Phone advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone advice
Been an iphone follower for absolutly years. Never ever buy the latest one but usually a couple models down. Ive currently got an iphone se. It is genuinlly a great phone and i really like it. Its just now apple are taking the absolute piss with prices and im not f*cking having it. I want another phone. Basic stuff i want, good camera, android due to app support stuff i need for my job, music player, good screen. Any suggestions for what i can buy when i sell my se?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
wiley fox swift 2 plus. Theyre like £180 on amazon and theyre really good. Camera is what i take all my pics on and people are always impressed with the colours. The battery life is nuts and it hasnt slowed down at all.
Thanks given by:
just looked £150 on amazon seems alright to be fair
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Do you really need Android? There's some absolute bargains on windows (or Microsoft or Nokia whatever they are calling themselves this month) phones for the spec compared to Apple stuff and they are broadly the same as the Android stuff but you get big brand support rather than some cheap no name brand. Couple that with the fact mine have been nearly indestructible and they are great phones.
Thanks given by:
dont go windows. Its dead and there just arent the apps for it.

http://www.techradar.com/news/the-death-...nally-come
Thanks given by:
Yeah, don't get a Windows phone.. it's a dead platform. Moto G5 is another good shout, around the £150 mark and is probably the best spec for the money, full 1080p screen, decent camera, expandable memory. decent battery life (which is removeable) etc..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Samsung Galaxy S8, brilliant phone, amazing camera, decent battery life, and if its not good enough for how hard you use it you can pick up a 5000 mah batterycase for £18 which will top it up from fairly low about twice.

256gb sd card capability on top of 64 gb onboard, you can get a dual sim version, does HD video recording.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2017, 09:09 AM)Eeyore Wrote: dont go windows. Its dead and there just arent the apps for it.

http://www.techradar.com/news/the-death-...nally-come

I think that article is unfair on the windows phone re ease of use, I'm very much an analogue man in a digital age and my parents (both pensioners) use windows phones.

That said it is entirely understandable that many apps are't made for windows with it's sub 5% market share.
Thanks given by:
I had a windows phone. It was a nightmare to get the apps on it for work. It must be android or apple. Obviously im moving away from apple thoughx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
The Nexus was always a good shout in my opinion, but if you dont mind paying the Extra cash the new Razer Phone that has been announced seems to trance alot of the top model phones for well under there mark up.

http://www.three.co.uk/Razer/Phone?featu...lour=Black
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
Nexus 4 was good but has aged. nexus 5 is still good and was the last affordable phone from android. with the nexus 5x and 6 the prices soared. The pixel even more so!
Thanks given by:
One plus one 5 or 5T
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2017, 08:56 PM)Eeyore Wrote: wiley fox swift 2 plus. Theyre like £180 on amazon and theyre really good. Camera is what i take all my pics on and people are always impressed with the colours. The battery life is nuts and it hasnt slowed down at all.

I sort of half used this advice. I went to look who made wiley fox, turns out theyre a chinese phone. during looking at the phone i mustve seen a million chinese phones for sale so i looked into them. After watching many many many many reviews on youtube and reading about then ive ended up ordering a ulephone gemini, its got very good reviews over the board. 3d gaming on it apprently is the only downside which i dont use but day to day use its perfect for what i want and also has a dual camera lense. Ill report back when i get it and let you guys know what it is like.
Thanks given by:
Right now don't get a windows phone! The app support is pretty much completely dead. Facebook and messenger app is awful. There hasn't been a proper youtube app ever I don't think. I could go on and on...

I persevered with a lumia 640 for a few years. I develop for a job on microsoft platforms so it made sense at the time. But there came a time to give up!

I've moved to recommending Xiaomi phones imported directly from china to my family. Absolutely best quality hardware, specs, support for the money imho. All have been 100% spot on. Android and Xiaomi all the way for me!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smart Phone Advice? C.A.R. 17 3,203 19-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  New phone advice cpikey316_ 11 1,677 08-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Mobile Phone advice Wolverine1091 6 1,681 02-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard