Angle grinders in Aldi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angle grinders in Aldi
Just a heads up, they're selling angle grinders in Aldi stores limited at the moment, £14, anyone know what they're like? Just before anyone gets anxious, I don't work for Aldi or anything, just in there a lot.
Thanks given by:
Probably about the same spec as all the other £15 grinders you see around.

Ive got a £15 draper one, 3 years now and its not gone wrong (although i did kill the one before that after a couple of years) at £15 theyer expendable.

I take it theyer 4.5" grinders and nothing gucci like a 9" or a twin wheel?
Thanks given by:
Actually you would be surprised, a lot of the Aldi hardware is actually reasonable quality. Sure, the ratchet screwdriver that I bought before christmas fell apart, but the ratchet spanners are still going strong. They are just a standard grinder TBH, I'm tempted to buy one, but I am not sure what they would solve that a club hammer couldn't.
Thanks given by:
So why are you asking whether anyone knows what they are like if you already know the quality?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
No exactly the type of tool you want to be cheap on considering what could happen if a part of it failed...i got a bosch for £30 at B&Q
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Why? What could happen it 'failed' :roll:
Thanks given by:
I got a router from Aldi for £12, because I'm not exactly gonna use a router much. Seemed fine the couple of times I used it Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Why? What could happen it 'failed' :roll:

Buy one, find out, post pictures.
Thanks given by:
i just have the image of a grinding disc flying off lol
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Yeah £14 isnt something Id trust...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What is there to lose if it goes wrong? Just take it back to the shop for a refund.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:What is there to lose if it goes wrong? Just take it back to the shop for a refund.

An eye? a finger? a penis? Never know mate =/
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Another thing Id like to point out, that if you change a disc and someone else uses it and it comes off, you are legally responsible
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:What is there to lose if it goes wrong? Just take it back to the shop for a refund.

arm, leg an eye maybe all very precius to me

but yes ive bought cheap tools mainly to do one job so if it lasts longer its a bonus

i bought a cheap £2o circular saw from B&Q on the understanding it would be knakared after cutting railway sleepers....best damn diy tool ive bought and still going strong
Thanks given by:
Not sure what you're on about Flynn, they seem to be available next Thursday at £18 from what I can see?

http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/specia ... _23052.htm
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Proper job for power tools. Pretty sure its a West Country chain though. Sad
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Im sure Ive seen one elsewhere, but cant remember where lol so could have been within the west country
Thanks given by:
Those type are crap, get one of the little makita's with the latching side switch, million times better.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Alright thanks Phillip Smile
Thanks given by:
Might nip and get one so I can finally lower my car!...
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
I've got one of these:

[Image: stihl-masonry-saw-1.jpg] Im sure Niall will post up a pic of me using it to repair my car if he can find it lol

And one of these:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvREw0qsOpVuWMG21CUcM...gUKngArYtA]

As far as cheap grinders go, i wouldnt trust them as far as i can throw them.
I use grinders almost every day at work, and they're not something you want to skimp on. The bushes go enough in the makita one, let along a cheapo one.
You watch any HSE video of a grinder blade on flesh and you will never buy cheap grinders/blade again :o
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Alright thanks Phillip Smile

You can use the Makita's one handed with the side switch because you can hold them right up near the head, and they're also a lot lighter and vibrate less. Not sure how much they are now but the last one cost me £35 delivered, worth the extra pennies.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Bet id kill a 15 quid grinder in the first day lol...

Cant stand cheap grinders with useless disk lock features / crappy motor pad / ring design....

If you use a grinder alot, it genrally gets hard / abusive use, thats what grinders are for Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommend an Angle Grinder Eeyore 32 4,090 25-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Laser Torque Angle Gauge Toms306 18 3,045 21-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Niall
  Aldi Metal Paint ally406 2 1,409 06-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Last Post: procta