China HDI Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China HDI Estate
Hi there, I have said hello in the newbies section and thought I would start my project thread.

I picked her up yesterday and the first thing I did was give it a good clean and check over today, she has very light scratches all over so could do with a good MOP.

Anyway, here's some pics as she stands today.

See how high she stands up front compared to the rear, any ideas on rough height difference? I want to drop the front to match the rear but not sure how much it needs.

[Image: IMG_0912.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0913.jpg]

Here's a picture of the beam which was put on for the last MOT, I'm not sure why I took this photo, hoping maybe someone could shed some light on why she's so low on the rear, not that the photo would help to identify this!

[Image: IMG_0915.jpg]

Fog needs replacing.

[Image: IMG_0910.jpg]

Engine bay.

[Image: IMG_0909.jpg]

The rear wiper motor didnt work and the wiper was snapped so I decided to remove totally for now, I'll see how I fair without one and may find a replacement, but it looks nice without.

[Image: IMG_0916.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0917.jpg]

So that's it so far and this is what I intend to do:

Drop the front, preferably on Eibach's, roughly 40mm to match rear. DONE
Sort body work, pull out dents and MOP, then decide which panels need replacing.
Replace drivers mirror cap with a china one.
Remove pointless cone filter and install K&N panel filter. DONE
Re-spray roof bars matte black. DONE
Spray tow bar matte black. DONE
Replace passenger fog as its rusted. DONE
Remove rear wiper. DONE
Remove drivers rear mud flap. (Passengers is missing and I prefer the look without.)
And to finish it off nicely, a remap. (Although this may happen first!!!)

If I can do the above before summer I will be happy, then:

Rear tints.
Black masks.
New summer alloys, either challengers, those similar pug ones (I forget the name, 16"), or refurbed cyclones.

As for the K&N I'm not sure what to do with it, keep or remove? Bear in mind it's getting a remap soon as so would the K&N help for better performance gains or would I be better off with standard box and K&N panel filter? Unless it's going to help after the remap I would prefer to remove it, Im not a fan. Although maybe I should keep it because it add's 10BHP over the standard setup!!! (or so the women selling the 'state told me while I was test driving! :liar: ) I couldnt help but laugh.

Hope you all like, It should look nice once I get stuff sorted.

Any help, compliments or criticism is much appreciated guys, Tom.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... It has WORKING Air Con! :o
Thanks given by:
fine example there pal!
as for the rear, it seems a fairly standard ride height to me, doesnt look lowered or raised...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
That beam is the same as a gti beam, so if it was replaced, it might have been replaced with a lowered beam
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:fine example there pal!
as for the rear, it seems a fairly standard ride height to me, doesnt look lowered or raised...

Cheers mate, fair enough, I'm certainly not complaining it just seems lower than any other 306 I've owned, is it just an estate thing, extra weight maybe? Either way, saves me lowering it I suppose! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:That beam is the same as a gti beam, so if it was replaced, it might have been replaced with a lowered beam

Ahh I see, that's what I was thinking. I think this is the logical explanation.
Thanks given by:
[Image: peugeot-306-estate-1-8-meridian-5dr-ac-1...40x480.jpg]

If yours is lowered, only by about 10-20mm, taking into account the donor car it could come through, the extra estate HDI weight could cause this - looks spot on though Wink
Thanks given by:
Looks really nice mate! Best colour too!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:[Image: peugeot-306-estate-1-8-meridian-5dr-ac-1...40x480.jpg]

If yours is lowered, only by about 10-20mm, taking into account the donor car it could come through, the extra estate HDI weight could cause this - looks spot on though Wink

Oooh thats a tidy example, who's is that? I do like diablo, my first was a diablo. I think it seem's the same height as mine really so probably standard.
Thanks given by:
I'm now on my 3rd estate, and they have all been that height at the rear. A 40mm drop on the front will get it nice and level!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:I'm now on my 3rd estate, and they have all been that height at the rear. A 40mm drop on the front will get it nice and level!

Sweet, 40mm was my estimate too, do eibach do a 40mm drop? If not what springs would you recommend guys?

Cheers, Tom.
Thanks given by:
tomcannon Wrote:Oooh thats a tidy example, who's is that? I do like diablo, my first was a diablo. I think it seem's the same height as mine really so probably standard.

googles ninja

but thats just an example - check out Cully's estate and dum-dums old estate, whoever owns that now - VERY clean examples of estates. oh and chap called Warlord0, but he's not here, he has responsibilites elsewhere
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
tomcannon Wrote:Oooh thats a tidy example, who's is that? I do like diablo, my first was a diablo. I think it seem's the same height as mine really so probably standard.

googles ninja

but thats just an example - check out Cully's estate and dum-dums old estate, whoever owns that now - VERY clean examples of estates. oh and chap called Warlord0, but he's not here, he has responsibilites elsewhere

I have read all three project threads a fair few times and have collected a few ideas from them all, very nice, I really liked dum-dums, I think it was the rinjanis. I may have to get some black ones to match the masks.

Unfortunately mine is not as clean as those were (or at least looked in picture). Mine has a fair few marks and scrapes which needs sorting first, but hey, all in good time.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a nice straight motor!

Good luck with the mods mate should be a nice motor!

and get the engine bay cleaned! haha
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Do not put black wheels on it... please
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
The engine bay will be getting cleaned soon as I get time and it isn't bloody raining! Dont worry Connor, I've had a change of heart about the dark wheels, I think silver suits the china really well, but I also think the black masks do! I'm thinking a darker than standard (but not too dark) silver. But that's a while down the road yet as I want to get the other bits sorted first so plenty of time to deliberate.
Thanks given by:
Anthracite?
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Anthracite?

I really dont know yet, I'm gonna have a real good think. Plus whatever wheels I buy, probably challengers or similar will most likely be silver to start so I'll see what they look like silver 1st and base it on that. I might just get a mint set, not bother with a re-spray and forget aout the black masks.

Tom.
Thanks given by:
All meridian estates sit nose up by about 20mm as standard.

Mine looked alot more level with 40mm springs on the front.

Before
[Image: MyEstate050.jpg]

After
[Image: MyHDiestate053.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:All meridian estates sit nose up by about 20mm as standard.

Mine looked alot more level with 40mm springs on the front.

[Image: MyHDiestate053.jpg]

That's really nice, I like the dark wheels. Argh, I'm really stuck in two minds what colour wheels to go for. Maybe meet in the middle, what do you all think of shadow chrome? Like this for example:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 7376149967

Sorry about the lack of link, I'm on the phone.
Thanks given by:
IMO I think they look awesome!!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:IMO I think they look awesome!!!!!

I do too! But everyone I seem to have said it to has thought I was taking the piss! Ah well, if I like it then that's all that matters. Hopefully
I can find a decent cheap set that need a refurb and I think that'll
Be my choice. Then I can get my black masks and tints to match! ninja
Thanks given by:
The wheels actually look quite good like that!
Thanks given by:
A quick "I'm bored" Mockup!

[Image: Mock-up.jpg]

I apologise for my poor photoshop skills! Feel free to show me how it's done!

Tom.
Thanks given by:
Could look good with some more lows!
Thanks given by:
IMO any much lower than that, would look silly, but thats me and I dont like the tyre being in the arch...
Thanks given by:
I dont htink that is even lowered at all?
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:I dont htink that is even lowered at all?

It las been slightly in that 'shop. I only want a 40mm drop to match the rear really, I'm the same as Connor, don't like the tyre in the arch look either.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough! Its more practical tht way!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Fair enough! Its more practical tht way!

And better looking
Thanks given by:
Hmmm not sure if I agree there!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate china blue xu7jp4 Elfyno 9 3,861 21-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Elfyno
  306 China Estate. seanyleary 15 3,242 27-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012 Toms306 263 86,001 27-04-2013, 04:26 PM