306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well as few may no i used to have a HDI but i sold that this morning and bought this, xrdt 1.9 d turbo, it has 164,000miles, and to be fair not in bad nick for its age. Not meny plans as of yet but watch this space as i may do some stuff after christmas Smile

[Image: 306blue.jpg]
[Image: 306blue3.jpg]
[Image: 306blue1.jpg]
[Image: 306blue2.jpg]

Comments welcome
looks a good base mate wats the plans with this one? as this is the proper engine Tongue i kinda know what im doing if you need anything doing Big Grin
Lucas pump!
Got a red DT interior if you want
Had my old blue hdi dturbo interior in the shed but my dad got rid of them the other day, could have had them!
ive also got the 5dr d tub interior if its closer, if you want it after christmas let me know
Well my gf says that the seats are sooooo much comfy than the half leathers i had in other one so staying like this for a while but if i find a nice CHEAP set then i will be on them.....

Plans are
Bosh pump so i can run on veg asap!
Tune it up abit

after that no idea maybe do exterior dont wana go to mad on engine just want it to be cheap and reliable to run

What you guys think i should do???

The car is in the garage tomorrow to have the P bush's done on front wishbones and heaters looked at as they some times work some times dont.
Car is currently at garage have a some niggly problems sorted, Its haveing

New oil, oil filter, fuel filter
New P bush's (wishbone bush) on both sides
New aux belt
New glow plugs
Hand brake tightening up
Pedal greased/oiled as they are squeaky
New heater resistor

Thats it i think, oh it needs a cv boot but will get that done another day, gona be like a different car agin with all the new stuff. Will see how i get on over next week if all goes well gonna go see ash23 so he can help me tune it up abit so i can get the most out of it while im saving for the bosh pump.

Oh and i need to get my boost gauge fitted asap as well so i can see what pressure im at.

Also going to get some half leathers off birk on Wednesday so that will make the interior better :-)
oooh another phase 1. nice Smile
This was the sight out side my house this morning Sad

[Image: 306blue4.jpg]

Driver side drive shaft had a split boot, and caused the bearings to collapse so just wait on one to come so i can buit it back up, also replaced a anti roll bar link as it was knocking quite bad, just got track rod ends to do, then all done hopefully should all be good after that.
So fixed the drive shaft

[Image: 306blue7.jpg]

And while i was bored at work i fixed the radio Ariel as the end had snapped off and fitted the boost gauge :-)

[Image: 306blue6.jpg]

Ready for some tuneing now, just got track rod ends to fit and new front brake pads then all is well....... Well till the next time something falls off or brakes lol
Update

Fitted new track rod ends and new front brake pads it now turns and stops at it should :-) Also picked up the half leather seats after a couple of days of cleaning and it being sat in front of fire its now in the car, just need to look at the door cards but in no rush for that. Also picked up some wind deflectors carnt live with out them now.

Before
[Image: 306blue9.jpg]

After
[Image: 306blue10.jpg]

Wind deflectors
[Image: 306blue8.jpg]

Next up is get it tuned up abit
Sort the heater controls out
See if i can make door cards fit
Sort the stiff/ Squeeky accelerator pedal out

Then save for the bosh pump change!

After that not sure what im gona do any suggestions welcome
So bit of an update Had ash23 tune it up for me goes very well, while i was there i bought a mid section off him so i can do a mid box to a back box conversion, then on my way home accelerator cable broke so replaced that the next day feels so much better now no longer stiff, but still squeaks a little. After i fitted that i deiced to move the K&N filter out of the standard box and up behind hedlight. Then yesterday i got some cleaning stuff for christmas so seen as i got day off deiced to give it a polish and clean up and make the grey trim black agin lol Looks loads better apart from were the white polish has gone in the stone chips. Any way the pics

[Image: 306blue11.jpg]

[Image: 306blue12.jpg]
[Image: 306blue16.jpg]
[Image: 306blue14.jpg]
[Image: 306blue15.jpg]
[Image: 306blue13.jpg]

Comments welcome :-)
Bit of an update, the engine mont bracket snaped the one that gose over the cambelt so had to replace that, but when it snaped it killed the rubber mount so replaced that, then found out my wishbone front bush was going so just replaced both front wishbones.

Car is going to garage tomorrow to have a power flex rear engine mount fitted and anew clutch cabel.

Also buying a sainless steel cat back system off ash23 so should sound a bit better ans less restricton on exhaust when I get it fitted.

Pics to come soon Smile
WINNING sigma 5 door !!!

Need some sport bumpers Big Grin luckly some one had already added them to mine before i bought it Big Grin
you need to get some new number plates, they're ruining an otherwise immaculate car
Looks awesome mate! I'm gonna get ash to help me tune mine Smile

You'll be glad your getting a garage to change clutch cable as its an absolute sod to do! lol
looks ace...another ph1 ftw

love the speedlines too

very surprised the garage did not highlight the need for lower arm front bushes when they did the Pbushes...its would have been hardly much more work...keep on eye on them!!

looks ace tho
(03-01-2013, 11:40 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]you need to get some new number plates, they're ruining an otherwise immaculate car

This is on my list to do but if im honest its far from immaculate its got quite a few scratches and small dints but pics make it look really good ;-)

(04-01-2013, 12:08 AM)MarkTD Wrote: [ -> ]Looks awesome mate! I'm gonna get ash to help me tune mine Smile

You'll be glad your getting a garage to change clutch cable as its an absolute sod to do! lol

Ash done a good job with mine thinking of turning up abit more tho, dont no how any one can drive a standard d turbo really couldn't get on with it now its tuned its so much better to drive and more mpg's to ;-) Bosh pump coming soon anyway so hopefully will be better/faster than what it is now :-)

(04-01-2013, 08:23 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]looks ace...another ph1 ftw

love the speedlines too

very surprised the garage did not highlight the need for lower arm front bushes when they did the Pbushes...its would have been hardly much more work...keep on eye on them!!

looks ace tho

He did say to me one of the bush's was getting ready but he said it would last a lot longer than it did, Then when i got a price to get a new bush pressed in he quoted me more that it would cost for 2 complete wish bones so just replaced both arms instead drives and handles so much better now. Hope it feels abit better after being in garage today and having clutch cable and power flex mount done.

What do you guys think would be a good color for my wheels? going to paint them ups in a few month but not sure on color maybe white or dark grey?
Pink!
Think pink is not my think ;-) lol Been looking at colors quite like the look of ford steel blue but not made my mind up yet.

Car had new clutch cable and powerflex rear engine mount drives so much better now. Fell back in love with it for the moment lol

Update picked exhaust up of ash 23 this morning and i was straight on to fitting it ;-) Now on the car can hear the turbo spool though exhaust think its louder but not sure as im the one driveing it lol. any way pics

[Image: 306blue17.jpg]
[Image: 306blue18.jpg]
[Image: 306blue19.jpg]
[Image: 306blue20.jpg]

Dont think it looks that bad at all out of back kind of sleeper but still notice it at same time.

Next up is maybe tune lucus some more
saveing for bosh pump.
Refurbe wheels

After that not sure really. Comments welcome
Exhaust looks good suits that bumper.
is that ash23's old exhaust? i recognise it from somewhere.....
looks good though Smile
Yer its ash23 old exhaust defo suits bummper kind of standard looking but shiny lol
ive got the same style bumper currently, bought a new one with the proper exhaust cutout though as it looks a bit strange with my massive exhaust squeezed under it. it does look very oem though, just better Smile
Update

Not really been doing much to it but managed to fix the heater control pannel finaly then fixed my boot as the central locking thing broke. Fitted some alpine type s front door speakers, and alpine type e 6x9's in theOO parcel shelf. Then picked up some bits from ash23 agin lol got polished rocker cover, 2 quick shifts the gear box one and the gear stick one. Heater blower motor as mine has started squeeking. Ive fitted the gearbox quick shift feels so much better not sure if i will be fitting the other one yet will see how i get on. And finaly got a screw in my tyre Angry so gona need to sort tyres out at some point. Oh and got a inlet adapter on its way to me :-)

[Image: 306blue25.jpg]
[Image: 306blue24.jpg]
[Image: 306blue26.jpg]
[Image: 306blue22.jpg]

Oh and did a little vid of acceleration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LMN5F1op2c
Is that ash's old rocker cover too? epicly shiney Smile
Most of this car is built of ash23 bits lol quick shifts, heater control pannle, alternator belt tesinor, exhaust,rocker cover, probly some more bits ive forgot, and no doubt I will end up haveing Some more bits off him lol
haha, fair enough, that covers probably got my fingerprints all over it, was well impressed with how good it turned out haha
Should look good when i get it fmic'ed :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8