Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring
Short attention span lol
Thanks given by:
The VE cant be fixed as we cant get the parts.

I dont want the car if i cant have a VE so its for sale.

£650 see the FS section
Thanks given by:
Whats up with the VE?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Vane pumps shot and its scored up the front housing pretty bad (hence pumps not pumping fuel) could put a second hand one in it, but its never gunna make pressure right because of how scored it is... and the housing is rare as fook as its one of the 2 lug mount ones....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Boxster is a good shout mate.

Go for an early one, in a popular colour. Silver with red interior (as per the original Boxster concept car) would be your best bet. Those cars are likely to only hold their value so buy it and run it for a year and sell it on at virtually the same price.

Excellent cars too, far better than any hatchback. Just don't modify it.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Surely the VE you have isn't the ONLY pump that could work/be bodged on? Could you modify something similar off one of the mech pump mercs?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 08:05 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Surely the VE you have isn't the ONLY pump that could work/be bodged on? Could you modify something similar off one of the mech pump mercs?

It has a silly 2 lug mounting on the nose of the pump that are rare as fook IIRC Danny and its part of the case casting Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yeah, what mark said. These pumps are rare as rocking horse shit and there is nothing close enough to fit.
Thanks given by:
Surely youd think of an epic way to pikey it on?
Araldite?
Gaffa tape?
Cable ties?
Hammer and nails?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Nah it wouldnt like it.
Thanks given by:
Whats the pump case made from...?
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:37 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Whats the pump case made from...?

Aluminium Alloy shite AFAIK
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
metal
Thanks given by:
Ah ok mark.. something which can't be 'welded' i'm guessing?

No shit chris Tongue
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 11:05 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Ah ok mark.. something which can't be 'welded' i'm guessing?

No shit chris Tongue

It could be welded, but only really to something made from the same shite, but thats not really going to help Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Unless you were to weld the piece that is uber rare to a different similar pump? Probably not actually do able but just a thought
Thanks given by:
Let me explain the issue...

ALL bosch VE injection pumps have a vane style low pressure pump in the front nose, for lifting fuel into the pump body, and holding the correct regulated pressure inside the VE housing to work the advance system...this pump is a hardended steel pump, in a steel ring housing, the back side of the rotor / vanes however, run against the ally ve case housing...what has happened, which is fairly common, is the vane pump is worn / totally shot (teflon coating gone, scored steel on steel) which I can normally get around by replacing just the pump, but this is so far gone, A totally new one was really the only option as it has scored the hell out of the casing itself (only ally).....this again normally isnt an issue, as casings are everywhere, but these BMW pumps run a strange nose / bolt hole design, which are acaully pretty damn rare / expensive, and as ive just found out, can no longer be purchased new...

That is the issue...I could put a second pump back in, and it might work for a bit, but meh, its a lash, and Chris said hes got overheating / rust issues, so isnt that keen anyway I dont think...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Another one bites the dust...
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,614 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,826 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,199 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM