Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring
Matt Wrote:How did you get into that bridge? Thinking back there is a stupidly huge speedbump at the beginning?
Its not stupidly big but theres now several big gouges on it and the underside of my car but boost and tyres smoke got me over in the end.

Poodle Wrote:Bahahahaha, scraping the white lines, proper job!
It is only the exhaust but its so much win.
Thanks given by:
Trent/Danny, I have an exhaust video, I just need to upload it (with all my other photos and videos from yesterday).

Ive been out today and done a 0-60 and 1/4 mile up a slip road (about a 15 meter climb across the 0-60 distance). I was having to lift off the throttle to avoid traffic on the 1/4 mile. It was a damp road and I had the T/C off

Timed on GPS on my phone which is good cos when the GPS said 50 my speedo said 60 lol

0-60 = 10.28s
1/4 mile = 16.87s

I reckon 0-60 in 10 flat and a 1/4 mile in the low 16s is possible on a dry flat road.

Oh and Ive got enough poly hose to plumb in my MBC once its stopped raining and the engine has cooled. Only problem is on some of the BMW forums they say 1.3BAR is the peak the ECU can handle on a standard chip before it shits itself and cuts the fuel.

Well im seeing 18psi peak, thats 1.224 bar and 1.3 bar is 19.11psi so i aint got alot of room for improvement. See if itll bring the 0-60 down a little though.
Thanks given by:
Could you not just get a bigger blower? Same pressure but more flow
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Could you not just get a bigger blower? Same pressure but more flow

Wont matter once the VE is on.

Oh and for those who dont have me on facebook a photo of the "puff" of smoke my car dissapeared in last night.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
How long do you reckon till the ve is on?
Thanks given by:
Not a clue, maybe august. Darren has gotta finish his car before he does my pump.

I may buy the turbo next month though
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
Pegged gauge FTW lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Removed the boost controller and worked out why I couldnt get the boost below 24psi.

Full explanation with pics tomorrow.

And ill refit the controller with some mods if it stops raining.
Thanks given by:
Lol awesome, also that smoke in a mcdonalds car park?.... chav :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So this mornings work has found out that

The oil drain to the sump is a 15mm ID hose.
The bolt head for the oil feed is 14mm but i couldnt get it out to measure the thread.

Oh and all E30,E36 and E46 cars have the same bell housing pattern!!!!

So an E46 320d 6speed box will bolt up, ratios 1-5 are almost exactly the same, it uses the same diff ratio as my car and the 6th ratio is 0.86. (my 5th ratio is 1:1). Now that could be good for fuel economy.
Thanks given by:
So, the reason why I couldnt get the boost controller below 24psi.

[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Yep in case you didnt guess by the picture titles thats a couple of inches of the hose from the turbo to the boost controller.

I think I must of blown it when I pegged the gauge as I heard a pop just as it hit the fuel cut and I felt like I was going backwards.

Thanks given by:
Sounds like a good idea to use the 320d box. What are these pulling at 70 in 5th?
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Sounds like a good idea to use the 320d box. What are these pulling at 70 in 5th?

The 325TDS is officially 28.7mph/1000rpm in 5th meaning 2440rpm @70mph
The 320d is officially 34.8mph/1000rpm in 6th meaning 2010rpm @70mph
Thanks given by:
Is it worth the swap do you reckon? 400 revs won't make a huge difference to economy or noise really...
Thanks given by:
You'll actually probably find it'll use more fuel in 6th because the efficiency isn't there at that low RPM... You'll end up labouring the engine... Especially if you put on a bigger turbo...

My car still returns 52-55mpg even on a DT box which is doing like 2750 at 70mph... It wouldn't return much better on a HDI box - That's because it's burning it's fuel 100% at those sorts of RPMs and the boost is continually there to make it burn completely.

I'd only change it if the ratios were closer between.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Echoing the above really, only benefit maybe easier access to a heavier duty clutch and higher top speed
Thanks given by:
You gotta remember now Im a BMW driver I dont cruise at 70mph now, Its 80-90mph in the fast lane flashing my headlights at anything that dosent get out my way within a split nano second. LOLz
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:You gotta remember now Im a BMW driver I dont cruise at 70mph now, Its 80-90mph in the fast lane flashing my headlights at anything that dosent get out my way within a split nano second. LOLz

Oh how I hope you come across me in the fast lane of a motorway. I have a severe hatred for BMW fast lane drivers and I will do everything I can to piss them off!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:You gotta remember now Im a BMW driver I dont cruise at 70mph now, Its 80-90mph in the fast lane flashing my headlights at anything that dosent get out my way within a split nano second. LOLz

Oh how I hope you come across me in the fast lane of a motorway. I have a severe hatred for BMW fast lane drivers and I will do everything I can to piss them off!

You do realise I was joking?

That said the speed of the BMW does kinda sneak up on you on the motorway.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know....but it's like a disease. You start off joking then before you know it you are doing it shouting to other drivers "get out of my BMW lane!"
Careful, you will be ordering some fake oakleys soon.....

Also, look what happened to Scott. He had a BMW for a few weeks. He drove it like a cock and now he's ginger and wears a straw hat.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:look what happened to Scott. He had a BMW for a few weeks. He drove it like a cock and now he's ginger and wears a straw hat.
lmao lmao lmao

Ahem, Ive had it for almost a month now and all Ive done is ruined a few pairs of rear tyres and permanently upset the traction control so it trys to kill me if i leave it turned on (true story)

I actually lost my £5 Oakley style sunnies the other week but im gonna resist getting another set as its more money to spend on a BFO turbo. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
Niall Wrote:look what happened to Scott. He had a BMW for a few weeks. He drove it like a cock and now he's ginger and wears a straw hat.
lmao lmao lmao

Ahem, Ive had it for almost a month now and all Ive done is ruined a few pairs of rear tyres and permanently upset the traction control so it trys to kill me if i leave it turned on (true story)

I actually lost my £5 Oakley style sunnies the other week but im gonna resist getting another set as its more money to spend on a BFO turbo. Big Grin

So spend that 5 quid on going faster instead of seeing where your going?

Love it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:So spend that 5 quid on going faster instead of seeing where your going?
I have other sunglasses, theyer just not quite so "BMW".

Also I now need to save up money for a BMW jacket and keyring too.
Thanks given by:
So just to remind everyone what a car breaker I am, after less than 1 month of ownership Ive managed to fatally wound the clutch and now its slipping.

ARSE!
Thanks given by:
You knobber. Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
£130 for LUK clutch isn't all that bad though right?

Link
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 11:26 AM)silverzx Wrote: £130 for LUK clutch isn't all that bad though right?

No its not but If ive shredded a standard clutch at standard power theres no way im fitting another standard one when im planning on running twice its current power.
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 11:33 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No its not but If ive shredded a standard clutch at standard power theres no way im fitting another standard one when im planning on running twice its current power.

Fair 'nough. Helix around £300 or so then?

Just so you know I can't view/see any of these videos you've apparently uploaded in the above posts...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,639 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,829 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,206 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM