So, I've quit smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I've quit smoking
Pretty much same here, one of emmas relatives is in her 90's, smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish but she's still plodding on!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Pretty much same here, one of emmas relatives is in her 90's, smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish but she's still plodding on!

Really is down to genetics and luck on life span isn't it.

Sucks really as I've got family members who haven't lived past 65 and have rarely touched cigarettes etc.

I suppose if you enjoy smoking then why quit. There's a lot worse you could be harming yourself with!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Tbh I enjoy smoking... But want to quit !!

Vicious circle
Thanks given by:
I know I've never smoked so it's probably not really as easy as it sounds, but it seems with most people that you'll only really successfully give up smoking when you actually want to and as Trent said, why give up something if you enjoy it? There's a lot worse you could be doing!!
Thanks given by:
To be fair I find a lot of my friends are addicted to rolling rather then the smoking part.. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
That's the thing, if i wanted to quit then i would but i don't have any real reason too, i'm young, it doesn't really cost me much and it gives me something to do when i'm bored (especially at work!) Might give those electronic ciggies a blast though as it's pretty much the same thing.. tobacco is the only smoke i'm giving up on though lol
Thanks given by:
One reason I can see to start smoking is fag breaks.

Kinda takes the piss that some places give out an extra hour of paid work over the course of a days fag breaks.

What about the non smokers? Why don't they get some fresh air time. Sad
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
We don't get that at my work, we can only smoke on our breaks, can't just nip out when we feel like
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:We don't get that at my work, we can only smoke on our breaks, can't just nip out when we feel like

I see, obviously not every wheres like it but I do know of a few places like it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Benefit of working for a large company eh? lol
Thanks given by:
Cos smokers are awesome??

I really don't want to quit but I'm becoming so unfit

If I begin to put on weight ill start again :L

And yeah I've been allowed to have fags when ever I liked
Thanks given by:
I argued that when I was at work....ended up some fresh air breaks when we weren't busy. Smile
And I also agree with the above, if you like it and can afford....what motivation do you have for giving up lol.
Thanks given by:
The best electronic fag is skycig I paid £30something it had 2 cigs a fag packet which holds both cigs and instead of charging the cig you charge the packet which will charge 1 cig at a time. And also holds 5 cartridges plus the one on your cig. 5 cartridges was £8 equlivant to 200 or 400 fags.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is what I like to hear, I think I may have to get one
Thanks given by:
Dunno if anyone's suggested it yet, but when I quit 2 years ago I used those niquitin tablet thingees. looked like smints, and came in mint or cherry flavour.
They cost a lot less than the fake ciggy too, and break the 'prop' habit of actually puffing on something...

Worked for me anyways, though tbh it was probably more a combination of the missus telling me she couldnt stand the taste when I'd had a smoke, and the newly purchased GTi6 bankrupting me in fuel bills!!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Haha, no, that's another new suggestion.

My Mrs also hates it but then again I couldn't give a fook what she says about this particular subject.
Good boyfriend I am <---- true story

Well I'm gonna give different things a go and see what happens
Thanks given by:
HandyPandy Wrote:Haha, no, that's another new suggestion.

My Mrs also hates it but then again I couldn't give a fook what she says about this particular subject.
Good boyfriend I am <---- true story

Well I'm gonna give different things a go and see what happens

Tbh mate, the best thing is to stick with 1 thing. Chopping about isn't gonna help the continuity and you'll probs slip back.

Just stick at it, imo the hardest time is the first 2 weeks. It's then fine until around the 3month period, where I found myself saying "yeeah this quitting thing is easy, I can have a crafty fag here and there" but that just doesn't work! Just be aware of it and you'll be fine!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Well, just seen my team beaten by our most hated rivals and had a few beers in the stadium bar afterwards...

Fell off the wagon and started again. F*ck you St Helen's you scouse cheating c*nts Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm yeah I guess, well I'm not sure whether to just keep going the way I'm going and not substitute for anything or buy an electric cigarette...

Haha blame the scouse sounds like a good plan Wink
Thanks given by:
I've never tried it. Never had more then a sip of alcohol either!

I can see why people do it for the social aspect but then waste of money and harm to your health just seems crazy to me.
Thanks given by:
I know someone that did a 24 week course on these tablet called chempex and he said by the 3rd week he didn't want to touch a fag again. And it may be cheaper as you can get them prescribed by the doctor Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I quit about 8 years ago after my dad passed away from a heart attack and I've not looked back. I used nicotine patches but as said the main battle is in the head..will-power/blind stubbornness is the key! Think of the money you'll save too.

Sent from my rubbish BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Oh top tip mate, If you do start failing and really need a fag DONT buy a pack whatever you do cos then you have others to smoke. Ponce one off someone and then you wont be so tempted to smoke others because youve paid for them.

OBV its a million times better to not even have a crafty one though.
Thanks given by:
It's not until you hold up a pair of blacked, diseased pair of lungs from a deceased chronic smoker that you fully appreciate how bad smoking is for you.

Weane yourself off gradually. You'll have much better long term success, this will avoid the problem of having the odd crafty cig cravings that often gets people relapsing again if they try go full on cold turkey. Then using those patches will substitute the nicotine required to de-sensitize your brain and subsequent cravings.

Electronic cigs are good, as it recreates the physical act of smoking which again should help as you often associate the act of smoking - that is puting the cig in your mouth and puffing - to feeling good. Will power prevails though at the end of the day.. Go visit someone living on o2 tanks, sorted!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
I agree with all the above

I do think looking at someones ruined lungs would help but I will be sick just lookingbat normal lungs :L

Thing is I did give in today and bummed a fag, and a half, off good old midnightclub (cheers hunni lawwl) but he tried to day no... (Maybe done what Dum Dum said)

I'm going to keep trying bit we shall see how it goes...

Cheers for the suggestions guys
Thanks given by:
I didn't have one all day yesterday, spent an hour working in the garden today (which usually makes me have loads of fag breaks lol ) and I haven't had one. I feel really shit though, constantly on edge and irritable...
Thanks given by:
Yeah :L I immediately become my girlfriend when I don't smoke... She's really scary lool I joke
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:....constantly on edge and irritable...

Sounds like me constantly........maybe I should start smoking. :think: lol
Thanks given by:
Oh f*ck I'm turning into Tom! Where are those Lamberts? lol
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Oh f*ck I'm turning into Tom! Where are those Lamberts? lol

lmao
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quitting smoking Chris306 31 7,427 01-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz