Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012
(09-11-2012, 08:38 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: Ahh you only need to see where your going, not where you've been! Lol

This.

Also, if your that fussed about the rear window being clear of rain, do what i do, and keep a squeegee in the boot! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure how effective a squeegie is at 60mph while the bad air stream is throwing mud, shit and water all over the window. Tongue

I hate not being able to see people giving me a flash or the wanker sign after I've overtaken them. lol
Thanks given by:
Rain-X on the rear window as well as the fronts, doesnt keep the water off the window, but makes visibility much better than without it.
Thanks given by:
Rain x is a lot of effort when I could just use the wiper..... Wink
Thanks given by:
Whatever, its your choice at the end of the day mate. My wiper motor was crap anyway, kept running even when the stalk was switched off, so I just took the motor out! lol
Thanks given by:
Haha typical 306...I have two old motors here that do that, bought loads over the years as they kept getting wet and failing lol
Thanks given by:
Rain x FTW!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update -

The drivers speaker still doesn't work with another speaker. 'Possibly' headunit wiring, but also theres a thin blue wire hanging out underneath the dash by the pedals, don't suppose this was the speaker wire lol?

Anyway -

Washers and wipers before -

[Image: ChinaestateAngels127.jpg]

And after -

[Image: ChinaestateAngels128.jpg]

Also stick the angels on....was worried I'd got old and boring like CAR, but yes I still like them! Big Grin

Before -

[Image: ChinaestateAngels129.jpg]

And after....only problem is it got dark and my phone camera is crap lol, they don't photograph well at all tbh.

[Image: ChinaestateAngels132.jpg]

[Image: ChinaestateAngels133.jpg]

This arrived yesterday too....my mum was a little concernred about what might be in the package! lol

[Image: ChinaestateAngels104.jpg]

Also, finally found a use for swallows, too much shit in the garage to get the ladder in but 4 swallows are the ideal height for getting to the garage loft. Big Grin

[Image: GolfShellChinaEstate143.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice to see it arrived ok mate now get out in the cold and get it fitted Wink

Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 06:24 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Nice to see it arrived ok mate now get out in the cold and get it fitted Wink

Was gonna fit it this evening....until I stood in the pile of dog shit right by the bumper!! Dodgy Gonna wait till its on the drive before fitting it now...seems the ideal time while the oils draining as I've bought £75 of service parts for it for tomorow or Tuesday.
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate Smile i put all the bolts to hold it on inside wraped up did you get them ok? Smile

Thanks given by:
Haven't unwrapped it yet mate! lol

But the packaging seems fine so they're probably there...i usually just use cable ties though tbh, but as the screws are there I'll use them. Cheers. Smile
Thanks given by:
No worrys mate was a pita to wrap Smile

Thanks given by:
Drivers door speaker is likely a damaged door loom. Pull back the boot from the body and inspect for broken wires.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Ive already done that Chris, couldn't see any wires but could be broken on the bit you cant see!
Thanks given by:
They look like the same cheapo aero wipers I got for the DT, £7.95 for all 3 delivered off eBay?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
They're genuine Bosch aerotwins, cheeky git! Tongue

About 15 quid the pair from Ecp with discount though.....and last forever unlike the ebay ones lol.
Thanks given by:
yup aero twins are pretty win. Had them on several cars and they last ages. Had valeo ones on my old 306 and they lasted about 5 minutes!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That dog had good taste, obviously choosing to shit there after noticing your eBay headlights... Hehehe

Must invest in some AeroTwins ASAP, my current wipers are shocking.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The shit was there beforehand lol, dunno why people can't clear up after their own f*cking dog on my garden, think I'll go shit on thier lawn if I ever catch them....it'll deffo be a double bagger! lol

But yeah aerotwins are ace, had them on most 306s and both golfs, never had either set wear out!
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 05:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: And after....only problem is it got dark and my phone camera is crap lol, they don't photograph well at all tbh.

No Tom, they don't photograph well with ANY camera Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's probably true. Tongue. But they look awesome in real life lol.....imo anyway. lol
Thanks given by:
these are the incredibly rare AEM lights iirc! Good to see them off the shelf for once!
Thanks given by:
ABM, and yes, you can't buy them in UK unless you go through a foreign ebay site. As said I really like them, as tuey aren't the usual chrome chavvy shite. But as they photograph so badly unless people see them in Tue flesh they're not gonna know.
Thanks given by:
Who is Chris? I'm Simon Tongue check the plugs and the wires in the door too. Mine played up a while ago and then fixed itself.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 09:06 AM)C2K Wrote: Who is Chris? I'm Simon Tongue check the plugs and the wires in the door too. Mine played up a while ago and then fixed itself.

For some reason I thought you were called Chris! Confused lol

Trying to find a wiring diagram on here so I can check continuity from the headunit to the speaker atm. Struggling with the search though lol.
Thanks given by:
Haynes wil have the wiring diagram
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Very good point Samass! I just ripped the stereo out and looked anyway lol, they're the red and yellow ones.

Anyway, some updation today!

First gave it a service as its about 10k since it had one, filters weren't as bad as I was expecting tbh (nothing like the ones on Rowells!) but the aux belt was a littl eworse for wear lol.

[Image: ChinaestateService018.jpg]

[Image: ChinaestateService019.jpg]

While I was there noticed the inner arch liner is missing on drivers side and the main one is broken. Sad

[Image: ChinaestateService024.jpg]

Also missing the bag thats usually on here?

[Image: ChinaestateService025.jpg]

Moved on to trying to fit the aux belt by myself this time....erm yeah, the spanner pinged off the tensioner and of all the places it could land.....

[Image: ChinaestateService026.jpg]

[Image: ChinaestateService027.jpg]

Sods law 'eh!

Anyway I done it....routed the wrong way round the tensioner so had to do it again lol, but anyway its done now!

Didn't get the splitter done but heres the before pics ready for it lol.

[Image: ChinaestateService028.jpg]

Also my GTi shocks arrived today thanks to jdmsport on here! So now I have the shocks, top mounts and droplinks...but no 40mm springs currently! Sad

Anyway thats todays stuff updated. Smile
Thanks given by:
Thought I better update this, still haven't washed it so no pics atm, but heres the list of whats been done so far! Smile

(07-11-2012, 07:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Problems currently -

Seat hieght adjustment broken - not sure how/if to sort - Replaced height adjuster for scrapyard one...seat stays still now!
Handbrake feels a bit loose - will tighten itTightened
Aux belt looks old and starting to crack - will be changed with serviceBelt replaced....tensioner became really noisy though so replaced that also
Accelerator is really light compared to Sams, not sure if the pedal needs tightening to the bulkhead or if Sams is just unusually heavy lolGot used to this - no action required
Oil just reaches the dipstick - err I'll top it up obvServiced anyway
Bonnet release handle doesnt 'spring' back so the bonnet bounces - just remember to push the handle closed againMeh...I'll live with this
Drivers door speaker inop - hopefully broken speaker, at worst broken loom.Broken wire in door loom, now fixed

So thats the probs out the way, next up mods - now I've really gotta NOT get carried away with this...but I know I will lol. So everything has to be free or cheap as poss!

Swallows - Change for my 'clones with chrome bolts and lockers - FreeNow 'cloned
Brakes - They'll have to go blue obviously, unless I change to GTi fronts but unlikely - Still have the hammerite - FreeStill need to do this
Wipers - Aerotwins - will have to check i charged Sam for the ones on the diablo, if I didn't I'll swap 'em over - FreeAerotwin'd now
Washers - Xsara mist jets - in my shed - FreeXsara jet'd now
ABM angels - Just to please CAR - FreeFitted
Front GTi splitter - in the postFitted
Audio - Will swap my headunit and front speakers from the diablo to the china, possibly find out if any of my JBLs etc will fit the rear - FreeHeadunit and front speakers fitted, will leave the rear for now
Ph2 skinny headrest - Gonna be cheeky and ask Sam if I can swap with the fat ph3 headrests from one of his cars lol - Free (I hope!)Still have these hard uncomfortable headrests Sad
Stage 1 remap - Hoped to use the map I put on the diablo but typically is the wrong damn code!! Might have to buy another for mine then lol - Cheap hopefullyOn a Whippy 120 now
Decat - Try and find one used somewhere - cheap hopefully!Not sure whether its worth it as I won't be going stage 2
Service - Due in about 3k, oil and filters, also aux belt - cheap as possDone
Battery - Bought one for the diablo for peace of mind, didnt charge it Sam so I'll swap that onto the china - FreeDone
Debadge the letters - FreeNeed to do this before washing/polishing/waxing
Rear wiper - Gonna see if the Golf wiper arm and aeroblade will fit, it still uses the same washer system - FreeDone
Lowering - Need the rear std height so it doesnt scrape with a load, gonna hopefully go 40mm front on JJs Apex springs with some GTi shocks - Not so cheap lolIn the process of doing....
Rear bumper/fog - May eventually replace these for undamaged ones but not for now.Meh, lol.

So yeah thats about it atm! Smile
Thanks given by:
Dammit, i was hoping you might come up with a solution to the bonnet release. Dodgy lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate china blue xu7jp4 Elfyno 9 3,868 21-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Elfyno
  306 China Estate. seanyleary 15 3,263 27-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  China HDI Estate tomcannon 57 15,051 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim