Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DervMafia Eddy Current Dyno Upgrade
Well basically the sale of the old one has covered the cost of the new one....

So after laying the concrete pad, it was time to start building up the block walls around the outside of the pit.... We didn't bother with this last time as the old Clayton unit supported its own covers, and we didn't really think it was worth wasting money on block to build around as am likely to be moving workshops at some point in the near future. Anyhow, the new unit requires a wall to support the top frame, so at least it forced us into doing a better job this time around!

So got Rhys (on here) over to give a hand with the blockwork to take advantage of his building skills, so many thanks to him for helping us out there....Saved me a tonne of time, as although I do lay block on the farm / did all the pit etc myself, it would have taken me double the time so Cheers Rhys!!

Getting things squared up etc:

[Image: DSC_0289.jpg]

Sticking a few away:

[Image: DSC_0292.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0296.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0297.jpg]

One for Rhys Wink hehe

[Image: DSC_0301.jpg]

And second course, had to cut every block on the second course to achieve the correct height:

[Image: DSC_0303.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0304.jpg]

Filled arounds the edges as we went to tidy it up, and also add strength by tie'ing it into the existing concrete floor:

[Image: DSC_0306.jpg]

So after finishing that, it was time to start stripping down the new unit, for two reasons, 1 - because I wanted to go right through it like I did with the last, and 2 - because unless its in individual parts there is no way we are going to be able to lift the unit in, as it is EXTREMELY heavy!!!

So removed the rollers / bearings and then the eddy brake from the frame, and the air lift, leaving a rather grubby / greasy bare frame! :

[Image: DSC_0307.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0308.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0310.jpg]

Pretty much all for now, but ready to start cleaning up / rebuilding the thing now it has a home to go into!

Thanks for reading Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: DervMafia Eddy Current Dyno Upgrade - by Matt - 31-08-2015, 01:37 PM
RE: DervMafia Eddy Current Dyno Upgrade - by darrenjlobb - 02-09-2015, 08:16 PM
DervMafia Eddy Current Dyno Upgrade - by silverzx - 04-09-2015, 09:52 AM
DervMafia Eddy Current Dyno Upgrade - by silverzx - 07-09-2015, 02:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post