306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rear beam change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right, chaning the beam on my d turbo on friday as it has developed some camber and its a ballache to change the bearings, so ive got a donor axle off another d turbo i bought. it says to disconnect the handbrake cable and brake lines. would i get away with removing the back plate with the 4 torx bolts or are the brake lines still in the way? any adivce appreciated.
cheers
ermmmm just take the brake lines off mate . . . .be easier i would say . .Smile
but as ill be doing it myself will be a struggle to bleed the brakes etc, and the risk of bleed nipples snapping and not having a car for work. knowing my luck everything will go wrong
(16-10-2012, 11:22 PM)Jake949 Wrote: [ -> ]but as ill be doing it myself will be a struggle to bleed the brakes etc, and the risk of bleed nipples snapping and not having a car for work. knowing my luck everything will go wrong

Do you not know anyone that can come help bleed the brakes as it will make it 100% easier
well my brother wont be home from work until 4:30 and problem is where the donor car is there is no signal to get hold of him. ill see if it will work without removing the lines first, got all day to do it so if they have to be removed ill do it that way.
Just get some doofus of the street walking past I did Smile
bitr hard when i live miles from anywhere in the middle of the mountains Speechless haha one downside of living here, but on the good side, when it snows- no work Tongue
You might be able to get away with it, but it will be a ball ache and will get in the way when refitting
tbh i dont mind if its harder to fit, as im not sure if the brake lines and bleed nipples will actually loosen off or just round/snap. might have a work with a mate that the donor cars going to on the weekend to remove the bosch pump, subaru turbo and front mount to see if he could do it as hes done a few of them.