Turbo relocation manifold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo relocation manifold
Hey fellas, anyone know where would be able to knock up a mani and pipework a la Mr Lobb's to relocate the turbo to where the battery is?

Before anyone goes on about the pros and cons.. i'm just a tart. And too lazy to pull the engine out to swap turbos. And I already have the battery relocation kit on the gti6 i'll be moving over. Ha.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It won't be cheap mate best bet will be to get online and search for exhaust fabricators
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Cheap's a cop out Wink

Just budgeting things, a lot of the cost will be covered by breaking the sundance. Guys on the Civic forums are talking £500 or so to fabricate 4-1's for them so looking at similar probably
Thanks given by:
Hi mate theres a bloke on tdocuk. He quoted me close to about 8 i think il hav a look when i get home and let you know
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
8? Jeez that's a lot. Could learn to weld for that!

Are the standard mani's ally or steel?
Thanks given by:
Ally i think
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
I'd be interested in one of these but not a proper one a one bodged up from scrap so I could get it more like for £200 or cheaper.
Thanks given by:
Standard inlets are ally, but its an exhaust mani you want to relocate the turbo, and they're certainly not ally, EGT's would turn your mani into a puddle lol standard exh manis are cast afaik. Also, I think it was padges friend that just made a pipe up in the right shape that bolted to the standard exh mani and then went up to the battery area, that would be cheaper and easier, although maybe less efficient?
Thanks given by:
The standard exhaust manifold is cast iron, you can weld up some pipe from that to move the turbo, then simply extend the downpipe and oil lines, i got quoted 750qquid for a custom stainless exhaust manifold to bring turbo to battery.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im sure it would be pretty each to mock one up yourself to move it to the battery area if you're bolting to the stock manifold. I may have to have a go at this, the only issue is that once you've done it you can only bolt on one particular turbo with the same flange unless you have it all off again to modify. The square stock T25 Garrett fitment, stock K14 mani fitment, MHI fitment etc, unless you can make up a set of bolton flanges to actually bolt onto your main mani to change turbo. This is why its probably easier to leave it down the back, weld/bolt to stock mani, this is why it could be easier to just get many stock manis and have the whole turbo/mani unit swappable.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You've got runner lengths to think of, making sure it doesn't fry the gear linkages, oil feeds, oil drains... The mani as actually the easy bit..

Not to mention the downpipe and making sure it clears everything... Give it a go, but only bother if you're putting a REALLY big turbo on, if you're putting on a stock peanut turbo, it's going to be laughable... Even Darrens turbo on the 213hp setup looked a bit small and normally that's classed as a "BIG" turbo, only the latest one has looked chronic...

[Image: IMG00250-20100821-2016.jpg]

See what I mean?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lol the 213hp turbo was very un-appropriate, almost offensive to look at lol!

Ah, thats more like it Smile

[Image: DSC04516.jpg]
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha Darren you are a nutter with talent as opposed to just a nutter that's why I like you.
Thanks given by:
Darren, dont leave your ass exposed for too long...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Darren, dont leave your ass exposed for too long...
Repped! OWAIT Undecided
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got a better quote today, 700quid and they make it all from new, stainless, 2 days work, making sure everything fits good and no catching,reckon a GT2860 would look "ok" battery mounted?
Thanks given by:
Hmm I'll prob end up t25 hybrid, may just leave it tucked away and make a nice airbox or something...
Thanks given by:
What type of stainless are they using?
Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:Got a better quote today, 700quid and they make it all from new, stainless, 2 days work, making sure everything fits good and no catching,reckon a GT2860 would look "ok" battery mounted?

No, they're tiny... Only a 60mm compressor...

The 213 turbo was bigger than that..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Hmm I'll prob end up t25 hybrid, may just leave it tucked away and make a nice airbox or something...

T25 hybrid with T25 turbine? Or T2 Turbine...

If it's a T2 turbine, don't bother, Darren will vouch for how wank they are...

Seriously GT2056S or GT2052S and keep it down the back... Best turbo you can get for these engines without going VNT or silly custom. And I've spent hours and hours and hours and hours looking at turbos, compressor maps etc and varying varieties..
Thanks given by:
oh? apparently the gt2860 is a heft big turbo according to darren, jp dave etc
Thanks given by:
It's big, but doesn't LOOK big...

No turbos that you can put on these engines without hilarious lag "look" big... Putting one in the battery box, people are going to go, why have you put a peanut in your engine bay..

Just keep it down the back unless you're putting a Ported Shroud GT42 in the battery box, everyone will laugh at most other things.
Thanks given by:
Pretty much.............

[Image: cornflakes.jpg]

tbh........
Thanks given by:
^^ bahahahaha

Repped........oh, wait!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
In hindsight, I think Ruans legs need to be longer.
Thanks given by:
lol the feet are about correct though, but yeah, needs to be lankier.
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Lol the 213hp turbo was very un-appropriate, almost offensive to look at lol!

Ah, thats more like it Smile

[Image: DSC04516.jpg]
Did anyone ever tell you how amazing your engine bay looked back then? Probably the best looking XUD ever TBH.

Oh and that Ruan picture is great, BTW. Although I agree, in hindsight, the legs should have been longer. Haha, mark_airey you cheeky git, posting before me, what are ya like, ay? I agree about the feet though, the feet are definitely Cornish spec!
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:ha, mark_airey you cheeky git
Hold the press! He spelt it right!
Oh em ef gee
Lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Flynn Wrote:ha, mark_airey you cheeky git
Hold the press! He spelt it right!
Oh em ef gee
Lol

I know, I'm still trying to climb back onto my chair! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Dan, I don't know whether to say I love you, or that I hate you....

It's a combo of the two...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will a T2 turbo fit on a K14 manifold? Dum-Dum 3 3,360 18-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Turbo relocation 306pc 9 3,112 26-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Turbo relocation xud11 and 1.4 hdi bits Sambo the bodger 7 4,704 04-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum