Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ideas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ideas?
Driving to work today (got called in on my day off ) and the car was driving fine all the way until suddenly just out of the blue the power dropped right off for about 5 seconds and with my foot planted the car almost stalled.....smoke piled out of the back for those 5 seconds and then it just picked back up again and carried on as normal

Any ideas what could have caused this? Plenty of fuel in it....just seemed to drop off boost but then totally lose power for a few seconds then carry on as normal.....no warning lights came on the dash or anything.

Cheers, Craig
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Turbo gone?
Thanks given by:
If this was a hdi I'd suggest the speedo sensor. May e the same with fiesta?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't be the turbo as it's been fine since. I did have a MAF sensor error throw up when I put it on the diagnostic....but wouldn't have thought it would have caused that really. Although it's stupid how a little sensor can throw up such a big fault, so it wouldn't surprise me deep down. Smoke was pure black which points at overfuelling? Would add up I guess if the boost died but it kept fuelling
Thanks given by:
Sounds like something ecu controlled trouble is 99% of things on them are ecu controlled

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Craig-o Wrote:Wouldn't be the turbo as it's been fine since. I did have a MAF sensor error throw up when I put it on the diagnostic....but wouldn't have thought it would have caused that really. Although it's stupid how a little sensor can throw up such a big fault, so it wouldn't surprise me deep down. Smoke was pure black which points at overfuelling? Would add up I guess if the boost died but it kept fuelling

sounds similar to the problem i had a while back with the MAP on the 1.8. Chronic overfueling was my problem.
Thanks given by:
God dam sensor laden cars
Thanks given by:
On my dads old Focus diesel I changed the accelerator pedal as they went after a while and caused a similar problem to this. Might be worth looking at.
Thanks given by:
Was it a fairly light ish kinda smoke? Kinda between unburnt black fuel and white water?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Most likely the MAF I'd say mate......had a very similar on my mates car last week, was looking a boost leak for ages before we thought to check the MAF! Doh
Thanks given by:
If it hasn't happened again, I'd say it was just something like a momentary blockage in the fuel filter or injector...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fiesta FAO danny bashbarnard 11 2,855 10-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Replacement car, thinking Fiesta DeeTurbo 16 3,755 23-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  NSFW fiesta ST ebay cully 20 4,952 03-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam