went out today to try and make my handbrake better
so after collecting all the parts over a few weeks
it had to be done today and it was sunny so bonus

parts
2x disc's
4x pads
1x fitting kit
2x handbrake cables

so started off by removing the wheels and taking photos of the spring clips that retain the pads as i will/did forget there fitment

took it all apart and found the pad retaining pins seized so had to chisel them out so good job i bought a fitting kit

wind back pistons FTW!

cleaned it all up and refitted the new stuff referring to the spring clip pictures for reference

handbrake cables weren't to bad to replace had to remove the rear part of the centre console to access the 8mm adjusting nut on the back or the handbrake lever

my drivers side cable was broken on the outer sheath so it was a good job
had to chisel the outer ends out off the calliper fixed points but no biggie.

also what a crappy way of hanging cables by squeezing the metal clamp carriers until they bite the cable outers

went for a drive brakes feel better will wait till the pads bed in before i comment on the handbrake!

Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Changed vw polo rear brakes the other day, needed some special tool though to adjust the piston back far enough to get the pads on do you not need one of these for the 306?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
no nothing special as long as it fits into the slots i used an offcut of angle shelving to turn the pistons in
Thanks given by:
he he! ive got a handbrake that holds the car on a hill now, i can also do hillstarts without rolling back without ballancing the clutch
Thanks given by:
Enjoy it whilst it lasts lol won't be like that for long Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty vibration coming from the rear brakes johnny625 9 3,891 12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: johnny625
  What Rear Brakes Do I Have cateraxe 7 2,171 07-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Last Post: miles
  Rolling road - split driveshaft boot and binding rear brakes reduce power on graph? MY95 28 4,541 23-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Last Post: tigerstyle