306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ideas? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ideas? (/showthread.php?tid=4042)

Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ideas? - Craig-o - 09-06-2012

Driving to work today (got called in on my day off ) and the car was driving fine all the way until suddenly just out of the blue the power dropped right off for about 5 seconds and with my foot planted the car almost stalled.....smoke piled out of the back for those 5 seconds and then it just picked back up again and carried on as normal

Any ideas what could have caused this? Plenty of fuel in it....just seemed to drop off boost but then totally lose power for a few seconds then carry on as normal.....no warning lights came on the dash or anything.

Cheers, Craig

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on my today..any ide - bearbenuk - 09-06-2012

Turbo gone?

Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on my today..any ideas? - Matt - 09-06-2012

If this was a hdi I'd suggest the speedo sensor. May e the same with fiesta?

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ide - Craig-o - 09-06-2012

Wouldn't be the turbo as it's been fine since. I did have a MAF sensor error throw up when I put it on the diagnostic....but wouldn't have thought it would have caused that really. Although it's stupid how a little sensor can throw up such a big fault, so it wouldn't surprise me deep down. Smoke was pure black which points at overfuelling? Would add up I guess if the boost died but it kept fuelling

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ide - puglove - 09-06-2012

Sounds like something ecu controlled trouble is 99% of things on them are ecu controlled

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ide - Eeyore - 09-06-2012

Craig-o Wrote:Wouldn't be the turbo as it's been fine since. I did have a MAF sensor error throw up when I put it on the diagnostic....but wouldn't have thought it would have caused that really. Although it's stupid how a little sensor can throw up such a big fault, so it wouldn't surprise me deep down. Smoke was pure black which points at overfuelling? Would add up I guess if the boost died but it kept fuelling

sounds similar to the problem i had a while back with the MAP on the 1.8. Chronic overfueling was my problem.

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ide - Craig-o - 09-06-2012

God dam sensor laden cars

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ide - bigcheez2k3 - 10-06-2012

On my dads old Focus diesel I changed the accelerator pedal as they went after a while and caused a similar problem to this. Might be worth looking at.

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ide - 4WayDiablo - 10-06-2012

Was it a fairly light ish kinda smoke? Kinda between unburnt black fuel and white water?

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ide - Toms306 - 10-06-2012

Most likely the MAF I'd say mate......had a very similar on my mates car last week, was looking a boost leak for ages before we thought to check the MAF! Doh

Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ideas? - THE_Liam - 10-06-2012

If it hasn't happened again, I'd say it was just something like a momentary blockage in the fuel filter or injector...