Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)
You no already got that turbo on!! Going to be quite a sleeper mate

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
iv recently been thinking about this as iv been putting my engine back in , personaly i think the best way to do it without crushing pipes when you do it is ti run it around the back of the block ( like OE) past the battery, Then an enclosed induction facing forward, then a pipe down the side of the rad with one of the race styley scoops infront of the rad,

Obviously doing it out of ally pipe and bends for better flow, IMO this is the best way to do it without making the air flow hella turbulant, like id imagine your is now, what do you think?

This is what i mean by the racing scoop thingy thing thing http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p4213/..._info.html

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
That is my plan tbh to get it back over the other side but im not sure how to get it past the manifold/master cylinder as its tight as it is maybe the 405 air box/pipe set up would be best? But is that to restrictive? I havent got any room for one of them scoops as intercooler fills all the bumper grill, im thinking morrets with cold air feed from them but will go aginst the sleeper so not sure if thats a good idea or not

Thanks given by:
Just had a little look at the 405, that pipe looks ideal, apart from it would fawl my FMIC pipe (see pic below) But actually looks spot on for yours, i wouldnt use that air box though, not even sure it would fit.

as for the air feed it is pretty difficult to find some where decent for it on theses things by the time youv added all the fmic parts , but IMO morettes wouldnt look right on yours not with that bumper. you will have to remove the indicater and put it the lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
i have a 405 airbox and pipes for sale if your interested. tbh it is a much better layout for better airflow
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 09:24 PM)puglove Wrote: Just had a little look at the 405, that pipe looks ideal, apart from it would fawl my FMIC pipe (see pic below) But actually looks spot on for yours, i wouldnt use that air box though, not even sure it would fit.

as for the air feed it is pretty difficult to find some where decent for it on theses things by the time youv added all the fmic parts , but IMO morettes wouldnt look right on yours not with that bumper. you will have to remove the indicater and put it the lol

Thought that setup looked familiar Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 09:24 PM)puglove Wrote: that pipe looks ideal, apart from it would fawl my FMIC pipe

Say what? Foul?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 10:08 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 09:24 PM)puglove Wrote: Just had a little look at the 405, that pipe looks ideal, apart from it would fawl my FMIC pipe (see pic below) But actually looks spot on for yours, i wouldnt use that air box though, not even sure it would fit.

Thought that setup looked familiar Smile

Parts of it are familiar Tongue iv replaced the odd bits of exhaust tube now Tongue

(07-03-2013, 10:19 PM)C2K Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 09:24 PM)puglove Wrote: that pipe looks ideal, apart from it would fawl my FMIC pipe

Say what? Foul?

Dont take the piss out of my lack of spelling skills Tongue

Thanks given by:
Looks well pal
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 09:54 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: i have a 405 airbox and pipes for sale if your interested. tbh it is a much better layout for better airflow

Yer i asked in for sale section but was abit much for me unless you wana do it cheaper for me?

Thanks given by:
Looking good, you'll be glad you went for a bigger turbo Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 10:00 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Looking good, you'll be glad you went for a bigger turbo Smile

Hope so just abit worried about the lag that people go on about as i do all my mileage round town stop start so not sure how i will get on with it will have to see when i get it on Smile

Thanks given by:
What pump you running chris? To be honest the lag compared to a T2 isnt much more IMO a 13t can hit full boost around 3k and if gov modded can go to about 5k safely i sometime push mine to about 6k lol
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 10:21 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: What pump you running chris? To be honest the lag compared to a T2 isnt much more IMO a 13t can hit full boost around 3k and if gov modded can go to about 5k safely i sometime push mine to about 6k lol

just 9mm bosch with lda grind i do want it gov modding but i need to get some one to do it for me as im not confident enough to do it my self

Thanks given by:
Chris told you il do your gov mod!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 11:02 AM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Chris told you il do your gov mod!

I no mate just getting time to come up and some decent weather not in any rush to get it done, depending on weather i will be fitting turbo not this sunday, sunday after, so probably after that i will want it doing but i will let you no Smile

Thanks given by:
Trust me get it done asap you wont get the full benefit from a bosch and td04 without a gov mod Smile jenks knows his shizz n will have it done in no time Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 01:10 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Trust me get it done asap you wont get the full benefit from a bosch and td04 without a gov mod Smile jenks knows his shizz n will have it done in no time Wink

i no he's the one that made my car go from no power to slipping the clutch power lol although clutch dont slip any more, but i have a feeling once td04 is on then im gona have big slipping issues

Thanks given by:
little update went to scrappy today and spotted these on a phase 1, need a clean like

[Image: 306blue69_zps31a1ce50.jpg]

Not sure if i should put them on or not with me doing a sleeper look, what you guys think?

Thanks given by:
I wouldn't put them on I think it'd spoil the sleeper look. Liking the project btw
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update decied not to fit the spoiler and mirror caps, Fitted a new badge ;-)

[Image: 306blue71_zps712f6940.jpg]

Now officially XNd Smile lol

Also got some genuine subaru gaskets for the td04 Was hopeing to get it on this week end but weather looks like its gona be shite agin Sad
[Image: 306blue70_zps29c1c95b.jpg]

Carnt wait to get the turbo on as its cost me a fortune so far in bits etc hope its worth it when its on

Thanks given by:
you fitting the turbo chris?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2013, 01:38 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: you fitting the turbo chris?

Yer will be doing it my self, had turbo off when i put new inlet/exhast gasket on but didnt have the td04 ready then.

Thanks given by:
TD04 is now on Smile just got a problem with a oil leak I belive its comeing from the oil return will get it sorted tomorrow pics comeing soon

Thanks given by:
Excellent work mate! I shall have to come and see it!
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate yer defo come up when ever

Pic here Smile

turbo off
[Image: 306blue72_zps1963a1b7.jpg]

Side by side turbos (k14 left TD04 right)
[Image: 306blue74_zps9bcb2e3f.jpg]

TD04 on
[Image: 306blue73_zps4092b57a.jpg]

And the bonnet stay kept getting in the way so did this lol
[Image: 306blue75_zpsdc117690.jpg]

So got the turbo on to find it hitting the bulk head Angry didnt want to piss around takeing all off agin so ended up useing drill and chaseing it out a bit (couldnt get grinder in) Got it all back togeather i turned the pump right down so i can let the engine get used to the boost still boosting 15psi tho, been for a quick spin seem ok not that great at min with me turning pump down. Will slowly keep turning it up till i get to around 25psi i think or there abouts. Just got an oil leak to sort out in morning hopeing its a simple fix got a feeling its the oil return but not 100% sure yet.

Next up
283mm Brakes (if i can every find some at the right price)
Gov mod

Then maybe look in to lowering it 40mm but not sure about that

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
I think 30mm would fit better with the sleeper look. Mine used to tap the bulkhead slightly, it's the most annoying noise in the world!

Looking good though, boost is highly addictive!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I drilled the bulk head out got about. 1cm all way round the cold side/outlet. I noabout boost being adictive when I bought this car said it was staying standard lol 30mm is a good idea aslong as I can get 30mm springs just wana stiffen it up abit but not to much as needs to still be ok for bumps

Thanks given by:
Well i'm 40mm, and it's not very low really, 30mm would stiffen things up a bit without looking obvious to others.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
finally!!! epic sleeper starts now Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,898 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 191,684 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,789 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01