Rear beam change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear beam change
right, chaning the beam on my d turbo on friday as it has developed some camber and its a ballache to change the bearings, so ive got a donor axle off another d turbo i bought. it says to disconnect the handbrake cable and brake lines. would i get away with removing the back plate with the 4 torx bolts or are the brake lines still in the way? any adivce appreciated.
cheers
Thanks given by:
ermmmm just take the brake lines off mate . . . .be easier i would say . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
but as ill be doing it myself will be a struggle to bleed the brakes etc, and the risk of bleed nipples snapping and not having a car for work. knowing my luck everything will go wrong
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2012, 11:22 PM)Jake949 Wrote: but as ill be doing it myself will be a struggle to bleed the brakes etc, and the risk of bleed nipples snapping and not having a car for work. knowing my luck everything will go wrong

Do you not know anyone that can come help bleed the brakes as it will make it 100% easier
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
well my brother wont be home from work until 4:30 and problem is where the donor car is there is no signal to get hold of him. ill see if it will work without removing the lines first, got all day to do it so if they have to be removed ill do it that way.
Thanks given by:
Just get some doofus of the street walking past I did Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
bitr hard when i live miles from anywhere in the middle of the mountains Speechless haha one downside of living here, but on the good side, when it snows- no work Tongue
Thanks given by:
You might be able to get away with it, but it will be a ball ache and will get in the way when refitting
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tbh i dont mind if its harder to fit, as im not sure if the brake lines and bleed nipples will actually loosen off or just round/snap. might have a work with a mate that the donor cars going to on the weekend to remove the bosch pump, subaru turbo and front mount to see if he could do it as hes done a few of them.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam wear Janne L 17 1,926 19-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Any help lowering my rear beam camoturd 0 716 04-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Last Post: camoturd
  Ever wondered what a knackered rear beam looks like? aaronshort 10 3,088 31-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Ollie