Xud9SD and TE crankshafts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xud9SD and TE crankshafts.
Quick question to the Guru's!

Are Xud9SD and XUD9TE  crankshafts (Cast vs Forged) compatible?

Also, same question for Camshafts? (the TE's have a vacuum pump on the end, SD's don't) but other than that?

I'll collecting parts for my engine rebuild, its a Suzuki Vitara with the XUD9sd 1.9 DTurbo.  

Stock its 72Hp, I'm well past that point.
Suzuki Santana Vitara 1.9 Td (Xud9) 3Dr
Thanks given by:
Hammer?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2015, 06:57 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Hammer?

No Hammers
Thanks given by:
compatible yes, the same no.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
One is burnished steel, the other is plain steel.

As Welshpug says, compatible, yes, the same, no.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2015, 09:49 AM)Ruan Wrote: One is burnished steel, the other is plain steel.

As Welshpug says, compatible, yes, the same, no.

Thanks, thats what I needed to Know, as I'm doing a Build, and may as well Drop in a Forged Crank, along with HDi rods.

Oh, make it a triple Question:???   I've seen somewhere else that the DW10 is also a Drop-In compatible crank, that true?

And if So, is it forged, better than the Xud9te Crank & which DW10?  theres a few,  what Engine code?
(anyone want to sell me a Crank and Rods?)   Rofl  Smile  Rofl
Thanks given by:
They're both forged - just one is burnished.

DW10TD/RHY = Plain Steel like XUD7/XUD9SD
DW10TED/RHZ = Burnished Steel like XUD9TE.

I've seen DW10TDs which use XUD7/XUD9SD Plain steel crank @ 220hp+ on the original crank, you'll run into other issues long before you get crank issues, I've never seen one fail.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
I have multiple sets of hdi rods for sale if you need some.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2015, 02:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: They're both forged - just one is burnished.

DW10TD/RHY = Plain Steel like XUD7/XUD9SD
DW10TED/RHZ = Burnished Steel like XUD9TE.

I've seen DW10TDs which use XUD7/XUD9SD Plain steel crank @ 220hp+ on the original crank, you'll run into other issues long before you get crank issues, I've never seen one fail.

200hp+..Plain Steel:...Agreed, but if I'm doing a bottom to top rebuild, it doesn't hurt to drop in a stronger crank, even if it's only 10% better.
(ie, I'm getting the rotating assembly balanced.. pulley, crank, flywheel, so may as well do it with the best possible parts.)

(02-06-2015, 06:16 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I have multiple sets of hdi rods for sale if you need some.

Just after writing my post, I think I got that sorted here, but Good to know.  (You don't have Forged H-beams to sell do ya? $ Rofl $ Rofl $ Rofl $)

ps. I Blame you for my Xud9 obsession!  Start off watching your videos and doing minor tinkerings, now I can't stop! 

HELLO!! It seems like I can grab a DW10ATED/RHZ... pull its Crank & Rods attach, throw on XUD9 pistons and I'm good to go!?

Flywheel bolt pattern & pulley shaft identical!(?)

Sound about right?
Thanks given by:
Yes you certainly can do this - the bottom ends are identical near enough in the RHZ vs RHY - just a different crank, can put XUD9 pistons on and it all fits fine.

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206...bbm2k3.htm

Very good document for knowing what you can and can't use out of DW10 Motors.
Thanks given by:
Question, I have a Xud9te (DHX), That would have a forged crank right?
Thanks given by:
As above, all forged.
Just one is burnished, you should have the right one. XUD9TE is all you need to worry about, DHY/X has nowt to do with it.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulley question: xud9sd to Dw8 JamesPT 2 1,025 22-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Last Post: JamesPT