So, I've quit smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I've quit smoking
I have quit smoking, as of Saturday night, and was thinking about killing myself :L

Nahh, I wanted to know if any of you have tackled this and triumphed and whether you had any hints or tips.

I'm going mad right now, yes I do know it's all in my head but still
HELP MEEEEE
Thanks given by:
Its not all in your head at all, your body is craving nicotine, just have the will power to say no.

I should really start to think about quitting too..

Good luck to you mate.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Mate get one of these e-cigarettes. I have one and quit 6weeks ago. I can go a day without even thinking about it now Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Cheers bud,

Yeah I guess so...

I'm wondering whether its worth buying the chewing gum etc but then again I know all the nicotine is out my system and don't want to make it worse.

Do it mate the savings will be worth it...

How much are they Matt? Danny was saying about them... Electronic cigarette yeah?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you can get rechargeable electric cigarettes that you can buy a variety of flavored canisters for it.

Strawberry, chocolate, mint etc..

They blow out smoke too.

All the joys of nicotine with a fraction of the harm from tobacco, paper and lighter fluid.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that sounds like a good alternative, but a bit out of reach when you are a redundant bum :/
Thanks given by:
I'm quitting myself, on my second day without. Thing is, I've quit 3 times before, so I know I can quit, but 3-4 months down the line I end up having a crafty cig when I'm pissed and I'm back to square one. It's not quitting, it's staying away long-term I struggle with Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
There only about £15 + cartridges.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'm quitting myself, on my second day without. Thing is, I've quit 3 times before, so I know I can quit, but 3-4 months down the line I end up having a crafty cig when I'm pissed and I'm back to square one. It's not quitting, it's staying away long-term I struggle with Sad

That sucks mate... I hope that dont happen to me, but I imagine it will.

Hmm may have to buy one
Thanks given by:
Get an electronic ciggy when you FINALLY get paid buddy, i had a go on one last night and it's probably the closest thing i've ever tried to actually smoking a fag, doesn't taste bad either.. 1 drag of an e-ciggy is about 18mg of nicotine which is about the same as 1 entire slim filtered rolly
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have a wank, usually helps apparently Wink xx
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ive also heard those electric cigarettes are VERY good too. Can even smoke them inside too.

When I gave up about 10 years ago now I didnt really have an important job so i decided that every time i wanted a fag id have a pint instead and Id have to finish the pint before I could have a fag. In the end i was so drunk i couldnt physically manage to light a fag and was fine.

Took about 2 weeks and Ive never wanted to smoke since, I have the odd fag when im drinking sometimes and a cigar at new years but thats about it really.
Thanks given by:
Or the odd puff of magical wacky backy. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Wiening yourself off them is better than going stone cold... You're more likely to quit if you wein yourself off..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I think different methods work better for different people, i've quite countless times now and always just gone cold turkey, main reason i haven't quit yet is because i don't really want to lol
Thanks given by:
Smoking tobacco is possibly one of the most pointless things in the world imo.

There is no "high" or meditative effect, it taste like shit, cost a load of money and makes you smell like an ash tray.

Edit: Oh wait, it's "cool" isn't it.. Doh
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I completely agree with you trent, you only feel less stressed after having a fag because your satisfying your nicotine cravings.. you can't exactly smoke 'other' things during every day life though Wink
Thanks given by:
cba to read all the replies, i got mine for £35 it was the charger, a car charger, a battery and 15 canisters(600 cigs)

so was a bargain Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:I completely agree with you trent, you only feel less stressed after having a fag because your satisfying your nicotine cravings.. you can't exactly smoke 'other' things during every day life though Wink

If you didn't start in the first place (why would you, look at the negatives against positives I've already listed) then you wouldn't need to suppress the craving in the first place. :roll:

If you have to smoke something then the e-cig's are a good place to start.

As for smoking "other things" in every day life, you've clearly not came down to the majority areas of Bristol. Tongue Get on it (if that's your thing)!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Have a wrist exercise, usually helps apparently Wink xx

Preferably I'd rather hand that job to my Mrs Ruan haha...

Well I feel like I need to be smoking something, I've found that even having just a filter I'm my mouth helps and even a lollipop.

I'll have to look into getting one of those Matt

Danny... You need to quit with me, then when we both need a fag we can have a lovely little cuddle instead loool
Thanks given by:
Good luck to you Andy! Smile - Hope you find what works for you! With the money you save you could treat yourself too as a well done, maybe a new sexbox game or gstar jeans or something? (I know you like those things as you wear them all the time lool)

Makes me wonder if I'm one of the rare people who have never EVER smoked a fag in their life?
Thanks given by:
It's called peer presure mate, i started smoking when i was probably 13-14? Wink

Haha, i didn't say i couldn't but it's that i won't, i spend a lot of time driving and i refuse to drive whilst 'other' things are still in my system

I'll quit andy.. at some point Tongue
Thanks given by:
Thank you Emma,
That's a good idea and yeah I love my G-star and superdry too .

Well there ain't many people I know who have never smoked tbh. Only you I can think of
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:I'll quit andy.. at some point Tongue

Best do foooooool
Thanks given by:
No doubt 99% of people have had a drag of a fag in their life! You'd be silly not too. It's good to see what your missing out on lol.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Trent its all well and good you preaching the "if you didnt start in the first place......." but the fact is people have started.

I mainly started just to be social, everyone else at the end of school / start of college smoked, got the old "do you want a fag?" and I thought why not and it started from there.

Only quit cos it was ruining my ability to ride a bike fast.
Thanks given by:
I've never tried it either..... :problem:

But I do go out for a passive at breaks in college lol....much cheaper than actually smoking. Wink
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I've never tried it either..... :problem:

But I do go out for a passive at breaks in college lol....much cheaper than actually smoking. Wink

Really and most definatley not the same :L couldn't handle that
Thanks given by:
Not having a dig Chris just saying it's not exactly an easy thing to get into considering the price, taste, smell etc (unless you start when your 13~15 to be cool and don't care about these factors). Tongue

My mum smokes 40 a day and I hate her for it, moderation is the key to everything in life! A family friends mother is 85 and she smokes 20~40 a day. God knows how that works out lol!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I started pretty much the way Dum Dum said... Now been smoking 4-5 years
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quitting smoking Chris306 31 7,427 01-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Giving up smoking again. bashbarnard 22 3,220 15-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Poodle