Quitting smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quitting smoking
So as thread title Iv quit smoking managed a week on my vape stick an not been tempted :Smileanyone else into vaping?
Thanks given by:
i know matt uses a vape thing on here and i myself have one but i no longer use mine im completly smooke free now
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Couple of my friends have been hypnotised & said it is unbelievable and haven't touched anything since.
Thanks given by:
Me and my best friend tried them last year and just could not get on with them but my old boss swears by his and hasn't had a proper cigarette since he started, seems to work for some people and not others..... similar to the more conventional ways of quitting from what iv seen, good luck with quitting!!
Thanks given by:
Trouble is for a lot of people the vaping seems to replace one addiction with another - so i would have thought that even if happy with vaping then perhaps they need to slowly cut down on vaping as well !
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2016, 03:36 PM)maxaret Wrote: Trouble is for a lot of people the vaping seems to replace one addiction with another - so i would have thought that even if happy with vaping then perhaps they need to slowly cut down on vaping as well !

this^^^^^ i accept that it's probably better than smoking but i see kids and people vaping now that have never even smoked!! i went cold turkey from the fags 18 months ago after a 20 year habit, that's how i roll though, i know a lot of folk can't manage it Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I went for the beer option, every time I wanted a fag I had a pint of lager and made myself finish the pint, if I still wanted a fag I had another pint. eventually I forgot I wanted to smoke or was physically unable. Took me 2 weeks to give up then had the occasional fag every so often (like 4 a year tops) for the next decade and about 18 months ago was the last time I smoked now, I've properly given up.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a fun way of giving up Dum Dum - well done Smile
Thanks given by:
Tooting on a douche flute is not giving up :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2016, 07:42 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Tooting on a douche flute is not giving up :p

I agree sir, I approve of your naming, I like to call them the faggot flute or G-cig Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
my other half does, cig free for over a year now.

(29-10-2016, 07:42 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Tooting on a douche flute is not giving up :p

yeah as you still get the nicotine..

nothing like avoiding the other 4000 nasty chemicals in smoke, the smell, the affect on breathing, taste, smell etc..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Personally, I don't get the hatred towards vaping, though I do vape myself. Wink I only use 3mg liquids though, next lowest strength is 0mg. Oddly though, I had packed in smoking cigs for a good few months before I started vaping, but I have a few friends that vape, and one of our old members (Andy) gave me my first setup, and I've run with it from there. I just enjoy the flavours and blowing massive clouds, but I'm now getting into the more advanced side of it, building my own coils, etc, and I've just recently got myself an unregulated, "mechanical" mod. Basically a metal tube with a battery in it.

IMO it's far nicer than smoking "stinkies", as I don't smell like an ashtray, and when you find flavours you really enjoy, it can taste amazing! None of that coughing up nasty lumps of crap either, which was the main reason I gave up smoking cigs. Big Grin

EDIT: Still have the odd one on occasions though, but theres always that little added extra ingredient. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2016, 09:06 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Personally, I don't get the hatred towards vaping, though I do vape myself. Wink I only use 3mg liquids though, next lowest strength is 0mg. Oddly though, I had packed in smoking cigs for a good few months before I started vaping, but I have a few friends that vape, and one of our old members (Andy) gave me my first setup, and I've run with it from there. I just enjoy the flavours and blowing massive clouds, but I'm now getting into the more advanced side of it, building my own coils, etc, and I've just recently got myself an unregulated, "mechanical" mod. Basically a metal tube with a battery in it.

IMO it's far nicer than smoking "stinkies", as I don't smell like an ashtray, and when you find flavours you really enjoy, it can taste amazing! None of that coughing up nasty lumps of crap either, which was the main reason I gave up smoking cigs. Big Grin

EDIT: Still have the odd one on occasions though, but theres always that little added extra ingredient. Wink

in truth good on you for not smoking, but i know you won't see this, vaping is super gay, tbh that's an insult to gay folk, cloud chasing? .. jesus, grow up, it's like for 5 year olds, lots of people still are allowed to do it in pubs and it's like there's a smoke machine on, big face full in the street, people thinking it's fine to get in your car and fill it with a stupid scent because it's "not smoking", listen . . . . you know i'm big on the love and i love you all, facts are thus . . . vaping is wack, accept it, move on and next port of call, ditch the G-cig :Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Heart

Tbh, I don't tend to vape indoors (apart from at home, because it's my house, I'll vape if I want to), because of common decency, and when out in the street, I do my utmost to keep it away from other people, but I get what your saying. Wink
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2016, 09:06 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Personally, I don't get the hatred towards vaping, though I do vape myself. Wink I only use 3mg liquids though, next lowest strength is 0mg. Oddly though, I had packed in smoking cigs for a good few months before I started vaping, but I have a few friends that vape, and one of our old members (Andy) gave me my first setup, and I've run with it from there. I just enjoy the flavours and blowing massive clouds, but I'm now getting into the more advanced side of it, building my own coils, etc, and I've just recently got myself an unregulated, "mechanical" mod. Basically a metal tube with a battery in it.

This is more like it lol a lover not a hater Tongue I figured that 300 a month on fags or 30 a month on ejuice plus the fact that I don't stink of fag an I'm not always coughing up the shite that comes with it was my main reason to give it a go. Only got an aspire ego ATM but should be gettin a wisemec rx an a kangertech subtank next week, was goin to get a tfv8 amok but then leaking issues just put me off
Thanks given by:
Oh god when people start talking about the equipment too.....
ffs kill me now boys Big Grin
Thanks given by:
[emoji38]

Y'know Matt, you could just, like, not read the thread? [emoji14]

Chris, I don't know what juice you're using, but if/when you really get into it, there's a good chance you'll be spending more than 30 a month on juice! There was a point that I was spending about 60-80 a month, but that was on big name premium juices, £15+ for 30ml! Confused

My bro has an rx, and he loves it, having come from a joyetech device, but i only have my ipv4 regulated mod, and my stingray mech. Got a couple of tanks, but I prefer dripping on my indestructible rda now, I find the tanks too restrictive. Smile

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2016, 09:43 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: that was on big name premium juices, £15+ for 30ml! Confused

My bro has an rx, and he loves it, having come from a joyetech device, but i only have my ipv4 regulated mod, and my stingray mech. Got a couple of tanks, but I prefer dripping on my indestructible rda now, I find the tanks too restrictive. Smile 

[Image: a3a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2016, 09:43 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [emoji38]

Y'know Matt, you could just, like, not read the thread? [emoji14]

Chris, I don't know what juice you're using, but if/when you really get into it, there's a good chance you'll be spending more than 30 a month on juice! There was a point that I was spending about 60-80 a month, but that was on big name premium juices, £15+ for 30ml! Confused

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

ATM I'm getting 200ml for £30, It cones from someone called daddypig, taste is awesome an the clouds ain't bad at 30/70 mix.
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2016, 09:49 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(30-10-2016, 09:43 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: that was on big name premium juices, £15+ for 30ml! Confused

[Image: a3a.jpg]

Too far away to kill you tbh, but I could always ban you for a while if you like? Tongue
Thanks given by:
don't worry Thomas, i'll unban you, please continue to speak your mind lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sucking off robots is NOT cool. Fact.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Anyone remember when yo-yos went ridiculous?

Reminds me of that fad tbh.

Marlborough Reds or gtfo imo*

*Jokes aside, bigups Chris for giving up the ole cancer sticks - and to anyone else thats swapped them out for a bit of vaping. 

Thanks given by:
As Bash mentioned, i'm 'smoke free' nearly a year now and on the vaping malarkey. I don't spend loads on it or go 'cloud chasing' though.

I'm also now on the lowest nicotine (3mg) juice having weened myself down from 18mg this time last year.

Its a valid way to quit smoking if you do it right, but i'm sure if you just replace smoking with vaping... its probably just as bad.

P.S. I do still have a social fag with a drink. Nothing wrong with having a beer and a schmoke Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I've actually heard of people that didn't ever smoke, who have taken up vaping because they think it's cool.

Oh my.
Thanks given by:
A friend of mine has done exactly that Jordan.
Never smoked but now works in a vapist shop and sucks off robots all day long. Strange.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Well just bought my kangertech subtank Smile getting some new juice tomorrow so can't wait for a flavour change and Nic strength change Smile
I wouldn't of started vaping if I didn't/hadn't smoked, that just seems abit like bein a sheep to me.
Iv tried the patches an shit but this seems to be actually working so far Smile
Thanks given by:
now about 6 weeks cold turkey
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2016, 10:06 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: a beer and a schmoke Big Grin

Flapjack and a shigarette?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2016, 10:06 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: As Bash mentioned, i'm 'smoke free' nearly a year now and on the vaping malarkey. I don't spend loads on it or go 'cloud chasing' though.

I'm also now on the lowest nicotine (3mg) juice having weened myself down from 18mg this time last year.

Its a valid way to quit smoking if you do it right, but i'm sure if you just replace smoking with vaping... its probably just as bad.

P.S. I do still have a social fag with a drink. Nothing wrong with having a beer and a schmoke Big Grin

Deffo not as bad - vaping is basically water, propylene glycol, nicotine and flavouring. Fags are like hundreds if not thousands of carcinogens + tar + all sorts of stuff.  Propylene Glycol is the delivery agent of inhalers, used in smoke machines etc, and is basically considered safe . Nicotine is also considered to be essentially harmless apart from being addictive of course. It is true that vapers are basically now creating the evidence  (one way or another) as to whether continual exposure to PG has any serious health implications, so really we won't know for sure until 10 years or more down the line, but the odds are still alot better than smoking tobacco.

Far better to be puffing on a vape than a fag, FAR better. The argument over it being pointless to quite smoking actual cigarrettes and switch to vaping is a strange one I have always thought. Most smokers enjoy smoking, and the hand / mouth action of it plus the exhalation of smoke etc are all part of the process and thus the addiction / pleasure. This is why vapes are so successful, as the user gets to carry on experiencing these aspects. If as is believed  / hoped the vapes are essentially harmless, why should anyone be judgemental about people doing it?
Theres lot of things people do that they enjoy, I don't get why vaping is so judged - I guess it's just by association with smoking ?

Some folks are addicted to coffee and guzzle it all day long, would people get worked up if they switched to decaff ? Rofl
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up smoking again. bashbarnard 22 3,173 15-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Stopping smoking. callumcull 31 5,162 28-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  So, I've quit smoking Andy 109 24,984 23-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Poodle