Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306's China HDi Estate 2012
That vectra would look well on some of them snowflake wheels.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
I've bought it for comfort....I agree they look good on jordans vec....but I like the comfort....plus I just bought a new £100 rainsport for the 16s (were new rainsports on it when I got it) so those tyres/wheels should last me. Smile

I've lost any interest or motivation in modding cars now anyway tbh. So I'll just leave it standard. Probably won't keep it as long as I'd aimed for anyway if I'm honest.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2013, 10:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: As with all cars you get good ones and bad ones. Some.people get good hdi estates, I got a bad one lol. Some people get good 106s, I got a bad one. Some people get....well you get the idea. Tongue

If golfs hadn't been so ridiculously high priced to buy I would have had another. But the choice between a 12 year old high miler golf or a 6 year old top spec average mile Vec/mondeo it wasn't a difficult choice lol! Golfs are nice, but they certainly aren't worth that much in my opinion.

So I'm trying something completely new to me, had no luck with pugs, vag is nice but way overpriced so trying out vaux now... Smile

good for you in trying a different car make, lets hope all is well for you this time, you never know you mite want a nice saxo xud and make a vts replica. as I know you don't like to rev a car over 4K rpm or 2k rpm if its a derv. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 07:43 PM)procta Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 10:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: As with all cars you get good ones and bad ones. Some.people get good hdi estates, I got a bad one lol. Some people get good 106s, I got a bad one. Some people get....well you get the idea. Tongue

If golfs hadn't been so ridiculously high priced to buy I would have had another. But the choice between a 12 year old high miler golf or a 6 year old top spec average mile Vec/mondeo it wasn't a difficult choice lol! Golfs are nice, but they certainly aren't worth that much in my opinion.

So I'm trying something completely new to me, had no luck with pugs, vag is nice but way overpriced so trying out vaux now... Smile

good for you in trying a different car make, lets hope all is well for you this time, you never know you mite want a nice saxo xud and make a vts replica. as I know you don't like to rev a car over 4K rpm or 2k rpm if its a derv. Tongue

Yeah.... I've owned it two weeks I think, already had a snapped spring, ruined tyre, duff thermostat and now an engine electrics light. Going much better this time.... lol

[Image: Breaking3065022_zpsc8bb50fa.jpg]

[Image: VectraandBridge017_zps3f691335.jpg]

[Image: BrokenVectra083_zpsa9d4b021.jpg]

Can't see me keeping it long if I'm being totally honest. Shame because its a nice car to drive but it just doesn't give any confidence. On the plus side I fitted an engine crane in it yesterday by just dropping half the backseat...it really is huge inside lol. On the note of revving....I redlined it in 3rd yesterday! Confused
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 09:06 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Can't see me keeping it long if I'm being totally honest.

Tom you're f*cking priceless!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 09:14 AM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 09:06 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Can't see me keeping it long if I'm being totally honest.

Tom you're f*cking priceless!

lol

Wondered how long I could keep up the trolling about how wonderful it is this time.....it seems not long! Tongue

Problem is theres nothing at all I want to replace it with. There aren't any cars that I like tbh. As said the Vec is really nice to drive (imo) and has all the spec I could want except ESP/TC...but all of thats useless if I'm scared to drive it anywhere...its the same situation I got with the China HDi.

I'll persevere with it for now, and I'll plug my Diag machine in to see what the light is on for, but it's really not had the desired effect. I shoulda gone for the Mondeo instead I think.
Thanks given by:
Mondeo would have just had DMF failure instead :p

You're in a catch 22 now though, you won't get back what you paid for your Vec so if you don't keep it for a year or so then it's money wasted...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Would get back 3k for it easy tbh, there isn't another for that price round here. And its hot a lot going for it, huge spec, yearsMot, full service history, new tyres all round, recent dmf, egr etc

But as said, there's nothing I want to replace it with and I really can't deal with the hassle of changing cars again right now..
Thanks given by:
just wait till the egr valve thing acts up, your eyes will water with that one! un less its been removed. at least it keeps you busy, try sorting out a 20 year old rover.
Thanks given by:
Sorry Tom, you're kidding yourself if you think you could get that much for it.

When I bought the Focus I lost £400 in just 3 months of ownership. Went from £3,400 (what I paid) and sold at £3k.

Quick Autotrader search-
Vauxhall Vectra CDTi 150 Exclusiv - 67,000 miles, 06 plate, £2,900
95,000 miles, 04 plate, £1,995
60,000 miles, 05 plate, £2,200
83,000 miles, 05 plate SXi, £2,485
96,000 miles, 54 plate, SRi, £2,500
97,000 miles, 05 plate, SRi, £2,695
85,000 miles, 05 plate, SRi £2,700

You have to admit, they all make your car look very expensive...
Thanks given by:
Tom got owned there! But seriously should of stuck with hdi. If something goes you know what it is at least it's easier to repair as well
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 10:04 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Sorry Tom, you're kidding yourself if you think you could get that much for it.

When I bought the Focus I lost £400 in just 3 months of ownership. Went from £3,400 (what I paid) and sold at £3k.

Quick Autotrader search-

I think my mate just say got 3k for his, that was on a 55 plate with about 60k on the clock. I have to say it took some selling mind. as he nearly sold it for peanuts to a local garage just to get shot. his car was a Vauxhall Vectra CDTi 150 Exclusive
seen a few go thru the car auctions too for peanuts, that's what give my mate the boarder line price for his,
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 06:51 PM)procta Wrote: just wait till the egr valve thing acts up, your eyes will water with that one! un less its been removed. at least it keeps you busy, try sorting out a 20 year old rover.

EGR has been done. Wink

Although it could be that acting up again. If it it is I'll just blank it and find a map without it.

(05-04-2013, 10:04 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Sorry Tom, you're kidding yourself if you think you could get that much for it.

Quick Autotrader search-

Not really, thats like comparing a HDi LX to a HDi GTi6 (if they existed). Ofcourse those are cheaper. They're probably not at all local either.

Exclusiv is poverty spec hence the price (they even saved money by taking an 'e' off the badge).

SXi is poverty spec but with sports suspension (DTurbo essentially)

SRi is only good from the outside, especially on facelift which I'm guessing that is.

You have to look at Elite/Design spec in facelift to compare. Even then thats not the whole story is it, the DMF on mine is recent (unlike a 70k one where youre more than likely looking it failing soon...). The bodywork and interior are mint, and I don't mean 306 mint (bolster rips, flat carpets and scratched plastics) I mean showroom mint. It has nearly a years MOT left and full service history on yearlys rather than the awful longlife.

If you think its expensive I couldnt really care....personally I think you paid way over the odds for your HDi...and the Focus infact. I don't think it was overpriced at all, especially considering the new value and the price that other cars are still up for, I dont think it was a bargain either, just average price, and I don't have choice with the distance issue.

(05-04-2013, 10:33 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Tom got owned there! But seriously should of stuck with hdi. If something goes you know what it is at least it's easier to repair as well

Not even gonna bother saying it anymore. The HDi was a complete dog, which breaking has just highlighted even more.
Thanks given by:
tom, iam sure there is a replacement in let for the Vectra that does a way with the egr. I wont tell you what my mate was quoted for having the egr system removed.
Thanks given by:
Its OK Andy, turned out my EGR was lovely and clean anyway...factory fresh.... Confused

[Image: VectraEGR014_zps4e7e833b.jpg]

[Image: VectraEGR015_zpsd448f842.jpg]

Cleaned it out anyway, partly blanked it. Was apparenty only done last year but Im calling BS on that!

Also cleaned the MAP sensor...

[Image: VectraEGR013_zps5df4c184.jpg]

Whoever invented EGR systems needs shooting... Dodgy

Oh and after all that its still laggy and broken.....might be getting rid soon...

Also, its the swirlflaps in the inlet that are the expensive thing (they break due to the EGR shit though). There is a replacement mani but even that is starting to break now its a few years old. You can easily remove the EGR and map it out if you want to...swirl flaps arent quite so easy to deal with lol.
Thanks given by:
Lol i do love your way of thinking tom. Its broken so lets get rid. If i thought that at work, i would of been sacked ages ago!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 08:12 PM)Niall Wrote: Lol i do love your way of thinking tom. Its broken so lets get rid. If i thought that at work, i would of been sacked ages ago!

Its how its broken though mate...look up Vectra CDTi swirl flap repair and you'll see lol....

I've spent the last couple of weeks fixing it anyway lol! Couple more things to try but after seeing that EGR, it doesn't look good for the flaps! I've never seen an EGR that bad though, even on a 140k PD...how the hell do they get that bad? Is that granny driving or something? I know it works mostly at idle/low speed cruise...
Thanks given by:
yep, I remember my mate having problems with the swirl flap and egr valve. tom he bought a replacement egr and it still acted up. I think its down to a bad design tom tbh, tom you do make a good car breaker, its broke so lets break the car. I recon if you had a farm or some place with a lot of land it will be like this, with every car you have owned.
[Image: 002-16.jpg]
[Image: 003-11.jpg]
[Image: 004-11.jpg]
[Image: 005-8.jpg]
[Image: 006-10.jpg]
[Image: 007-7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
EGR itself is a bad design!! Good idea n theory but in practice it just fills the inlet with shit and breaks things.

I do quite like breaking cars lol, it wouldnt look like that though, I like getting rid of the shell asap. Big Grin If it wasn't so much hassle to set up my own breaking buisness I'd probably give it a go tbh.

Wasted my time cleaning the EGr etc anyway, still laggy! Think its very slightly quicker though. Before and after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umYosXIvrzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxHTPkn5...e=youtu.be

Bit of kisstory on in 2nd vid lol
Thanks given by:
me and my mate talked about car breaking but its cash with us. we would split every thing down the middle and invest the rest into business.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 07:29 PM)procta Wrote: me and my mate talked about car breaking but its cash with us. we would split every thing down the middle and invest the rest into business.

Only just read this lol, bit late I know.

But yeah I think it'd be pretty interesting, I learnt a lot more from ripping the golf apart than I did from some of the college practicals lol.

Putting them back together correctly is where I struggle though. lol
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 04:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 07:29 PM)procta Wrote: me and my mate talked about car breaking but its cash with us. we would split every thing down the middle and invest the rest into business.

Only just read this lol, bit late I know.

But yeah I think it'd be pretty interesting, I learnt a lot more from ripping the golf apart than I did from some of the college practicals lol.

Putting them back together correctly is where I struggle though. lol

take photos tom, how do you think I put the rover back together lol.
Thanks given by:
Should of bought a vectra.

Oh... yeah...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2013, 04:14 PM)Tom Wrote: Should of bought a vectra.

Oh... yeah...

Should 'have'....

Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate china blue xu7jp4 Elfyno 9 3,868 21-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Elfyno
  306 China Estate. seanyleary 15 3,263 27-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  China HDI Estate tomcannon 57 15,051 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim