306 China Estate.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 China Estate.
So the Gti6 had to go due daily commute going from 100 miles a week to 100 miles a day. So I purchased this fine machine with the dw8 69bhp engine, for very little.

[attachment=13398][attachment=13397]

So black mask's were first
[attachment=13399]
[attachment=13400]
[attachment=13401]

Flush bonnet and grill in paint at the min,
205 Speedlines painted white and ready for tyre's
and 60mm springs ready for fitting (today maybe)
Thanks given by:
Good start chap what's next? 15s in my own experience always look too small on a estate I've had 17s and wide 16s on my 2 always seems to suit but each to there own
Thanks given by:
60mm Springs were done yesterday, have to say i was a little worried when I had the old springs out and had them sitting beside the new ones. 170mm difference in the height but happy with the height at the front now. Ill lower the back next weekend. The back sits lower that hatchbacks anyway so 30mm at the back should be loads.

[attachment=13402]

I have a set of 15" 205gti speedline's knocking about so have painted white and ready for tyres so should have them on this week. I do agree that 16" or MAYBE 17" wheel's will look better so I am on the look out for the 307 16" 5 spoke wheels (not sure what there called) but the speedline's will do for the minute as there free.

Picking up the flush bonnet and grill tomorrow evening.

Roof bar removal, Laguna splitter and possibly flush boot is the plan for the plan in the next few weeks.

Ok Just spotted your created the original mean looking estate, would love to say i could get it looking like that, but my enthusiasm will inevitably fade in a few months. Top top work
Thanks given by:
Don't remove and weld up roof bars lol more hassle than its worth
Thanks given by:
Bonnet and grill done.

[attachment=13403]
Thanks given by:
New Wheels

http://instagram.com/p/kJ-HuTqPs2/

http://instagram.com/p/kJ-D8kKPst/
Thanks given by:
When you post a ling for an image, put [img] at the front and [/img] at the end Wink

Car looks smart though! Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Doesn't seem to work when linking from instagram Grant.... Nospeak

Your best bet Sean, is to upload your images direct to the forum using the uploader underneath the text entry box in full editor mode. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
OK think I have it now. Cheers Lad's
[attachment=13396]
[attachment=13395]
Thanks given by:
Thats the kiddy, glad you managed to work it out. Smile

Looks good mate, liking your plans. As for the 307 wheels, i assume you mean these:

[Image: Wheels.jpg]

They're called Ariannes, but i reckon the speedlines suit the estate pretty damn well imo. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That looks pretty epic on the white speedlines to be fair, although you need a picture without the funny effects..

I nearly put Ariannes on my estate, think they would suit it well, was just put off by the need for spacers.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
The picture effects were to hide the shit bodywork.
[attachment=13404]
[attachment=13405]
Thanks given by:
What a beast. I liked it with the silver crystals tbh.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 01:26 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Thats the kiddy, glad you managed to work it out. Smile

Looks good mate, liking your plans. As for the 307 wheels, i assume you mean these:

[Image: Wheels.jpg]

They're called Ariannes, but i reckon the speedlines suit the estate pretty damn well imo. Big Grin
Thats them alright, I have just been put off with talk of spacers though. I general lose interest in a car 6 months after buying it so I have to move fast. xud d'turbo engine is the next job probably next month.

Until then tidy up the front bumper, splitter and see if I can pick up a spare boot lid to attempt the flush boot mod.

(08-02-2014, 01:46 PM)SRowell Wrote: What a beast. I liked it with the silver crystals tbh.

LOL BEAST easy knowing you hav'nt drove it. GTI6 to DW8 is a shock to the system. Yes silver is the best color but this one was beside me and cheap.
Thanks given by:
So picked up a xud with a lucas pump for free and the rebuild has started. Head is gone for some love and attention, and I HOPE to do the rest myself. So far I have got HDI gearbox, Xantia manifold, TD04L turbo and a bosch pump and injectors (but no line, If anyone has some much appreciated). Cylinders look good but since I'm this far might do the rings and shell bearings.
Plate made for mounting new turbo to manifold.
Need a rebuild kit for my Turbo if anyone can recommend a website or ebay seller as I know most ebay kits are crap.
With the bosch injectors will a good clean be ok or is the any parts worth replacing? I split one and there is not much to them.
LDA modified and gov mod attempted but ended badly as i broke the cradle so need to find a f@#ked pump somwhere.
Also from reading around removing the wastegate is the easiest way to go with this conversion and if there is one thing i like its easy.
Plan to make a custom 2.5 exhaust with some sort of backbox and pick up a FMIC along the way also.
Thanks given by:
Really like the white and china look Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate china blue xu7jp4 Elfyno 9 3,869 21-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Elfyno
  Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012 Toms306 263 86,304 27-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  China HDI Estate tomcannon 57 15,053 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM