Fitted Bosch :) can you get more than 20psi on a K14??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitted Bosch :) can you get more than 20psi on a K14??
(21-07-2012, 12:19 PM)me-tm Wrote: Heh. I'm running about 23psi on a K14 with no MBC fitted. It's a bit smokey too.

I really should refine it. I even have a bloody MBC sitting here! How difficult did you find fitting the MBC was?

The best way i found was to jack engine off top mount then take vacum feed out the way along with intake off turbo and get to it from up top the little pipe bolts into top of turbo housing with 12mm i took this out bent it straight chopped with a hacksaw blade and fitted new sealing washers and put back together with mbc pipes in woth mbc just next to rocker cover

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 12:51 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(21-07-2012, 12:19 PM)me-tm Wrote: Heh. I'm running about 23psi on a K14 with no MBC fitted. It's a bit smokey too.

I really should refine it. I even have a bloody MBC sitting here! How difficult did you find fitting the MBC was?

The best way i found was to jack engine off top mount then take vacum feed out the way along with intake off turbo and get to it from up top the little pipe bolts into top of turbo housing with 12mm i took this out bent it straight chopped with a hacksaw blade and fitted new sealing washers and put back together with mbc pipes in woth mbc just next to rocker cover

CJ

Aaaaah. Just got back from my parents' farm where I had the engine mount off because it was rattling. Damn, lol.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right im fed up with this bloosy boost leak / manifiold leak didnt get round to it this weekend as was wifeys birthday, but going to get cracking this weekend going to throw a new manifold on and then pressure test with a lil setup ive made this week Smile

Just wondering what people recommend fitting while doing gasket? T2 very slight shaft play but ran well on previous motor or stick with K14

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump years fitted Saloon306 10 2,123 24-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  bosch pump xud nw fitted pioneer DJ paddy 10 2,492 08-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Random jump from 12psi to 20psi after 1 quarter max fuel turn. Ollie 4 1,882 09-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Piggy