Random jump from 12psi to 20psi after 1 quarter max fuel turn.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random jump from 12psi to 20psi after 1 quarter max fuel turn.
Is this normal? Its never happened before on me. I bought the car that was previously "screwed" but put back til there was no smoke when the previous owner was selling it. Last night i gave it a quarter turn which gave it a nice wee boost.

Only this morning i noticed on my boost gauge i was boosting 20psi (backlight isnt working so didnt see it last night.)

Anyoone any ideas why this has happened? I think ill screw it back a touch as my clutch is slipping like mad when you go hard at it.
Thanks given by:
maybe turbo is at max adjustment...

mine went from 14-24psi with max on turbo and only a 3/4turn on me pump
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Turbo wastegate has probably been fiddled before and the boost was just being limited by the lack of fuel. Once you'd turned the fuel up the turbo can take advantage of it and boosts higher.
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 10:28 PM)Dan! Wrote: Turbo wastegate has probably been fiddled before and the boost was just being limited by the lack of fuel. Once you'd turned the fuel up the turbo can take advantage of it and boosts higher.

Would that have almost felt like a bit of a boost leak before? There was no reek at all out of the car but you could feel flat spots between 2.5k and 3k.

Hasnt done it since i turned the pump?
Thanks given by:
fixed then!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I turn my key.. Jimmy306uk 17 5,244 16-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Last Post: nominous
  Engine wont turn over, tried 2 batteries..HALP! thefastest1 21 8,047 31-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: thefastest1
  Clicking noise and now wont turn over HDIkyle 5 1,691 17-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Piggy