The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap
(13-01-2013, 08:32 PM)Kwik Wrote: dum sack of the 6x9's your better then that lol.

Focal's is the way forward you heard mine and nialls why you slacking hard?

And round speakers sound better then ovals fact...........

Exactly this. 6x9s are shit. Vibe arnt great!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So erm, Ive been paid and my eBay purchase list is looking rather full;

Electronic boost controller (f*cking expensive)
Manual boost controller
Inside/Outside thermometer (or outside/boost temp)
Silicone hoses
3" V-band clamp and flanges
A pair of 136db twin horns (yep thats 4 horns)
Tints
Wind deflectors
A f*ck load of AN4 fittings and stainless hose
Turbo drain adapter and hose.
Some toys for work
And some shinys for a project that I haven't started posting here yet.

Oh, and Ive bought a 306 pump to go with my transhit pump so that'll be getting built by Darren when hes not busy.

So when that little lot turns up the only things left to buy for fitting the turbo will be exhaust pipe sections and some thick steel plate for flanges oh and the bits to relocate the battery.
Thanks given by:
lol looking forward to hearing those horns. Just not on my road.
Thanks given by:
LOL i might do just for lols

Its a pair of these (I had one fitted to my HDi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MYWHVtu3M

Might get another pair next month depending on how loud these actually are.
Thanks given by:
Dum, I've got a spare set of focals sat at home boxed and as far as I know only ever test fitted one speaker then the guy changed his mind. The box says £290 new I'll take £100. Only downside is you'll need spacer rings as they're 110mm mids and separate tweeter combo so you're going to need a sub in the boot
Thanks given by:
what next.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ive got a triple airhorn set i have yet to put on simply because i cant think of anywhere to put them. where are you planning to fit 4?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Chris you realise right you wont end up with 272db of horn power right? Its completely pointless having 2 sets.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Two sets wont directly double the db rating but surely 2 will still be miles louder than just 1?
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 11:17 PM)Dan! Wrote: Two sets wont directly double the db rating but surely 2 will still be miles louder than just 1?

Nope. You may find a slight increase but nothing major. Id be surprised if it made over 145db
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Decibels are logarithmic.

That meaning for a double increase in sound pressure (decibel) output at a given distance, you need a 10x increase in power input...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hPLkO3h...r_embedded

knew this video would come in handy one day other than proving customers wrong lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 11:10 PM)Niall Wrote: Chris you realise right you wont end up with 272db of horn power right? Its completely pointless having 2 sets.

You should know better than to question his math by now, just accept it and move on
Thanks given by:
Yeah I do know it wont double, id he surprised if it hit 140 but I am aware that horns are directional so I can have 2 each side, one forwards and one sideways.
Thanks given by:
So swapped the rear speakers this afternoon. f*ck me the old ones were shagged, you can see where the suspension round the cone has cracked, one of the speakers was completely unattached. Thats gotta be half the reason for it sounding so terrible.

New ones were a pain because of the size of the magnets, had to bend and batter the metal of the rear shelf to get the hole large enough that the speakers would drop in (and its still not perfect). Fitting the speakers in the upper shelf was easy, the irwin knife just cut straight through.

I cant get a pic of them in the car cos its snowing and they dont photograph well from inside. Im dreadding taking apart the fronts and finding out how bad they are. I dont suppose having the speakers rated to 35w and then running a 50w per channel stereo through them flat out has done them alot of good..
Thanks given by:
That head unit wont be putting out 50w a channel. Please for god sake dont buy vibe speakers for the front!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with Vibes if all you want is a slight upgrade over OEM.

I need to source some replacements as my speakers have had it too Sad
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
i actually think new genuine pug speakers sound much better than vibes!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
well i think for the money vibe are quite good. even the cheaper fli series dont sound that bad concidering what you pay.
Thanks given by:
I have exactly the same set of 6x9's in my car. Vibe black airs and tbh they're really not that bad! And I think you'd be surprised if you hear them
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have heard them. There dull and not very clear!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
also, the vibe subwoofer range (cr i think) are truly outstanding. the twin 15 inch is out this world if you like MASSES of bass. tear you a new en and then pull your inerds out of your new hole.
Thanks given by:
It's not all about that though. some people like SQ (like me) and that's where they're lacking IMO. I need to refit my Focals at some point but can't decide where to put them.

But yeah, the Vibes would offer an upgrade over the ancient standard cracked ones!
Thanks given by:
Curt have you ever heard brand new pug ones? All the 306s ive seen have had shitty 10 year old ones that are wrecked but new ones actually sound surprisingly good!

Despite that, im a SQ whore and love my Focals to bits but im assuming that Chris doesn't want to spend the best part of £250 on some speakers and then you need a amp and sound deadening....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Im not massively into SQ, I find that the speakers always have to much high frequency when at big volume and that hurts my ears.

I might do the sound deadening in the front doors when i fit new speakers and im tempted by one of the alpine inline amps as the only reason i can see that they apparently only fit/work with alpine stereos is that it has an alpine plug on both ends.
Thanks given by:
Sound deadening is well worth it. Few bits on the roof skin, some cloud 9 in the boot and fully deaden the doors and you loose a substantial amount of road noise and when you shut the door, it sounds like a golf /gay
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
A 50w x 4 headunit will not put out 50 x 4 RMS. If anything it'd be around 30wrmsx4 and even then you shouldn't believe what your stereo brand state as power.

I try and run all my speakers through amps, only the rear shelf speakers are off the HU and they sound pants compared to amped front.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Rear speakers should only be for backfill anyway. You want the front speakers to be doing about 75-80% of the work and id recommend splitting your budget for all 4 speakers in the same fashion.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(20-01-2013, 08:15 PM)Niall Wrote: Rear speakers should only be for backfill anyway. You want the front speakers to be doing about 75-80% of the work and id recommend splitting your budget for all 4 speakers in the same fashion.

surly a little more should be spent on a decent set of componants up front? as you said, they do most the work as they are closer to your ears.
stageing will also help if your going for sq.
Thanks given by:
wow headunits power is rated as a max as a square wave! 12-15Wrms is miles more accurate. just obviously some sound better then others due to better fets used.

Sorry people who say the vibe stuff ain't bad even focal access ca1's tear vibe stuff a new one with no ky and they can be picked up for around £100 brand new. Even bloody alpine custom fits sound better then vibe stuff thats why they in my rear shelf for fill.

SQ is where it's at i know there is many ways to get there but jeeeeze vibe ain't one of them (their subs are ok though but not good enough for my needs).

/Rant over

Anyway dum don't get the alpine box amp you can buy a old school 4 channel for less that will be underrated and sound cleaner as a result. Is a bit more work but result is less cliped signals.
When a sound sounds harsh more often then not means it's damaging so turn it down!!!
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 306 project PH2 Sedan XLDT! DougalDT 31 5,389 24-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: DougalDT
  Bianca Sedan was Dragoon DTurbo Lolben91 55 12,355 24-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Orta
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,934 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum