Stopping smoking.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stopping smoking.
So, I'm stopping smoking and I'm hungry ALL the time.

That's all. /uselesspost
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's one of the bad points.. Gone cold turkey or..?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just stopped one day, tried cutting down but never works. This is horrible haha
Thanks given by:
MTFU, it's all psychological.
Thanks given by:
my dad turned into a right fat lady garden when he stopped

hes alright now though lol
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
If you haven't already get on the e-cigs callum, I've not touched a fag since april and not touched any nicotine at all since a bout 2 months ago now.. Only thing I've ever found to work
Thanks given by:
I've tried the ecigs, ended up using them at work and smoking whenever I was outside, didn't work for me. I know it's all in the mind, and yes, I need to man up and stop being a pussy...

Also, I should add I've not had anything since Sunday.
Thanks given by:
Were they nice flavoured ones? I kept with the gacky tasting 'original' flavour.. so i got the nicotine hit but didn't enjoy the taste
Thanks given by:
I'm right there with you mate, i started "Stoptober" on the 1st, and so far so good. Had a real urge to go out for a fag after a slight barney with the missus the other day, but that would have involved going to the shop to buy some baccy and rizla. Considering im also skint at the moment, that was always destined to fail. lol

Can't say i get the hunger thing though, but my appetite has been almost non-existent for a week or so now, not sure why. Keep it up though mate, you'll get through it. ThumbsUp

EDIT: also going cold turkey. Why bother trying to replace the fags with something "less harmful" if you can just do away with it all together? Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 09:55 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Why bother trying to replace the fags with something "less harmful" if you can just do away with it all together? Wink
This.

If you really want to quit, you'll just quit. If you're making a half-arsed attempt at it then you'll go back to smoking eventually Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 09:55 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'm right there with you mate, i started "Stoptober" on the 1st, and so far so good. Had a real urge to go out for a fag after a slight barney with the missus the other day, but that would have involved going to the shop to buy some baccy and rizla. Considering im also skint at the moment, that was always destined to fail. lol

Can't say i get the hunger thing though, but my appetite has been almost non-existent for a week or so now, not sure why. Keep it up though mate, you'll get through it. ThumbsUp

EDIT: also going cold turkey. Why bother trying to replace the fags with something "less harmful" if you can just do away with it all together? Wink

Yeah man for sure. I nearly caved in the other night, but slapped myself about and went for a run Wink
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 10:00 AM)callumcull Wrote: Yeah man for sure. I nearly caved in the other night, but slapped myself about and went for a run Wink

Running?! Screw that noise! I bitch and moan about having to walk from the front door to the car! lmao

Tbh, i just went out for a little blast in the DT, took my mind off it.
Thanks given by:
I have to get on the running and upper body stuff, I'm going in the navy as an ME soon so fitness is key Wink
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, each to their own. Tongue
Thanks given by:
10 years since I gave up (still have the odd fag very very occasionally).

I was fortunate enough not to be really working when I gave up so had a pint every time I wanted a fag and eventually was physically unable to comprehend smoking. Only took about 2 weeks and I didn't want to smoke anymore.
Thanks given by:
Tried 7 or 8 times now, think I have an addictive personality, always end up smoking again. Like the guy in Sin City said, "A smokers always a smoker when the chips are down" Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I've got a ELite. Been on it for a month or abit over now and not smoked since. Do crave it when I'm having a bru after fixed the car but just forget about it
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
I quit in January... I used an ecig for 3 months and haven't had anything since.. Well I bought a pack of 20 at reading festival and smoked a couple and thought they were rank...

As yeah I have properly quit now for a good while! I feel much better for it too.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I've been stopped 2 years I got tablets from doctors chapix I think they was called not touched a gag since do get the urge every now and again but not had one Big Grin

I put weight on tho when I stopped, but time at gym and changeing diet is starting to sort that Smile

Thanks given by:
Don't start, don't have to stop. SIMPLES Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 11:11 PM)Frosty Wrote: Don't start, don't have to stop. SIMPLES Smile
Wise words haha
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 11:19 PM)Craigus Wrote:
(04-10-2013, 11:11 PM)Frosty Wrote: Don't start, don't have to stop. SIMPLES Smile
Wise words haha

I say the odd 1 or 2 Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 09:18 AM)Scott Wrote: MTFU, it's all psychological.

Exactly this. Your body does not need it regardless of wether you have been smoking 1 or 10 years. It's just your mind telling you it does.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I quit 8 years ago, Used to do about 60-70g of Baccy a week. Used a combination of replacement Niccy patches and pig-headed "I'm not getting beat" will power. Best thing I ever did, Not touched one since barring the occasional exotic roll-up Smile
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Thought I'd update an old thread with my experience. I got one of the liquid pen type E-cigs online, haven't touched tobacco in 9 days since I got it! Best bit is, I got the Virginia liquid and it even tastes a fair bit like proper Golden Virginia! Longest I've gone without smoking since I was 14, really think I'm gonna quit this time Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 11:16 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Thought I'd update an old thread with my experience. I got one of the liquid pen type E-cigs online, haven't touched tobacco in 9 days since I got it! Best bit is, I got the Virginia liquid and it even tastes a fair bit like proper Golden Virginia! Longest I've gone without smoking since I was 14, really think I'm gonna quit this time Big Grin

Had to double check what I was reading then! Read it as vagina liquid to start with haha!!
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 12:01 AM)Carlos182 Wrote:
(26-10-2013, 11:16 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Thought I'd update an old thread with my experience. I got one of the liquid pen type E-cigs online, haven't touched tobacco in 9 days since I got it! Best bit is, I got the Virginia liquid and it even tastes a fair bit like proper Golden Virginia! Longest I've gone without smoking since I was 14, really think I'm gonna quit this time Big Grin

Had to double check what I was reading then! Read it as vagina liquid to start with haha!!

This needs to be made! Vagina liquid in a bottle?! Every man ever will buy it! lol
Thanks given by:
Can you imagine the ads? "I love the taste of vagina in the morning! "
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 09:19 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Can you imagine the ads? "I love the taste of vagina in the morning! "

Hahahaha. I'll rep you for this later Wink
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 09:19 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Can you imagine the ads? "I love the taste of vagina in the morning! "

Breakfast of champions.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quitting smoking Chris306 31 7,425 01-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Giving up smoking again. bashbarnard 22 3,218 15-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  So, I've quit smoking Andy 109 25,012 23-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Poodle