306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Stallion burgers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it's all over Facebook and the chat box so now it's here.

I personally, as my family own horses, would love to find the people responsible and leave them in a cage with lots of carnivorous animals.

Some of the jokey stuff is quite funny though.

So feel free to post your thoughts and or the inevitable memes.
End of the day meat is meat it's the perception of the people in different countries France eat horse meat Koreans eat dog meat hell the Mexicans eat guinea pigs its all down to location and what's available in that country I don't agree with the horse meat in beef burgers that's mortally wrong cos those people were expecting beef
Ive heard theres supposed to be 1 woman in hospital due to eating these burgers. Apparently she's stable.
Personally I cant see a-neigh problems with it.
That's the main issue. Because it's advertised as 100% British beef... Yet it just isn't. I know different cultures have different views on meals and foods etc but feeding British people horses is just disgusting!
Despite the news, Tesco say that their beef burger sales remain stable
[Image: nqp9qc.jpg]
I don't really care!

I've never had a burger from any of those places! We get the cheap burgers from brakes which probably have no beef in them anyway!

By the time I've got a bun, some salad some cheese n some sauce you can't taste the meat anyway!
Its all good and funny until someone gets the trotts!
I wanna taste a horse burger lol
Like every farmer will have told you for last 10 years...

If you dont want to buy crap....DONT BUY f*cking BURGERS FOR A QUID FOR SIX, what the hell do you think your buying?? What kinda farmer can rear livestock for that kinda money, given tescos will begetting 90p of that as profit!!

Just another reason to go to your LOCAL BUTCHER and support british farmers not chain supermarkets who are here to destroy LOCAL FARMERS and everything in there path!!
I think the only problem here is that its advertised as 100% British beef.
But eating it I don't think is a problem
Agreed with Darren tbh.
(16-01-2013, 06:18 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]I personally, as my family own horses, would love to find the people responsible and leave them in a cage with lots of carnivorous animals.
Which is odd when you think about it because my family own dogs (dags) but I dont feel the need to horrifically mutilate korean people or even care really.

Id eat horse, its better for you than beef as its less fatty and has more protein. Realistically they aint that different to cows anyway.

Its only the stupidly cheap burgers IIRC that its been found in and we all know that they aint 100% beef anyway (have you ever read the ingredients list on them)

Darren is right, if you want to guarante what your eating your much better off going to a decent local butcher or farm shop.
£1.00 for 6 burgers....A bit of horse meat is the last thing you should be worrying about in the blend, i dread to think what else goes in to "bulk her out"

Everyone will have a local butchery near by, yes of course it will cost a bit more, but thats because A your buying meat from a shop thats paying the farmer an ammount of money he can make PROFIT on, and a farmer that keeps his livestock on a farm in GOOD conditions, and your support local buisness's not screwing over the country by supporting big supermarkets are DICTATE what farmer can / cant do, and make damn sure they dont make any money, because of course, if its to expensive, lets just import it, I mean that fixes everything....then chuck in 1% local beef so we can call it british, that makes sence...of course it dosnt!

If everyone did that, we would be making big steps!
[Image: 2qvtrvm.jpg]
Meh it's all part of a stable diet! Lol I make me own burgers anyways
I still think it's wrong.

Horse meat isn't exactly a marketed product in Britain.

And Chris... No that's fair enough but that's a different culture. This is our culture.
Im not saying the horsemeat is acceptable, its shocking....what im saying is, how the hell can it take final evidence like this for people to suddenly be shocked at what there buying, the clue is in the shop and the price!
(16-01-2013, 06:56 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Im not saying the horsemeat is acceptable, its shocking....what im saying is, how the hell can it take final evidence like this for people to suddenly be shocked at what there buying, the clue is in the shop and the price!

Ignorance and stupidity.
Just for lols as it aint here yet

[Image: 8467_e681_500.jpeg]

This is the box of the burgers someone needs to PS it with horse pictures.

[Image: The-DNA-tests-found-horse-meat-in-Tesco-...ctured.jpg]

Cant find an actual pic of the ingreedient list on the pack though
That's very true. There's always going to be 'crap' people will almost vomit at in the cheap burgers.

I much prefer paying more for decent meat or buying meat from a butcher and making my own. Haven't done that in a while though.

Never bought cheap meat.
I have a weird thing about food and won't settle for cheap meat because I know there's all sorts of hateful shit in them.
Who the f*ck actually goes in Iceland anyways!! And frozen burgers bbblllluuuurrrrgggg

I don't really see owt wrong with eating horse, people eat kangaroo, some people don't like or wouldn't eat rabbit I fookin love it
I've eaten the burgers as part of a mane meal
I haven't had aneigh problems
But suppose they wouldnt go undiscovered furlong
(16-01-2013, 06:56 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Im not saying the horsemeat is acceptable, its shocking....what im saying is, how the hell can it take final evidence like this for people to suddenly be shocked at what there buying, the clue is in the shop and the price!

Im not surprised at the sudden outrage. I live in a city full of thick lady gardens who are completely ignorant as to where food comes from. Your average kid round here dosent know that milk comes from cows and TBH that goes for the adults too.

People are so far removed from what they eat cos they cant stand the ideas that meat is dead animal. an animal thats been killed for them to eat and been sliced up in a big bloody mess. They dont like the idea that milk is sucked from cow tits or that eggs come from inside a chicken and that crops and veg are fertilised with shit.

People like to think that the food they eat is a perfectly clean vacuum packed portion thats never been covered in blood or shit. I think alot of people wouldnt eat if they knew.
just seen on fb

[Image: 484661_562448130449579_1024657792_n.jpg]
Tesco burgers, low in salt, surprisingly high in Shergar...
[Image: 580466_10151278904124118_1561233400_n.jpg]
Right, I'm gonna say it - I've eaten horse. It's very tough and gamey, bit like mutton but far less fatty. I've eaten most meats to be honest, I grew up going shooting with my dad and if we shot it, we ate it. Rabbit, hare, pigeon, pheasant, squirrel, venison, whatever. It's no different to eating a cow or a pig! Although I wouldn't eat dog purely because I'm a dog lover and wouldn't want to scare my dogs lol

As for what darren's saying, your damn right. My dads mate is a wholesale butcher, he's an ex-slaughterman and sources all the meat from farmers he knows in the trade. He sells cheap because he sellls in bulk, and if something doesn't taste good and isn't 100% what it should be he won't sell it, because he won't sell anything he wouldn't eat. Best bit is, he's cheaper than the supermarket in many ways. The price per pound can be a bit more but when you lob a rasher of bacon in the pan, it doesn't shrink up because it hasn't been packed full of water!

It's him I'll get the meat for the April meet BBQ, trust me, you'll taste the difference Wink
ive got some tesco burgers in the freezer. just check to see if they are in date ......

AND THEIR OFF.
Pages: 1 2