Replacement car, thinking Fiesta

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement car, thinking Fiesta
I think after having my car for almost 18 years I need a change.

I drove my friends 58 plate Fiesta the other day and enjoyed the drive.

I'm think of getting the 1.6 tdci. I know some can have turbo issues due to leaking injector seals but I don't mind changing the seals for piece of mind and checking them very service.

Have any of you guys had any experience with the mk7 Fiesta?
Thanks given by:
I have a MK7.5 Fiesta ST and am a big fan. Even the bottom model Fiesta's will be a fair upgrade from a 306, would be easy to use as a daily and handle really well even in base spec too. I would go for a fiesta or focus most likely. Very good VFM too.
Thanks given by:
I had a mk7 1.6tdci.
Needs remap desperately.
But handled like nothing else I have known FWD from factory. Such confidence. Easy to get perfect driving position too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I take it ProSteve can remap them?
Thanks given by:
Can't offer any advice on your new car but I think a big virtual pat on the back is in order for owning your 306 for so long.  Rofl Good luck with your new motor, whatever you choose. Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks, this is the one I've done 345k miles in.
Thanks given by:
Hats off to you mate, it's only just breaking in now ha ha Smile
Thanks given by:
I have just got the wife a mk7 fiesta metal edition which at its launch was top of the range

Lovely little car, as said above handles really well but the front end would benefit from a set of strut races

Hers is panther black with full leather interior , can't fault it so far and parts are so cheap
Thanks given by:
F*rd.

yuk.

parts are cheap because you need so many.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
My girlfriend has a 1.25 petrol Zetec

Really nice to drive although a bit slow compared to a rallye or my volvo 850 t5 not a problem if you get a faster one ahah

Handles really well and comes with a lot of things I find I miss climbing back into a 306 decent enough car I personally wouldn't own one but they seem like a good choice for a chill daily
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
I've got a mk6 Fiesta Zetec S TDCI in sea grey, with climate control. It's pretty good and has been pretty reliable in the 35-40k I've put on it. I service it every 6 months. It is fairly slow, I haven't remapped it. There's not much lag though: all the power is low down so it pulls out of junctions etc. quite well, it's just it runs out of steam very quickly. Parts are cheap when things do need replacing. It passed the last MOT with no advisories @ 114k ish

It might be for sale in the next few months.

Having looked under my friend's Mk7 fiesta, the suspension etc. doesn't look very different, but obviously they are newer.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Be wary of any modern Derv, Carbon build up, Emission systems are all well when new but old can lead to loads of issues, I'd go Petrol these days
Car it self is fine, Mind I have done loads of work for Ford and the chassis these days are loads better of old
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2017, 11:45 AM)welshpug Wrote: F*rd.

yuk.

parts are cheap because you need so many.

Such an ironic statement on a Peugeot based forum....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
when you know an ex-dealer ford tech and see all the recalls and issues they have, you'd steer well clear Wink

mind you he still drives an ST lol
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Ever seen recall list for pug/Citroen lol?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A fiver for a set of Ngk spark plugs in the black Friday sale!!

Dont need them but good to keep as spares
Thanks given by:
Just to add to this:

The Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S TDCI is pre-DPF, and has a revised turbo oil feed pipe on the facelift which doesn't block as easily as other versions of the same engine.

So, as long as you change the oil regularly and periodically check that the injector seals aren't leaking £12.50ish per injector for genuine seals if they are, the engine should be reasonably reliable.

I'd imagine the later versions come with more emissions equipment on them, which is expensive to replace if a fault occurs.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fiesta FAO danny bashbarnard 11 2,849 10-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Thinking about defecting!!! bashbarnard 23 4,091 10-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: cully
  NSFW fiesta ST ebay cully 20 4,944 03-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam