f*cking torsion bars!!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
f*cking torsion bars!!!!!!!
ok so all of this morning have been smashing at the torsion bars on the motor... I have a replacement GTI beam to strip them off... but thought I would start trying to pull the torsion bars out the dt one first... but have been smashing them with heat and full swing sledge hammer for like 2 hours now and they dont budge. So looks like I may have to swap the beams after all which I didnt want to do as its pretty damn rusty compared! Sad

/rant over
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not smacking them hard enough!

This is why I hate dealing with rear beams.... The theory is easy, in practice however...

Stick the GTi beam on... They have better geometry on the trailing arms anyway.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
need bigger hammer!

this is one reason I'm thinking of keeping mine standard height, never had the pleasure of lowering a 306 and not to keen on trying it either
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
woah woah woah!!! dont be running in there getting all physcial so soon, you gotta take it out for dinner first ,buy it flowers, pay it some compliments like "your camber is looking lovely in the moonlight", that'll help loosen the old girl up. Then you can get a fist or hammer in there and do some damage Makeup
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
One of Tom Fentons torsion bar pullers, if it doesn't draw them straight out, then put some pressure on with it then go around the other side and twat the bar with a big hammer to shock it as well, it'll move.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 05:57 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: One of Tom Fentons torsion bar pullers, if it doesn't draw them straight out, then put some pressure on with it then go around the other side and twat the bar with a big hammer to shock it as well, it'll move.

Is that the same thing KrisB uses? I remember he put a picture up before of this nifty little thing he uses for them :/
Thanks given by:
I seriously put some effort into it... sheared several tools tightening bolts into the end, smashing the f*ck out the trailing arms, and shes not budging. The trailing arms are now partially rounded on the body where I have been beating it.... settling for just a 30mm drop and the gti ARB for the time being until I can get down darrens, and maybe use his hydo puller....
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I think that's what I use, although not made by him as I can have them made at a third of the price and much quicker. Infact I can make them myself if I have the time.

Bring your t-bar to someone who knows the ropes... Before you damage anything with your massive hammer!
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's f*cking Friday!!! C.A.R. 16 3,239 31-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Last Post: SupaStar88
  General rant about stupid torsion bars Jukie88 27 4,357 24-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Stephen
  F*cking virgin media cpikey316_ 14 4,262 31-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Jonny b