dturbo brakes are the worse in the world lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dturbo brakes are the worse in the world lol
[Image: 002qxv.jpg]
[Image: 003jie.jpg]

4 days before christmas too lol not speeding not driving up the guys arse he slammed on for fook nows wat i hit him he drove off lol should of reported it but at the end of the day it was my fault so....
Thanks given by:
Agreed with fault thing and all that but if you went into the back of someone you were too close.
Always expect the unexpected and remember that noone ever crashed into space.
Next step bigger brakes ? :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry to be a cock haha but nah new bumper slam panel lights and maybe a rad and its all good :-)
Thanks given by:
fook that just new lights lol bend everything back for now im too poor atm rad is fine but fans are knackered. bumper is fine just needs a bit of a spray its like i hit somthing high up rather than a low saxo. i wasnt too close! i was just slow to re act not sure why think my brain just went in auto pilot mode :/ im kind of happy he ran away he didnt seem to notice i hit him Confused he just drove off lol its bad to say but insurance companys dont let u have a 2nd chance at my age.
Thanks given by:
and yeah bigger brakes as i reckon i hit him 10mph by the time i slammed on. so with bigger brakes i think it would of been a scratch at worse.
Thanks given by:
Standard DTurbo brakes are shocking. You need the 266mm set up off a HDi/XSi at least. Youll notice this makes a huge difference
Thanks given by:
Chain around the slam panel then the other end round a lamp post then reverse :-) jobs a good 'un
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Chain around the slam panel then the other end round a lamp post then reverse :-) jobs a good 'un

Get someone to watch the lamp post while you do this as the one near my house has got a bit of a lean on LOL.

Defo works though.
Thanks given by:
Regular DT brakes are very lacklustre but I am trying to see what I can do with them. I've got braided hoses, mintex discs but not pads and a standard master cylinder. It is an improvement but still lacklustre I plan to get Mintex pads when these pads wear out and I want to get a GTI master cylinder and see what difference that makes before going for bigger brakes and therefore adding more weight.
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Chain around the slam panel then the other end round a lamp post then reverse :-) jobs a good 'un
YES! are you a farmer by any chance? that is wat i did but i used the shed post, my m8s thought i was nuts when i told them lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:

This is how mine was repaired when my girlfriends dad drove into the back of me 8 days after I got the car! Works well!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
liam doidge Wrote:
YES! are you a farmer by any chance? that is wat i did but i used the shed post, my m8s thought i was nuts when i told them lol Big Grin
haha not a farmer but i know some good bodges Big Grin well some of them are good, just dont look under my engine bay Big Grin
Thanks given by:
i love my car but bodgeing is so much cheaper Big Grin and it all adds up plus who looks under the bonnet anyway lol
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Regular DT brakes are very lacklustre but I am trying to see what I can do with them. I've got braided hoses, mintex discs but not pads and a standard master cylinder. It is an improvement but still lacklustre I plan to get Mintex pads when these pads wear out and I want to get a GTI master cylinder and see what difference that makes before going for bigger brakes and therefore adding more weight.

I wouldnt bother with the 247's. Just cut your losses and upgrade. As dum dum said, 266's are a minimum but '6 breaks are spot on.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Drums or discs on the back? I think the 1.8 has something like 274mm on the fronts instead of the 244mm on 1.4. But there is a massive difference there so i presume its the rears discs.
Thanks given by:
1.8 will have 266mm as 274 doesn't exist on 306s
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:1.8 will have 266mm as 274 doesn't exist on 306s

Thats the badger! Seemed like a number bigger than 247 anyway Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I thought the brakes on my DT were decent actually, but I had a Corsa B before it so....
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Just to add further confusion, I thought the 1.8 only had 247mm discs at the front.

IIRC on the 306 the brake sizes were

All engines under 2.0 = 247mm and rear drums (ph1 has smaller drums than ph2/3)
All 2.0 ex GTi6 = 266mm and rear discs
GTi6 = 283mm and rear discs
Thanks given by:
Ph2s had the smaller drums too
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Just to add further confusion, I thought the 1.8 only had 247mm discs at the front.

IIRC on the 306 the brake sizes were

All engines under 2.0 = 247mm and rear drums (ph1 has smaller drums than ph2/3)
All 2.0 ex GTi6 = 266mm and rear discs
GTi6 = 283mm and rear discs

i was always under the impression all rear disks were the same?
Thanks given by:
They are, he's talking about front discs you twit lol
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I thought the brakes on my DT were decent actually, but I had a Corsa B before it so....
yeah they are shocking i got a 106 that stops in half the time proably a bit due to weight a 306 hdi estate alot better and then a 306 flat diesel and the brakes on it are amazing! dont see why they would be any differnt though but a mechanic did own it so mabye not original brakes. i also learnt on a 405, so basically a 306 and the brakes were alot better too.
Thanks given by:
^^^ 405s were lighter than 306s though
Thanks given by:
liam doidge Wrote:
i used a tree at the end of the road.. the council were not happy at all about that lol..
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:^^^ 405s were lighter than 306s though
were they???? i just asumed they were heaver as they were bigger or at least look bigger dont see many of them anymore :/ which is a shame.
Thanks given by:
im thoroughly lost...
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
After nearly kissing an R32s rear end one night, i swiftly upgraded to 283mm '6 jobbies and a 23mm master. Brilliant brakes,

R32 brakes > Dturb 247mm brakes, amonst other things Tongue
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
All 1.8 16v have 266mm front discs and rear disc beam, same as HDi

Not sure about 1.8 8v but i'd guess at them having a Dturbo setup
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
upgrade to gti6 breaks
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…