dturbo brakes are the worse in the world lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dturbo brakes are the worse in the world lol
It wasn't the brakes that were the problem Wink

You can make improvements to the bite, feel, feedback, fade resistance, and outright power of the brakes, but they still won't stop any faster than the tyres will let you Wink
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Trust me the standard Dtub/1.4 setup won't even lock the wheels and that's on braided hoses.
Thanks given by:
Ive locked them up plenty of times without braided lines
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Ive locked them up plenty of times without braided lines

Your a better man than me. I TRIED locking the set on my SLDT and just couldnt manage it, only ever tested on dry tarmac.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Trust me the standard Dtub/1.4 setup won't even lock the wheels and that's on braided hoses.

Trust me, a 1.4 setup in good condition will quite happily lock the wheels.

The problem is it sets on fire after a few stops.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
my dt brakes aint that bad Tongue

though, thats probably because they've like only recently been sorted out with new disks n that.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Trust me the standard Dtub/1.4 setup won't even lock the wheels and that's on braided hoses.
Might wanna bleed them then, should lock up easily...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:

THE_Liam Wrote:

That's interesting. All fresh brake fluid on mine, pedal is rock hard with the servo off. New discs and pads. I've never got any real positive feedback from them. It almost seems as if the master cylinder can't exert enough pressure to really make use of them.
Thanks given by:
If you cant lock the wheels up on 247mm's then either you have a problem, or your car has a problem.
Thanks given by:
Sounds more like the organic bit behind the steering wheel
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seat>Pedal Interface Error.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:
Rippthrough Wrote:

THE_Liam Wrote:

That's interesting. All fresh brake fluid on mine, pedal is rock hard with the servo off. New discs and pads. I've never got any real positive feedback from them. It almost seems as if the master cylinder can't exert enough pressure to really make use of them.
That's possible. The seals on the master cylinder can wear, or the cylinder can even split...
Point is, if you can't even lock the wheels under hard braking there's a serious problem. Get it to a proper mechanic pronto!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Cool I was hoping to upgrade to a GTI master cylinder anyway! Passes MOT fine though, so the brakes must be good enough.
Thanks given by:
GTi master cylinder will give you less braking force, not more.
Thanks given by:
For real? Damn. They are supposed to give less travel though, which is what I don't like about the smaller master cylinder, you always feel like you are over extending your foot when you press the brakes, especially if you've got long arms. The problem is the small master cylinder leaves you with a far bit of travel in the pedal before it actually applies the brakes which is annoying when you want a nice responsive feel when you press the pedal.
Thanks given by:
Small master cylinder should apply the brakes just as early, just have more travel through the braking range.

If yours has slack before it engages then you have a problem either in the pedal box/servo or the servo rod isn't adjusted properly (or somethings pushing fluid back through the system).
Probably why your brakes are so dire.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:If you cant lock the wheels up on 247mm's then either you have a problem, or your car has a problem.

Ill go back to my SLDT, the 247mms were shocking. Swapped to 266mm with halfrauds discs, pads and dot 4 fluid and they were amazing (comparitively)
Thanks given by:
Rofl, DT brakes are not brilliant I admit. But there not "shocking" on mine Tongue

Stops me fairly quickly and without the abs, would lock up easily.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've taxed worse.... Dum-Dum 18 3,734 08-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: swampy
  Car graveyards from around the world Herby7 5 1,690 08-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Worse car ever owned Hitchos 44 6,855 25-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset