people would be suprised what meat from a butchers cost...obviously its more expensive, but its not always as bad as you might think, and god damn is it worth it...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
As tom said, these "up to 20% meat" products are nothing abnormal, they just fill them with more grain etc. They're not going to be physically putting cardboard in it are they?

I go to the butchers usually because they taste SO much better. What worries me is when friends/relatives say they don't like butcher products, and that they prefer Richmond irish pork sausages. They're f*cking disgusting and taste NOTHING like meat!

Oh and I echo what Connor says. The problem is that they included something that wasn't mentioned in the ingredients. Ethically, they're just animals and people do eat horse around the world, so why the f*ck should Britain get all uppity about it just because the posh ones own a few? The issue should be with the principles, and a matter of trust, not with the actual content. Would there be the same uproar if it was found that there was 29% chicken in them?

Probably not, because it's widely accepted that people eat chicken. Horses though? Oh no, let's get all precious.

Bet they taste even shitter when they take the horse meat out and replace it with some kind of meat replacement. Eurgh.

FLOL!

Replace meat with some kind of meat replacement?

go home Chris, you're drunk
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2013, 10:54 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Watch the documentary that was on TV showing the making of those burgers...

They literally PRESSURE WASH the carcus's to get every last inch of grizzle / fat etc, then all goes into a huge sloppy lagoon, water is removed, and bingo theres your burger, if you watch the program , you wont eat another cheap burger from tescos!

Like CAR said, I think alot of people would be suprised what meat from a butchers cost...obviously its more expensive, but its not always as bad as you might think, and god damn is it worth it...

Mmmm, sounds appetising lol. I don't like beef anyway so doesn't bother me too much, but if I did I would be put off by it. I remember seeing a similar thing with reconsituted (sp) chicken where they spin the carcass to centrifugally remove every last bit. I don't eat cheap chicken after seeing that lol.
Thanks given by:
Theirs a video on Facebook of some guys in tesco in a horse costume...

Nothing like horsing around
Thanks given by: