306 HDI "PugLet" Build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI "PugLet" Build
Hello New To 306s So This Project Thread Will Be Both Random Parts To The Puzzle.

Spec Of The Car When Bought

3 Door Peugeot 306 HDI D Turbo
AfterMarket Induction Kit
Decat
Straight Through Exhaust
Stage One Remap

So Far Ive Replaced The Clutch Cable And Clutch Its Had A Passenger Side Drive Shaft.

My First Tasks As Of Writing This Thread Is To Look Into Remapping As The Gentleman I Have Bought The Car From Has Put A Generic Map On The Car Which I Believe Is Either Gonna Make Something Go Bang Or Definitely Not Doing Any Good For It.

I Am Also Looking Into A FMIC Setup For The Car Which I Would Take Any Suggestions I Already Have The 406 45 Degree Elbow.

I Will Be Also Looking At R70 Pumps 1.6 HDI 207 Fuel Regulators And Either 406 4 Pot Brembos Or GTI 6 Breaks Any Questions Or Comments To Steer Me In The Right Direction Im New To All This Pugness As Ive Moved Over From A Civic Soo.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
well welcome along to peugeots then. As for the remaps pro steve is meant to be good (never personally used him before but many people on here vouch for him) he is over at hdi tuning have a google. As for FMIC etc i would get your posts up a bit and post out a wanted ad. im sure paul on here actually has a full fmic setup for sale atm for a good price posted out. Be aware with a standard clutch though it will slip unless you have a limited torque map or an uprated clutch.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: TommiePuglet
(24-04-2017, 09:19 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: well welcome along to peugeots then. As for the remaps pro steve is meant to be good (never personally used him before but many people on here vouch for him) he is over at hdi tuning have a google. As for FMIC etc i would get your posts up a bit and post out a wanted ad. im sure paul on here actually has a full fmic setup for sale atm for a good price posted out. Be aware with a standard clutch though it will slip unless you have a limited torque map or an uprated clutch.

Thank You For The Welcome, I Was Looking At Clutchs Such As CG But Have Heard Mix Reviews I Was Going To Look Into The CG 5 Paddle Clutch. As For Front Mounts If Someone Has A Direct Fit Will All Piping Then By All Means Comment Pleaseeeeee!!!!!! As For Remaps Ive Been Told DervTech Was A Good Shout But Will Message HDI Tuning And Go From There Also Will Be Swapping Wheels To 205 GTI Speedlines Fro Summer And 206 GTI Nimrods For Winter Until I Get These Clones ReBlasted In Gloss White!
Thanks given by:
Update** 24/04/2017

So Yesterday I Have Started Work On Alot Less Minor Issues Interior And Such The Steering Wheel Has Been Replaced With An Aftermarket Momo Quark Wheel However I Ran Into An Issue With It Catching The Steering Wheel Column Plastic Cover Which Has Now Been Removed And Where The Boss Has Rubbed Will Be Sanded Back So It No Longer Does. The AirBag Light Has Been Sorted With A 1.8ohm Resistor. I Am Yet To Scrape The Clock And Spedo So I Can Changed Them To Bright White Or Blue. I Am Yet To Look For The Earth In The Car Which Was Mentioned To See If That Was Stopping The Fans And Heater From Working. I Am Looking At Removing The AC Pump As The Pipe Are Already Cut So What Belt Would I Need To Do This.
Thanks given by:
S**T, two 'Puglets' ahah
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2017, 04:42 PM)wainwrightj Wrote: S**T, two 'Puglets' ahah

Hahaha We Have 4 Pugs In The Group Mine Being The Slower 306 Its The Puglet As Its The Baby.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2017, 08:48 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote:

Hahaha We Have 4 Pugs In The Group Mine Being The Slower 306 Its The Puglet As Its The Baby.

I painted parts of mine pink so thought it was a fitting name
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2017, 10:00 AM)wainwrightj Wrote:

Haha i think you win then.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2017, 10:59 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote:
(26-04-2017, 10:00 AM)wainwrightj Wrote:

Haha i think you win then.

Got any pics of yours you could put up?? Would be cool to see it
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
    Picture Of The Car So Far.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2017, 12:33 PM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Picture Of The Car So Far.

Look good man! Like the dual exhaust tip too
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2017, 12:40 PM)wainwrightj Wrote:
(26-04-2017, 12:33 PM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Picture Of The Car So Far.

Look good man! Like the dual exhaust tip too

Cheers The Exhaust Itself Is Mint Who Ever Fitted It And Cut The Bumper Did A Terrible Bodged Job.
Thanks given by:
That looks like a good base for a proper project. Another recommendation from me for Steve at hdi-tuning. Shameless plug incoming; my company (DERV Developments) will be releasing a direct fit intercooler kit very soon, currently in testing on our mule. I would suggest going for helix over CG as while CG are cheaper they seem to suffer from an awful lot of quality control issues.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-04-2017, 02:09 PM)Poodle Wrote: That looks like a good base for a proper project. Another recommendation from me for Steve at hdi-tuning. Shameless plug incoming; my company (DERV Developments) will be releasing a direct fit intercooler kit very soon, currently in testing on our mule. I would suggest going for helix over CG as while CG are cheaper they seem to suffer from an awful lot of quality control issues.

Thank You Very Much I Have Been Adviced On How To Get A Good CG Clutch. For The Intercooler Kit Do You Have A Rough Price.
Thanks given by:
It depends on what we can negotiate with suppliers, but it will be somewhere around £320.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-04-2017, 06:02 AM)Poodle Wrote: It depends on what we can negotiate with suppliers, but it will be somewhere around £320.

Thank You I Will Keep This In Mind.
Thanks given by:
Update 27/04/2017

So After My Gearbox Mount Failing And Dropping The Box Onto The Sub Frame The Car Had A New Short Shaft To Find Out The Long Shaft Had Also Been Damaged And Needed Changing Something Which I Let The Garage Do As I Do Not Have The Patients And Tools To Do So. Clutch Cable That Was Dangling And Has Been Destroyed By Stone And Such Has Been Changed And A Clip "Not On Car When Bought" Added To Keep It Secure And Away From The Floor.

Update 01/05/2017

So After What Happened The Other Night Me Putting My Foot Down For The Car To Die And Then Throw Up A Glow Plug And Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Error, I Resorted To Everything Being Changed So On The Day Of Work Its Had New Fuel Filter New Injector Seals I Have Cleaned The Pressure Regulator Its Had A New Battery New Battery Terminals As The Pug Ones Where At Best Classed As W**k At Best. I Have Been Told Many Reasons To Why I Had A P0230 Error To Which I Did All The Work I Could Just Shy Of Changing Pumps And The Engine. Im Putting The Issue Down To A Bad Battery Dropping Vaults Which Has Killed The Pump And Killed The Car. "Sub Was Installed Before The Issue That Night Which Drains Battery From An Already In Terms S**t Battery."

I Am Still Looking At My FMIC Options Which Seem To Have Found A Way To Do It A Local Breaker Has A 406 HDI 90bhp In Which Was Front Mounted As Standard To Which I Will Poach For Parts And Upgrade Parts After I.E. Bigger Cooler And Samco Piping.

Hope My Story Is An Interesting One To Some If Not A Funny One.
Thanks given by:
Update 06/05/217

So Today Has Been A Good One After A Trip To A Breakers Gathered All The 406 Parts I Needed Then A Trip To Another Breakers Payed Off Hugely. As I Came Across A Local HDI Stage 2 With All Piping Front Mount And Such Just No Fans So After Some Short Cash Departing Later I Know Own A Full FMIC System For The Puglet Which Will Be Fitted By The Weekend Pictures Provided Later On.
Thanks given by:
Oh the ever faithful p0230, have you managed to fix the cutting out issue? Test it by flooring it in 4th uphill from about 1500rpm and just keep your foot in. Good job on finding the stage 2 kit locally, bit of luck that!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-05-2017, 12:29 PM)Poodle Wrote: Oh the ever faithful p0230, have you managed to fix the cutting out issue? Test it by flooring it in 4th uphill from about 1500rpm and just keep your foot in. Good job on finding the stage 2 kit locally, bit of luck that!

As For The P0230 After Everything being changed along with me binning the old regulator for the better 1.6 207 HDI 110 Regulator everything is running better than ever my theory still stands that the Volts died on the battery killing the pump hence killing the car. FMIC is in the boot waiting to be installed running without fans for awhile as my current 306 doesnt have working fans anyway the sensor has been blanked off. While This Is Being Done I Am Gonna Bank The EGR Aswell. All Thats Left Is A CG 5 Paddel Custom Made Clutch And A R70 Pump To Take Her To Stage 2 Then Its On The Race To Hit 200
Thanks given by:
Sooooo im finally back onto building Puglet after nearly a 4 month hiatus. The car is as followed having a recon turbo 220k on an original turbo its time to retire it i think, 406 (Nimrods) i dotn know the correct name but have tyres and are just waiting for them to be fitted. Brake servo issue is getting resolved along when the turbo gets replaced which isnt to bad. Front GTI6 calipers will be added in the near future when the turbo and break servo is fixed. I am going to debadge the rear and look at debadging the front but i am not handy with a welder and have no clue of anyone that is.
Thanks given by:
Picture Updates Coming Soon

Thanks given by:
Started today on the FMIC prep work, while I was also there I have started to remove what ian left of the aircon ready for the delete.

Thanks given by:
Having an ABS issue on the car that keeps coming or going so i think this weekends gonna consist of me taking the thing apart and putting it back together.
Thanks given by:
The intermittent ABS fault could be down to the failing wheel bearing you mentioned in another thread.
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2017, 05:46 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: The intermittent ABS fault could be down to the failing wheel bearing you mentioned in another thread.

That is very possible it should be coming of the road very soon so hopefully she will be gettimg the love time and care she needs to make her 100 percent again she has just clocked 220k so I’m debating to do an engine swap and turbo upgrade as I think by now they will have lost power.
Thanks given by:
If you can get it hooked up to Peugeot Planet. That should tell you where the ABS fault is. If you don't have it maybe you live near another member who does?
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2017, 02:18 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: If you can get it hooked up to Peugeot Planet. That should tell you where the ABS fault is. If you don't have it maybe you live near another member who does?

I’m in Telford but I’m sure you can buy Peugeot Planet of eBay for around 15 quid can’t you ?
Thanks given by:
I think £15 will just get you the PP2000 software. You'll need Lexia3 as well, which is the interface that connects the car to the laptop. You used to need Windows XP to run it but there may be workarounds now to get it to work with later operating systems. Someone on here may know?

A quick look on eBay shows loads from £45 upwards but I couldn't see a single one from a genuine UK supplier - most are from China. I paid £70 from a UK supplier about 2 years ago.

It just might be you can use a generic code reader on your car. Some of the later HDi's were apparently fully OBD2 compatible. Not sure when they became compatible tho.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2017, 09:32 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: I think £15 will just get you the PP2000 software. You'll need Lexia3 as well, which is the interface that connects the car to the laptop. You used to need Windows XP to run it but there may be workarounds now to get it to work with later operating systems. Someone on here may know?

A quick look on eBay shows loads from £45 upwards but I couldn't see a single one from a genuine UK supplier - most are from China. I paid £70 from a UK supplier about 2 years ago.

It just might be you can use a generic code reader on your car. Some of the later HDi's were apparently fully OBD2 compatible. Not sure when they became compatible tho.

I’ll take a ganders if it’s down to thecwheel bearimg going I know which one needs changing lol.
Thanks given by: