306 TUD5 Turbo Project. - Yes, TUD5 in a 306!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 TUD5 Turbo Project. - Yes, TUD5 in a 306!!!
Good effort Mr. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 02:23 PM)silverzx Wrote: Good effort Mr. Smile
Cheers mate.

More has turned up in the post now, got some banjo bolts for the turbo and the fuel pump and some line adapters as well as awesome colored fuel line and the bit of ally that is gonna become my inlet plenum. Still trying to rain though sadly.

Thanks given by:
I will be keeping my eye on this! be interesting in how it will turn out!
Thanks given by:
Done a little more this afternoon, drive shafts are in, chassis is modified for the FMIC which now comfortably fits, PAS pump bracket modified and almost fitted (need the drill to recharge), swapped the earth wiring over to something more substantial and have been playing with water pipes trying to get those sorted.

Small issue that i hooked up the glow plug relay to the live ans half hour later the wiring caught fire with a bit of a woosh as I was under the car with the hammer. I think the positive terminal of the relay dropped onto an injector pipe and earthed the feed wire. Fortunately I got to it and put it out sharpish. I have turned the ignition on and there's no funny lights, only issue there is the temp sits well off the top of the gauge so I guess that's either getting 12v when it shouldn't or earth when it shouldn't

Thanks given by:
Temp gauge is earth
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 06:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Temp gauge is earth

Should be earth is going daft cos it's earthed?
Thanks given by:
Dum Dum, are these engines physically smaller than the standard 1.9 engines?
Thanks given by:
Yeah procta a lot. They came in the metro as well. You should get rid of the vvc and go derv. You know its the right thing to do.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 07:47 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah procta a lot. They came in the metro as well. You should get rid of the vvc and go derv. You know its the right thing to do.

dervs are rare to find in metros sadly bash, They did a 1.4 and the 1.5, but the 1.4 kept killing Head gaskets, The 1.5 got a bigger rad, as they used the standard metro rad for the 1.4 ( I have the 1.5 Derv rad in my car)

But here is the twist, I might have the diesel info for these engines, if you want to know anything dum dum, as Rover did a work shop for the diesel metro,
I can check if you want? I might even have it on a CD too.
Thanks given by:
Well this is interesting. Don't just half arse it all though!
Will the extra weight of the 306 shell not strain the engine a bit though? especially if it's a dumdum 'slap a turdo on cus she'll b rit ' kind of job
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Ooh now that would be interesting and yes the engine is much smaller than the XUD.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 07:29 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ooh now that would be interesting and yes the engine is much smaller than the XUD.

Do you want to me to have a look, to what info I have for this engine dum dum? I may have a CD or maybe an old manual too!
Thanks given by:
Yeah if you don't mind.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 12:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah if you don't mind.

ok I will see what I have,
Thanks given by:
once again there is only one word, nutcase Wink
Thanks given by:
genuinely looking forward to seeing this finished.

please finish this one haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 07:29 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ooh now that would be interesting and yes the engine is much smaller than the XUD.

Not much lighter though!!

126kg vs 140kg

And the 126kg is without turbo etc!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2015, 06:53 AM)Piggy Wrote:

Not much lighter though!!

126kg vs 140kg

And the 126kg is without turbo etc!

Got to be lighter than that for the TUD5, defo under 100kg
Thanks given by:
Interesting project fair play to you for being different ☺
Thanks given by:
Nah bud its 126kg. For sure. Factory figures
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Heavy Fookers the iron TU's are, doesn't help having a hefty injection pump on it.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Got free time and many tools available tomorrow if you want a hand dude, be interested to see this happen.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2015, 12:54 PM)Dturbobooost Wrote: Interesting project fair play to you for being different ☺
Cheers Mate

(25-07-2015, 02:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Nah bud its 126kg. For sure. Factory figures
Nah I can lift it, it cant be 126kg.

(25-07-2015, 03:01 PM)welshpug Wrote: Heavy Fookers the iron TU's are, doesn't help having a hefty injection pump on it.
Yeah definitely heavier than the 1.4 petrol that was in there but not 126kg

(25-07-2015, 07:29 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Got free time and many tools available tomorrow if you want a hand dude, be interested to see this happen.
Nah gonna piss down tomorrow and I don't like it enough to get a soaking especially as there isn't a huge amount I can do till I get come extra bits of hose in the right size to replace the oddly sized bit I tore.

Had another afternoon working on it after going out this morning then spending far too long doing a slow cooked bacon snadwich for lunch. Decided to strip all the stuff that isn't used out of the loom

That turned out to be quite a bit of wiring that I'm not using. There's more to go back in like a glow plug relay and fan wiring which I want done separately plus all the gauges but that'll do for now.

After finishing drilling holes for the PAS pump I cleaned up all of the surface rust.

I then slapped some hammerite about and bolted the power steering pump in after bending the pipe straight with a blow torch. Worked out where the resovior is going too, up by the brake master cylinder to give it enough height that I won't get an air lock. Checked that the pump worked after trimming out the wiring and it does. Gave the lucas pump a tune (hence the carrier bag over the alternator and rag), cap unscrewed nice and easy and couldn't believe my luck when the allen key hole was right there in front of me. Gave it about 15 degrees.

I ran my shiny fuel lines under the car, 10mm feed and standard size return in the lovely high vis stuff with about a hundred cable ties to keep it all up.

And here she is as she stands tonight. Had the rad on and looked at hoses some more and have a plan of action for those. Also think If I trim a little more off the intercooler I might be able to bolt it straight to the slam panel

So what's left:
Water hose from water pump inlet to stat housing
Matrix hoses
PAS res hose
Starter motor
Do up some suspension bolts
Drive shaft bolts
Actually attach the fuel lines to the pump
Fit rad, fan and FMIC
Add wiring for starter motor
Finish wiring for PAS pump and engine
Washer bottle fitting to battery tray and wiring
refit front end
top up with fluids and some fuel
and the bit I'm dreading, knock up an exhaust!
Thanks given by:
Argue all ya want. Its 126kg. It will be slow. Then ragged to death. And die.
And then you'll xud9 it Tongue

Hehe

Still got me watching this space mind ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
How strong are the gearboxes compared to a BE3?
Thanks given by:
The tu boxs are like cheese. Saying that ive blown up a be box and never a tu
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I killed a couple of TU boxes on 1.4s... I can't see them coping well with diesel torque...or Chris' driving. Confused Tongue
Thanks given by:
What I was wondering, how well will it cope in a 306?
Thanks given by:
not very, theres a good reason why they used a tu-be4 in the xsara picasso and later 307's and the vans.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
1.6 hdi after the tud blows up
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,178 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,212 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,763 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01