Zx track time @ fcs - help?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zx track time @ fcs - help?
So looks like I'll be taking the Zx on track at fcs

More of a shakedown / bit of testing than anything else.

Need to make a list of stuff that needs sorting before then.

Can anyone help with time or the following things? Open to suggestion / unsolicited advice too.

Will update as soon I think of anything.

Find a set of tyres to run - 15" size
Replace front wheel bearings - ordered
Relocate fmic for better airflow
Service brakes / change fluid
Setup fuel pump
Find spare bumper to make holes in for airflow
Replace rear beam mounts
Thanks given by:
what do you mean find a set of tyres to run 15s? is that tyres for15" alloys or alloys for 15" tyres. Ive got a spare set of ps3s but youd have to pay me cost for them but if it helps time wise you can get them from ipswich.
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2016, 04:20 PM)Eeyore Wrote: what do you mean find a set of tyres to run 15s? is that tyres for15" alloys or alloys for 15" tyres. Ive got a spare set of ps3s but youd have to pay me cost for them but if it helps time wise you can get them from ipswich.

Need to either sort a set of tyres to run on track - in 15inch, with or without wheels.

or a spare set of wheels and tyres to get me home - I can probably borrow some for this purpose
Thanks given by:
DANGER TO MANIFOLD!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'd offer to help as I've not long cracked open a 5l bottle of DOT4 and have a bleeder but I'm now tied up with work and stuff till FCS
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2016, 05:04 PM)Ruan Wrote: DANGER TO MANIFOLD!

That literally made me lol!

As said I'm up for helping get a bit more air thru the FMIC. Sure I can have a look over brakes too while I'm at it.
Thanks given by:
Find a fridge...rip the side off...lash up some shrowding...

Done.

/NotwhatIdidarall
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2016, 06:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: Find a fridge...rip the side off...lash up some shrowding...

Done.

/NotwhatIdidarall

Interesting you say that. There's a dead freezer out the back of mine at the mo and I have an angle grinder.....

Looking forward to trying out my new, very old mig anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
shouldve dropped me a message a few weeks back could've organised a day at the works workshop with all eqipment for you. with me supervising obviously. bit short notice for me to lend a hand now though Sad
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Would have obviously offered my help / workshop Tom for pump tuning / wheel bearings in press etc, but bit far away for short notice Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2016, 05:04 PM)Ruan Wrote: DANGER TO MANIFOLD!

FLOL

(31-05-2016, 05:28 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'd offer to help as I've not long cracked open a 5l bottle of DOT4 and have a bleeder but I'm now tied up with work and stuff till FCS

(31-05-2016, 06:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: Find a fridge...rip the side off...lash up some shrowding...

Done.

/NotwhatIdidarall

(31-05-2016, 06:17 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote:

Done.

/NotwhatIdidarall

Interesting you say that. There's a dead freezer out the back of mine at the mo and I have an angle grinder.....

Looking forward to trying out my new, very old mig anyway Smile

(31-05-2016, 06:47 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: shouldve dropped me a message a few weeks back could've organised a day at the works workshop with all eqipment for you. with me supervising obviously. bit short notice for me to lend a hand now though Sad

(31-05-2016, 06:49 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Would have obviously offered my help / workshop Tom for pump tuning / wheel bearings in press etc, but bit far away for short notice Sad

Thanks all, was a last min decision to buy Dumdums tracktime

Cheers to Paul who is gonna lend his time and skills on Friday

Looks like sorted a set of part worn ps3 for tyres, need to source some rims to stick them on.
Thanks given by:
Bash has some yellow clones
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2016, 08:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Bash has some yellow clones

if only i didn't think they'd look absolutely gash on a zx
Thanks given by:
I think they'd look better than you sat in the pits with a useless track time ticket
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tyres sorted

Thanks given by:
Hope your list is getting smaller bud
Thanks given by:
Not massively :/
Thanks given by:
Ah not good bud
Thanks given by:
Find a set of tyres to run - 15" size
Replace front wheel bearings - ordered
Relocate fmic for better airflow
Service brakes / change fluid
Setup fuel pump
Find spare bumper to make holes in for airflow
Replace rear beam mounts - prob won't have time

Have managed to sort tyres, and hopefully some spare steels to put them on to

Spare front bumper to abuse for airflow has been sourced

Been making adjustments to the fuel pump on a couple of long runs I did today - getting there with EGTs, don't rise as fast now and off boost fueling has been tipped in a bit more. May have to just drop fuelling / boost / power right down to make sure temps stay good on track.

Hopefully have enough time Friday to change brake fluid, replace wheel bearings, get tyres knocked on and balanced + re-jig FMIC mounting and knock up some cowling.
Thanks given by:
Hope you get time bud
Thanks given by:
I'll buy your track time when alltheboost splits your head apart.. Thanks.

In all seriousness. I'll be around Friday and Saturday with my toolbox if you need a hand with anything
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 06:53 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I'll buy your track time when alltheboost splits your head apart.. Thanks.

In all seriousness. I'll be around Friday and Saturday with my toolbox if you need a hand with anything

Hohoho - cheers dude for offer of help, reckon can get a pit crew together? block change in sub 14seconds...

Forgot I also need to add injectors to list of things to check over too.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyre pressures...for track time Piggy 23 3,311 28-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  FCS 15 track time camping/hotel cully 23 5,219 13-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Track time - FCS declantg 20 8,352 13-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Last Post: jammapic