What do you do for a living? :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do for a living? :)
(28-07-2012, 04:42 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Those PTS Crews are always grumpy, you'll fit right in Tongue

Cheeky cnut!

I'm always cheerful just take a dim view of certain people that decide to rip engines out for something with masses more power and not declaring it lol.

Nah but in all seriousness I am a cheerful person that will give everybody the time of day regardless of race, gender, sexual preferences etc. And I like to think I'm quite easy to get on with although I can at times be on a bit of a downer when the depression kicks in but that's quite rare nowadays!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol i think youd be one of the few that arent grumpy tbh, there are some very nice ladies in PTS too

you looking to go from PTS to being a paramedic ?
Thanks given by:
Yeh I've seen a few females that are certainly very fine that are in PTS/ETA work.

Yeh I would like to be a paramedic but don't have the qualifications to do it which really pisses me off in our division we have a paramedic that is thick as f*ck, shit maths etc...yet has all the qualifications necessary...I don't have the qualifications necessary yet I'd consider myself to be quite well educated so I want to get up to PTA or ETA standard as I've always wanted to do blue light transport for some unknown reason (think it's just so I can give the nose to tail traffic the middle finger!)

I should of been going for PTA last year but the woman that was doing the interviews claimed that I didn't have the relevant experience to do so yet her best friend who had just done his qualifications at the same time as me (same rank and everything) got through a treat, there was 3 positions on the course, her 3 mates were the only ones that got through despite 6 of us applying for it 2 failed and the other just got through by the skin of his teeth, as soon as they got through it turned out she was working for a private ambulance company and was poaching the ones that she had put through.

Thanks given by:
You do know PTS dont get blues right? Tongue

Never knew you had to have many qualifications for paramedic work?
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2012, 11:40 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: You do know PTS dont get blues right? Tongue

It's changed or is changing within St John Ambulance mate, because of the fact that you're transporting patients that have got dicky hearts etc you and I can both appreciate that they can be fighting fit one minute and arresting the next, even on PTA work so the drivers are all being put onto BTEC driving courses which will allow them to work on blues despite the fact that the ambulance services don't like it.

"The range of paramedic science courses at university varies in terms of entry requirements - but you will typically need a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including English, mathematics and/or a science) plus at least 2 A’ levels or equivalent qualifications. " is what I dug up, problem is I dropped out of school at 14 despite being a good pupil because I was stabbed and the school refused to do anything because there was a lack of evidence even though the cameras in school showed him follow me into the toilet and then run out a few seconds later. I did report it to the head master and the police but when the parents got wind of it they claimed he was being victimised because of his race (he was black) and not the fact that he'd just stuck a knife into my shoulder.

Thanks given by:
I close lanes on motorways for fun Big Grin
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 04:18 AM)TheGateKeeper Wrote: I close lanes on motorways for fun Big Grin
Oh do you now! Can you make the outside lane a 306 private runway for me please Wink
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 04:18 AM)TheGateKeeper Wrote: I close lanes on motorways for fun Big Grin

Don't suppose you had anything to do with the closed lane and 50mph average limit on the M1 this weekend just gone? Dodgy

Was in a hire van and got well tempted to do a bit of cone killing to keep me awake after the 90 millionth mile of being stuck at 50...

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 01:46 AM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(29-07-2012, 11:40 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: You do know PTS dont get blues right? Tongue

It's changed or is changing within St John Ambulance mate, because of the fact that you're transporting patients that have got dicky hearts etc you and I can both appreciate that they can be fighting fit one minute and arresting the next, even on PTA work so the drivers are all being put onto BTEC driving courses which will allow them to work on blues despite the fact that the ambulance services don't like it.

"The range of paramedic science courses at university varies in terms of entry requirements - but you will typically need a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including English, mathematics and/or a science) plus at least 2 A’ levels or equivalent qualifications. " is what I dug up, problem is I dropped out of school at 14 despite being a good pupil because I was stabbed and the school refused to do anything because there was a lack of evidence even though the cameras in school showed him follow me into the toilet and then run out a few seconds later. I did report it to the head master and the police but when the parents got wind of it they claimed he was being victimised because of his race (he was black) and not the fact that he'd just stuck a knife into my shoulder.

Didnt realise that mate, thought they were still running on the premise of it only being ambulances on major calls that were allowed to use them, should really keep up as i work with them lol

and thats a shitter about school mate i guess they wont consider it through experience working for PTS as that seems to be a good way in
Thanks given by:
I'm a engineer working as a civil servant *awaits bashing*.
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 03:52 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Didnt realise that mate, thought they were still running on the premise of it only being ambulances on major calls that were allowed to use them, should really keep up as i work with them lol

and thats a shitter about school mate i guess they wont consider it through experience working for PTS as that seems to be a good way in

Yeh it's all changed now that all this new CQC shit's come in and the new "Service Delivery Uniform" we have is f*cking shit I hate it as does everyone else in our division lmao black and whites were so smart...now we look like we belong in a f*cking Asda or Homebase!

Thanks given by:

Traffic womble?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Im a Quantity Surveyor. Worked for some of the biggest companies in the world, was lucky enough to work in Toronto, Canada for a year. Worked on schemes worth $350m and £120m as well as lots of multimillion pound projects. Currently working for a regional contractor on multiple projects of a smaller scale. Wanted to gain the experience at the other end of the scale.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2012, 06:35 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

Traffic womble?

He works for Amey on the road crews iirc. Think he had to come clear up all the powder that someone chucked on the road after I had my crash in the Dtub on the M5.
Thanks given by:
I'm a Facilities Co-ordinator, working for Johnson Controls. I currently manage the day-to-day running of BP's IT Headquarters near Heathrow, which is two buildings. I manage things like Cleaning, Vending, Maintenance requests, waste, meeting room management etc.

BP are such a pain in the backside, but it's never the same two days in a row!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm a continental coach driver of sorts... One day I might be taking a load of old dears to the seaside in a bus, and the next day I'm on my way to Portugal and other far flung European destinations in a 14m tri-axle Coach.

This mostly involves an unbroken 26 hour shift of driving/travelling, spend 6 days getting paid to be mind numbingly drunk in the blistering heat, tea total on last day then drive/travel 26hours home the next.

We do some strange things when we are away, I've been told on no fewer than 2 occasions I'm not allowed back into Germany..

Fucks you up after a while and ruins yours social life back at home but It pays the bills...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living with a psychopath Paul_13 49 6,197 18-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Adam CD P1
  What do you do for a living? Matt-Rallye 86 10,969 16-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Choppin
  whats living in your car? willJspears 29 4,819 30-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3