Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012
seriously get some flyeyes on there, cheapest way to do it, see how it looks..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Is that what you've got? Is it light enough?
Thanks given by:
yeah I got the dark smoke i think, I'll find you a link to the one i got.

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/shop/product...product=13

I got 1 metre x 30 cm of the "black 1"
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Hmm, its not that expensive either....maybe I'll give it a go. Smile
Thanks given by:
Spent a few hours today re-washing it then polishing with SRP (which does nothing at all lol, the scrathes are still there, you just have to be an inch closer to see them...) and sealed it with Megs Gold Class wax.....which only lasts till you wash the car again lol. Will have to invest in some Nattys Blue next year.

Anyway, it doesn't look bad on the whole tbh, given how shit the paint really is, shame my camera couldn't cope with the shine lol....

[Image: ShinyChinaState023.jpg]

[Image: ShinyChinaState025.jpg]

Also now installed a Black Ice magic tree. Whatever you do, don't think 'oh the mighty oak ice cool must be the same'...it isn't, it smelt like bog cleaner! lol

Also got some decent dipped beam bulbs on the way (Osram Nightbreakers) as driving newer cars has really shown how poor the 306 lights are. The angels are slightly better than the crystals but still not great. And I dont want HIDs lol.
Thanks given by:
Halfords rally bulbs ftw. Cheap and super bright. My mate polished mine some time ago, made a huge difference.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I went in halfords looking for bulbs earlier.....saw their super brilliance bulbs were priced at £30....each! And left quickly lol. Even on trade they'll still be expensive. The H7 +90 nightbreakers were £12 the pair delivered which I can't really fault tbh....as long as they're better than what I've got now anyway lol.

I'm not sure why I can't polish cars, dunno whether I dont put enough effort in or whether I'm using the wrong product (I know SRP doesnt really cut) or just doing it wrong but they never come out much different. A little shinier yeah but still full of scratches and swirls up close.
Thanks given by:
You need elbow geese with srp. But yeah doesn't get rid of scratches. As you said doesn't cut enough. But I still love the finished product after using hd wax. Looked good on the moonstone!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, wonder how much elbow grease is on halfords trade.
Thanks given by:
Halfords is like 80% off on most of the bulbs. The Rally bulbs £4 each on trade lol.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Not sure which ones were rally bulbs, they didn't have a huge selection tbh, its only a small store.

I know its good discount on thier own bulbs though. 509t are like £2.99 shop price and 30p trade price lol.
Thanks given by:
When I got the stuff to service my car I got a pack of brake light bulbs for 49p that should have been £2.99 Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
You not stage two'd this yet? Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 07:26 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: When I got the stuff to service my car I got a pack of brake light bulbs for 49p that should have been £2.99 Smile

Funny enough I did the same for a set of brake light bulbs for the Golf haha...I then went on to knock out the electric window and RCL fuse changing the bulb in the car park!

(08-12-2012, 07:45 PM)samass Wrote: You not stage two'd this yet? Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn

This is not getting stage 2'd. Learnt my lesson from the Golf. But it is really slow and extremely tempting haha. No. No, I definitely cant afford it and dont want to make it even less reliable.... Confused
Thanks given by:
dont be silly. your golf was made of cheese, the hdi is made of spinach and man hole covers and all things hardcore. hop to it!

Thanks given by:
Lol, don't tempt me! Hopefully I'll be involved in stage 2'ing Rowells HDi instead lol. Need to save my money tbh. This is supposed to be a cheap economical runner till Feb.....its already failed on two of those points lol, but I really can't do any more mods, I always end up wasting money on cars, not this time!
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 09:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, don't tempt me! Hopefully I'll be involved in stage 2'ing Rowells HDi instead lol. Need to save my money tbh. This is supposed to be a cheap economical runner till Feb.....its already failed on two of those points lol, but I really can't do any more mods, I always end up wasting money on cars, not this time!

but what else are you going to spend your money on? I really cant see you paying for hoes (apart from gardening ones) and its not as if you do drugs (apart from paracetamol). Cars are what you do spend your money on!
Thanks given by:
Never taken a pill in my life lol. And I do need another hoe after going too deep with one and snapping my shaft. Confused

I worked out earlier is have the money to move out right now if I had just kept one standard car since I was 17....
Thanks given by:
whats to tempt? do it! guarantee, go out in one, you'll want it so bad, your balls hurt.

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 09:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Never taken a pill in my life lol. And I do need another hoe after going too deep with one and snapping my shaft. Confused

I worked out earlier is have the money to move out right now if I had just kept one standard car since I was 17....

and how boring would it have been for all those years!
Thanks given by:
boats an hoes

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 09:55 PM)samass Wrote: whats to tempt? do it! guarantee, go out in one, you'll want it so bad, your balls hurt.

Nah seriously I'd have to be a complete cock to make the same mistake twice. I'm sure they're fun, but not for me this time.

(08-12-2012, 10:04 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 09:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Never taken a pill in my life lol. And I do need another hoe after going too deep with one and snapping my shaft. Confused

and how boring would it have been for all those years!

Probably about the same level of boringness tbf.... Difference is I'd have had money to do stuff instead. If I don't start saving up now its never gonna happen.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 10:06 PM)samass Wrote: boats an hoes

Thats how i roll Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 11:53 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 10:06 PM)samass Wrote: boats an hoes

Thats how i Rowell Big Grin

:lmao
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
Will this go in there? Confused

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange001.jpg]

Of course, estates FTW!! Big Grin

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange003.jpg]

Anyway, bit of an update now. Fitted the Osram Nightbreakers and they've made a huge difference, can actually see without having to put the fogs on now!

Also, fitted £50s worth of Pagid pads and discs - they haven't fully bed in yet however it's cured the steering wheel wobble for now!

Old and crap (but barely worn - moral of the story, don't buy the cheap shite!)

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange019.jpg]

VS New. Big Grin

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange020.jpg]

Whilst down there I also replaced the hub pinch bolts seeing as I took the threads out of one so it's been loose since I done the struts lol, meh, the hub didn't fall off. lol

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange021.jpg]

Also loosened and shifted both top mounts to the right a few mm, and this has pulled the steering wheel back straight again. Yay. Wink

Fitted - and colour coded the calipers while I was there, no idea how long the paint will last though. Not to everyones taste but I kinda like the subtlety as I'm getting old now.

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange022.jpg]

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange023.jpg]

[Image: ScrapStuffandBrakeChange024.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A tidy example tom. You could always pipe up a OEM style cooler set up and run a limited torque map. I've never had reliability issues, never popped a hose .....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
are they china blue callipers tom? look quite good but doubt it will last long.

Do like pagid discs when they are brand new. Look good painted silver!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks Arron, its not quite so good close up but meh, not bad for a 12 year old car. Smile I'm not gonna stage 2 it though - cos I'd get carried away and want a better turbo/exhaust etc as well! lol

And Niall, yeah they are china calipers lol. I wasn't gonna buy any paint - and Ford signal green or some random orange that I found in the shed would've both been too bright lol. I did find some platinum afterwards though! Doh I doubt it'll last as well, first jetwash I expect it all to come off lol.

And yeah, shame the disc paint comes off soon as you brake lol. They have bed in much better now though, no wobble and they actually slow the car down...which is kinda useful lol.
Thanks given by:
disc paint? Ill see you tomorrow buddy and we can fly eyes your rear lights if ive got enough! Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate china blue xu7jp4 Elfyno 9 3,884 21-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Elfyno
  306 China Estate. seanyleary 15 3,291 27-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  China HDI Estate tomcannon 57 15,115 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim