Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring
Dum-Dum Wrote:LOL only if your paying for the tyres.

Guess a quick 2nd / 3rd / 4th pull will have to suffice. lol
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
LOL, we'll see.
Thanks given by:
Is the economy really that bad on 'em?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
This one is especially bad. The economy on the trip computer would just about be bearable but the trip computer is massively optimistic.

The last one wasnt bad, dont think this one is happy and TBH im probably driving it harder for the noise.

Ive got my induction kit fitted and the noise is even more awesome and it feels a little bit quicker too. Also removed the EGR system and removed the standard washer bottle and replaced it with a small one on the passenger side of the bay (more room for a big turbo and induction kit).
Thanks given by:
Nice..!

Will be really cool once you get your old idi VE Bosch on there! Vegetable drifting must be win!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:...TBH im probably completely arse-raping it for the noise....

EFA. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sooooooooo

1 week of BMW ownership and its time for 2 new tyres.

1 is quite mattered and melted, got a puncture, pushed the tyre off the rim and split the sidewall, the other is bald (already)

[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Jeeze Chris those tyres were alright just a week ago!?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
lmfao, Get freindly with your local part worn tire dealers then Tongue
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:lmfao, Get freindly with your local part worn tire dealers then Tongue

Yeah but £90 for a pair of 40% worn birdgestones is still a bit much for a weekly visit.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:lmfao, Get freindly with your local part worn tire dealers then Tongue

Yeah but £90 for a pair of 40% worn birdgestones is still a bit much for a weekly visit.
f*ck that for a laugh! i get my 195 55 15 part worns for £20 fitted and balanced lol
bmw ownership will no doubt come with bmw costs!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Much as I moan about £90 for a pair of tyres in one week a tank of fuel in one week is also £90
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell mate, that thing drinks worse than my Octavia :o
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
FLOL nice dude! Saw that coming a mile off. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:FLOL nice dude! Saw that coming a mile off. Wink

It amazes me how bad the trip computer MPG is, I reset it when I last filled up and havent touched it again till it filled up. It said 49.7mpg and I got 30.2mpg. The Range is potentially very accurate depending on how big the BMW tank actually is. When I filled up it said I had 55 miles left (and i put in just under 60l). The tank is supposedly 62l but if its bigger then maybe I had 55 miles left.

Ive ordered a boost controller and a pod for my boost gauge so hopefully if i can get the boost up a little itll stop smoking all the time and my economy will go up.

Anyway some pics of recent progress.

Induction kit
[attachment=2]

Relocated washer bottle
[attachment=3]

De-EGR
[attachment=1]

Oh and wound the front down another 60mm on the coilovers.
[attachment=0]

Slightly destroyed my passenger side front wing jacking it up in the wrong place but the paint is alright and its now held on at the bottom with cable ties.

Im slightly worried that its sitting on one of the chassis raills on the kerb now but i cant see underneath to check.

It scares me that theres 40mm of thread left on the coilovers at the front but I dont think theres 40mm between the bottom of the skirts and the floor.

May go and fit my M3 side repeaters later.

Oh and ive been naughtily on ebay looking at E46 coupe shells ninja

Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Ruan whats the exhaust flange like on those TD05s?

Flangesque?

Nothing a bit of steel plate can't fix...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Wish my diesel daily was as interesting as this. The only mods I'm allowed to do involve sticking bits on and painting bits!

Why do you think it's doing badly on fuel? Not being funny but surely for what it's costing you (guessing around £1.42ish recently) on diesel you could be running a 328i couldn't you? I know it does like 2...mpg but it would cost significantly less to fuel it...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:Why do you think it's doing badly on fuel? Not being funny but surely for what it's costing you (guessing around £1.42ish recently) on diesel you could be running a 328i couldn't you? I know it does like 2...mpg but it would cost significantly less to fuel it...

Factory MPG figures are only 27.7MPG round town, 50.4MPG on the motorway and 38.7MPG combined and thats for the saloon. Mine is 80kg heavier.

I think with the fact that I like to put my foot down a bit and that fact that although I say mixed driving it is actually pretty much entirely "round town" Its roughly whats expected.

Yes I could get a 328i but Id have to drive it like a pussy to get 30mpg. The noise of the 325TDS with the exhaust and induction kit is epic, not just epic for a diesel but epic full stop, ask anyone whos heard it.

Also when I get my VE pump on it itll be more powerful than a 328i

Think im just gonna put up with the terrible MPG for the boosted RWD based WIN.
Thanks given by:
These aren't actually that good on fuel, my lasses stepdad had a Rangie with that engine and got 30mpg on a run (obviously much bigger and heavier though). Look at it this way, it's still better on fuel than a 316i Compact and has the same power as a 323i once it's chipped, and more than a 328i with a new pump and turbo...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
So from last night (this morning) at Leake Street, Lambeth. Not as many photos as Id of liked due to scary junkies deciding they didnt want anyone else in the tunnel.

[attachment=5]
[attachment=4]
[attachment=3]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Thanks given by:
Still waiting for the exhaust video.

Could do that today, would only take 5 minutes of your time.. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
is is cool

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Boost gauge is fitted and Im glad I did as Ive found out why it was trying to stall on gear changes when cold. Basically the boost hose from the manifold to the MAP sensor wasnt plugged in. So thats all fixed now and Im peaking at 18psi and holding a steady 16psi all the way past 4500rpm.

[attachment=0]

Just gotta work out its random cutting out problem.

Arron Wrote:is is cool
Cheers Mate

silverzx Wrote:Still waiting for the exhaust video.

Could do that today, would only take 5 minutes of your time.. Wink

I could but Im waiting till its daylight and the roads are empty ie my way into work for earlys tomorrow. Cant really put my foot down round here during the day.

Thanks given by:
Fair enough, I'll just keep waiting. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Hopefully that should sort out some of your dodgy fuel economy then mate!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks better now the front end is right down, you sorted the rubbing on the rear yet?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That is farking low! Haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Poodle yeah the rears are sorted for now, just need to flare them a little more so I can get 225 width tyres in.

Matt its stupid low, need to work out how to get the back lower though. it scrapes on the white lines in the middle of the road its so low.
Thanks given by:
How did you get into that bridge? Thinking back there is a stupidly huge speedbump at the beginning?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Bahahahaha, scraping the white lines, proper job!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,602 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,822 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,194 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM